Fire Emblem Mobile Announced

Considering that DeNA and their subsidiaries came up with both Granblue Fantasy(which I'm loving atm) and FF-Record Keeper(which is supposed to be fantastic) I have literally zero problem with this. I'm actually kind of excited, really. One thing that mobile Gacha systems have going for them is that they support huge volumes of characters, which most platforms don't. It could be a chance to actually have /every/ FE character, or close to it, in something if they choose to do so, instead of cherry picking a few handfuls of absolute favourites and lords.

I'm in the same boat if you couldn't tell. I'm really excited because they will most definitely count on the nostalgia factor and give us characters from all across the series.

Actually I wonder if this is related to that magazine that reported FE15 was being worked on. Maybe they got news that there was a new FE game announcement coming up and assumed it was the next main entry.

This is not a main series game, they would have announced it as such.

Fates is selling well by all accounts so they have no reason to move away from the 3DS.

Edited by Colino

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably be a "baby's first Fire Emblem game" that will appeal to the casual crowd. I'm curious to see what this will look like.

Perhaps we will have an "avatar-like" customization for all units in an army followed by castle creation, etc. We can chose their classes, growth patterns, gender, color schemes, etc. I highly doubt that Nintendo will do what Square Enix has been doing with their mobile games (simply porting their classic titles to iOS/smartphone platforms). Nintendo probably wants to make something that has high replay value. That's why I also predict that this game will have a multiplayer aspect. We will probably invade other castles, level up our units, get more stuff to customize our bases, etc.

Edited by Leif

My feel is that this game will indeed be free to play and you'll get plenty of characters and weapons to beat the game without the need to put a single cent, but it would be a hell of a nightmare to beat using just the free stuff. Want to recruit the Seth/Titania-esque character? That's worth a dollar. Brave Weapons? Another dollar. Psychic Staff? Fifty cents.

I can also see a much heavier focus on My Castle, and you'll be able to buy legacy characters so they hang out with your army.

My feel is that this game will indeed be free to play and you'll get plenty of characters and weapons to beat the game without the need to put a single cent, but it would be a hell of a nightmare to beat using just the free stuff. Want to recruit the Seth/Titania-esque character? That's worth a dollar. Brave Weapons? Another dollar. Psychic Staff? Fifty cents.

I can also see a much heavier focus on My Castle, and you'll be able to buy legacy characters so they hang out with your army.

Yeah, I can definitely see that coming to this, or perhaps the legacy characters will appear as costumes?

If it is an actual game styled like standard FE, then I'd imagine a game with simple mechanics and small, simple maps, with the units comprised of legacy characters, maybe a player avatar. Would probably get updated with new maps and characters.

Getting off of speculation for a sec, something I would personally like from a game like what I described above would be a level creator.

maybe with this game this is how we can obtain einherjar/cipher DLC codes since Fates has only gotten 3 so far

since the feature is unused in the English version

Edited by Captain Karnage

You have to pay $5 to recruit the thief. $1 every time you want him/her to open a chest.

But in seriousness... I hope it's not that bad, in that characters or maps are locked unless you pay. I would be OK with rare weapons being purchasable, like maybe you normally just get one Brave Lance but you can buy more for $1 each. I could see there being more accessories that you need to buy. They could also just do what they've been doing and make you pay for the ability to grind money and EXP. But basically I want the game to be playable from start to finish without needing to spend money, if it's not going to be a full FE campaign.

maybe with this game this is how we can obtain einherjar/cipher DLC codes since Fates has only gotten 3 so far

since the feature is unused in the English version

That would actually be nice. However, unless additional Unit Logbook space can be added to Fire Emblem Fates as like free DLC or something, it's not really looking to go far (I'm sure some players would have the Unit Logbook be set up to be like a skill bank for their story units which would mean that 69 spaces out of 99 would be occupied to hold them, if counting 1 gender of Corrin and 1 gender of Kana; 71 if counting both genders, in addition to the 13 captured bosses and 4 amiibo characters).

Edited by Roflolxp54

This will assuredly have some kind of connectivity with the next main Fire Emblem game. Nintendo's objective is to get mobile players onto their dedicated systems, so there has to be some kind of bridge.

This is probably be a "baby's first Fire Emblem game" that will appeal to the casual crowd. I'm curious to see what this will look like.

Perhaps, but they pretty much achieved that with Awakening.

Maybe it could be a DLC related app for Fates that ties in with the game itself from your mobile device

I'm not bothered as long as this is some kind of side project thing. Wouldn't be happy if fire emblem in the future completely moves to mobile because my phone's slow-as-fuck but I'm too cheap to buy a new one, but if that isn't the case I'm not bothered (and it's very unlikely to be considering nintendo likes their systems). If it's good I'll play it. If not, well, w/e

Edited by Thor Odinson

Miitomo has been good about not sticking microtransactions in your face, so I'm not too worried about these ones. Honestly if Fire Emblem Mobile is going to be a full fledged game they'll probably just charge a set price for it rather than making it free (unless they announced somewhere that all of their games were going to be free).

