• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M PANICKING.

I thought you were gone for good

nice to see you back

anyways I can't wait to see how the community reacts to this tomorrow

I can already see it now (dreamily fade in)

It could honestly go really well, or end up something like the way of Final Fantasy: All The Bravest. Maybe it's gonna feature previous characters? Maybe it's a side story? Something all new? The announcement was completely open ended.

Either way I'm excited and not the slightest bit worried for some reason, despite the fact that I probably should have a hint of doubt, worry, or fear.

Is this going to be an actual game for mobile devices or just some kind of FE related app?

I bet an actual game, but more along the lines of typical mobile stuff than an actual product worth $40, but maybe better if it's Nintendo.

I really despise waiting games like "wait 8 hours so fencepost can be complete," I hope it isn't like that.

Edited by Knight

best case scenario: it's an app adaptation of cipher. i mean god damn that would be fantastic and it sort of makes sense for the mobile market

And it could mean *gasp* a localization of the Cipher game as well?!?!? (pure speculation at this point of course)

As long as this mobile app doesn't rely on microtransactions, I'm pumped

Edited by Bullwine85

best case scenario: it's an app adaptation of cipher. i mean god damn that would be fantastic and it sort of makes sense for the mobile market

This would actually be really cool.

Yus. FE Cipher Mobile. It'll be like Hearthstone. Except Fire Emblem.

I have a bad feling about this. When I think mobile, I'm thinking "small game", "simple, on the go gameplay" and "casual audience".

...Will this just purely be a "waifu" petting simulator? The final nail in the coffin?

(Writing this just in case: No, I am not flame baiting. I just used to like this series too much and am concerned.)

I don't see what the big deal is. Sure mobile games are usually hit or miss, but there's no reason to really throw a tantrum until we actually know full well what it is. Most big franchises get mobile games at some point, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that this is happening. Especially with Nintendo's eyes on the mobile market as of late.

As bookofholsety brought up, the first thought that came to my mind, was something Fire Emblem Cipher related. If that turns out to be the case, then i'm all for it.

Edited by Jagen

I'm very surprised by all the negativity here.

The game is being developed by DeNA, who have a fantastic track record when it comes to their mobile games. There is a reason Nintendo chose them as partners when entering the mobile games market.

If you have a look at "Final Fantasy Record Keeper" you'll get a very good idea of what this FE game will be like. Record Keeper started slow but has built up a huge and passionate community, it's great for fans of the series and very nostalgic and fun. This could have a really positive impact as a whole since it's likely to be free-to-play and could bring in lots of new fans, while also educating them on the older games and characters we know and love.

EDIT: To those hoping it's cipher related, I wouldn't count on that too much.

Edited by Colino

I have a bad feling about this. When I think mobile, I'm thinking "small game", "simple, on the go gameplay" and "casual audience".

...Will this just purely be a "waifu" petting simulator? The final nail in the coffin?

(Writing this just in case: No, I am not flame baiting. I just used to like this series too much and am concerned.)

Implying that everything you listed is bad for FE. Which is still pretty insulting, and goes against the SF Prime Rule of "don't be a dick". Your biases are your own, but keep 'em to yourself, especially if they're that negative.

Anyone else that pulls anything like what I quoted will be warned. Anyone that argues this point will also be warned, because I don't have the patience for pedants or the time to explain why blanket labeling is bad in this case.

---

As long as the genre isn't pay-to-win, and any monetary purchases can be reasonably completed using in-game mechanics, I think I'll be fine with it.

Edited by eclipse

As long as the genre isn't pay-to-win, and any monetary purchases can be reasonably completed using in-game mechanics, I think I'll be fine with it.

Thank you for stepping in, as someone who's lurked SF for a very long time I was quite surprised at all these bad reactions.

In terms of microtransactions, again I would say look at Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

In that game, you can recruit characters from all games in the Final Fantasy series, making a party of 5 (so you could have Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, Terra and Rinoa all in one party, just for example). Microtransactions are in the form of mythril, which are given away for free in BIG quantities during events and holidays which happen frequently.

You can then use this mythril in a virtual gacha machine to get random gear for your characters, some of them being legendary weapons from the game series. Of course buying lots of mythril is an advantage, but gear takes a second seat to team composition and strategy, so the game is by no means pay-to-win.

Combat is a simplified version of the classic Final Fantasy turn based fights. It's entertaining and deep but also quick enough to play on the go, although the harder bosses can be seriously difficult and require some luck and lots of strategy.

DeNA have little to no reason to stray away from this formula, it's worked well for them and it's being adopted by pretty much every new Japanese mobile game that comes out.

Nintendo only announced their partnership with DeNA about a year ago. If you consider the tight schedule, it would make a lot of sense for them to make this Fire Emblem game in a very similar fashion. A lot of what I said above would work just fine if you replaced the words "Final Fantasy" with "Fire Emblem". In fact, the first time I played Record Keeper I immediately thought: "Man I wish they made a Fire Emblem version of this". I don't know if that has changed anyone's mind but I'm genuinely excited for this.

I think some people here have shown not only serious ignorance towards FE itself but also the mobile market as a whole. Not every mobile game out there is Angry Birds, there have been some absolutely top-notch fun games for mobile coming out of Japan and elsewhere over the past few years.

tl:dr Not every mobile game is garbage, the developers for this are really competent and this could be really great, especially for the older fans like myself

Edited by Colino

I'd play it if it goes in the right direction. I am a little worried, but hopefully it'll just be a simple turn based strategy without fanservice again.

And no microtransactions.

I recently beat Rhapthorne in the iOS port of DQVIII (hence the avatar), which was overall a faithful reproduction of the amazing PS2 game I remember (without waiting on the alchemy pot!). While the game doesn't need to be a Binding Blade remake or anything, if it captures the series without microtransactions, it should be fine.

So yeah

...Btw, are we calling this FE15 or.

I think as of right now it's too early to be worried or excited about this. Not until we get some footage of it and learn what the heck this actual is.

I'm open for the possibilities of what this could be, put that optimism is very carefully placed. Besides, after how well Miitomo came out, I have faith that whatever nintendo is doing with this, that it'll come out right. We'll see though.

Hehe, I was wondering if this might happen. As a popular Nintendo turn-based RPG, i figured Fire Emblem would be a prime candidate for a mobile version.

Hopefully Nintendo and DeNA don't disappoint and don't break my wallet with microtransactions.

While I don't mind Fire Emblem coming to mobile, my biggest issue with this is that it's very possible that it won't be avaiable in Brazil or in other countries beside USA and Japan.

It's a very likely possibility.