Also re: Fire Emblem moving purely to mobile: I doubt that. Fates sold an obnoxious (in a good way) amount of copies both in Japan and overseas, so it would be a horrible business decision to drop console development entirely in order to pursue a new market that might not even be super successful. Nintendo doesn't seem willing to become a mobile game company, anyway, so as long as they keep making handhelds I'm pretty sure Fire Emblem is going to be sticking around on them.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited! It would be nice to have a truly mobile and easy Fire Emblem to play smaller, simpler maps when on the bus or when I have downtime, etc.

I have an idea as to what it might be

Fates Spoilers

maybe it will have to do with Servea, Owain, and Inigo using the crystal they were given to go home but end up in another world like Elibe, Magvel, Judgdrall, or Tellus and follows them on side stories while the main events are happening in their respective game

(me mini-modding) also, DO NOT START A FLAME WAR

Ill be honest, I would love a series of DLC, a manga, anime, or even game based on the idea of Severa, Owain, and Inigo hopping between realities almost like the old Exiles comic. It would be fun to see some alternate universe stuff for existing continents, and some other new continents through it. Though I am a sucker for anything alternate reality related.

I'm quite excited! I've seen my share of good mobile games. Though many of my friends were so downright shocked that they freak out as soon as you talk about it. And really, that's just immediately jumping to conclusions.

Most of their issues were with making ingame payments if it is 'free-to-play' but then again, don't you spend like 50 bucks anyway on a original FE game? If it's good I really wouldn't mind making some ingame purchases, but maybe that's just me. As long as it doesn't exceed the 50 bucks I'm fine with the idea.

I personally hope it will feature a whole new cast. Though I understand completely if they use popular characters from past games to attract the attention, but hey, one can hope, no?

Only downside for me is that I probably need a new phone in order to play it... :P

If there's microtransanctions, Anna's probably to blame for that.

Jokes aside, maybe it will be something like Phantom of the Kill, which is the only mobile SPRG I can think of, besides Terra Battle.

If there's microtransanctions, Anna's probably to blame for that.

Jokes aside, maybe it will be something like Phantom of the Kill, which is the only mobile SPRG I can think of, besides Terra Battle.

I actually found 2 SRPGs on the Android and IOS stores where the description blatantly states it was inspired by FE and TRS. They are called Partia, and while I haven't gotten far in either, they both feel like your standard Kaga era FE shit.

I specify Kaga era because Dismount exists

I actually found 2 SRPGs on the Android and IOS stores where the description blatantly states it was inspired by FE and TRS. They are called Partia, and while I haven't gotten far in either, they both feel like your standard Kaga era FE shit.

I specify Kaga era because Dismount exists

Don't know what TRS is, but I'll check those out.

Also http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/28/expect-fire-emblem-animal-crossings-upcoming-apps/

More details, but most of it is just typical PR spiel.

Don't know what TRS is, but I'll check those out.

Also http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/28/expect-fire-emblem-animal-crossings-upcoming-apps/

More details, but most of it is just typical PR spiel.

Tear Ring Saga, a game that is pretty much Fire Emblem made by Kaga after he left Intelligent Systems.

Yes, TRS is basically FE. In fact, it legitimately amazes me Kaga made that and thought he WOULDN'T get sued for it.

Yes, TRS is basically FE. In fact, it legitimately amazes me Kaga made that and thought he WOULDN'T get sued for it.

Heck, TRS was originally going to be called Emblem Saga, before litigation forced him to change the name, especially with how similar it is to Fire Emblem, not to mention that the game was being made for Playstation, a direct competitor.

Heck, TRS was originally going to be called Emblem Saga, before litigation forced him to change the name, especially with how similar it is to Fire Emblem, not to mention that the game was being made for Playstation, a direct competitor.

If I recall, NoJ has the word "Emblem" trademarked (the English word not the Japanese equivelant)

you know, I think FE mobile will play like the GBA games and have the my castle feature from Fates

you know, I think FE mobile will play like the GBA games and have the my castle feature from Fates

Could be something like a "return to roots" thing that happened with Binding Blade, only that the mobile app is going to be more beginner-friendly and simple. I can see My Castle happening since Animal Crossing's also coming to mobile devices.

Something like Final Fantasy Record Keeper as a strategy rpg where you get to use tons of units from a wide variety of fire emblem games using, like, gba or snes era graphics, that would be pretty fun and worth some money.

Gameplay would probably be massively cut back to the GBA era, maybe with like one skill per class or per character, and as a small nostalgia throwback game? That would be lots of fun.