• A independent full release game
    • A remake of an existing game
    • A port of an existing game
    • An app that interacts with a full release game
    • A resource app
    • A mini-game (think Fallout shelter)
    • A multiplayer combat game
    • Other

It's poll time, Everybody loves polls. I'm curious, ignoring any hints or clues as to what the new mobile app could be or what you think it actually will be, what do you want from a FE related mobile app?

Edited by NoDakSmack

The only two mobile games I've played are a remake of a game I already finished on the original console, and a cat collector thing that literally just exists to be cute, so my answer is...

...Remake either FE2, FE4 or FE6, "remake" being a loose term since the only changes would be graphics and some re-balance, no avatar shoehorns.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

A remake would most likely be reserved for Nintendo systems.

It will probably a greatest hits version of Fire Emblem that's more of a service game like all of the top grossing games in the Japanese market right now.

I voted port, but I'd be all for all of the first 3 options.

Just give me various Trial Maps with a shitton of Legacy Characters to pick from as units, and I'll be happy

This, or maybe something like an online Cipher game? I doubt it will happen though

I hope it's a mini Fire Emblem game. Like fates you can visit others, but what I'd like would be a competition of sorts. Maybe like how LLISF have medley Festivals, here it can be about conquering the most castles in a certain timeframe. LLISF has rewards based on ranking so that'd be nice. Like a top 100 finish gets you a special character with a unique design and skill that doesn't normally come from the class they are, for example Sol on a Wyvern Rider.

If not this I would hope it's a remake.

I think it would be better to list what I don't want:

- Pay-to-win

- Stupid conversion rates on currency ("you get five coins for logging in, you need 3,000 for a basic character, 1,000 coins cost $5")

- Head-to-head multiplayer only

Co-op map completions? Sure. Single-player campaign? Why not. Full-fledged game or some companion to a spin-off? Don't care, I'll probably have fun with it anyway. I trust Nintendo enough that they'll make something that's worth my time/money, as long as it isn't anything I listed above.

I'm not really one much for speculation, and I think I'd be open to a lot of different apps, but I think the biggest factor for me is how microtransactions are handled. I would prefer if they either charge a base price up front to unlock everything or make the game reasonably playable without paying anything. I'd also personally prefer something that's not solely competitive just because I don't really care for that kind of play.

I wrote this in another thread but I've decided that this is what I want out of the FE mobile app

Fates Spoilers

Servea, Owain, and Inigo use the crystal they were given to go home but end up in another world like Elibe, Magvel, Judgdrall, or Tellus and follows them on side stories while the main events are happening in their respective game

Maybe it will be a FE character dating game app. Not that I would want that, but it would definitely expand FE's reach to a whole new audience. That would take "more accessible" to a whole new level.

I joked about this in the announcement thread, and I have friends that would love that, but really for me this is probably the worst case scenario where I couldn't keep interest in whatever it is.

If it isn't a port, it's probably going to be something along the lines of all those "Franchise Name" Card Battle games like Marvel Future Fight or Final Fantasy Record Keeper where they bring all the characters across the multiverses together for a freemium epic showdown. Gods help us all if it's a My Castle game made in the form of Simpson's Tapped Out or Family Guy Quest or Disney Magic Kingdoms or Marvel Avengers' Academy.

The only way I'd say a game would be good would be if all characters were farmable and obtainable and paying money is only for speeding things up.

I certainly wouldn't mind the mobile app offering something like downloadable bonuses for Fire Emblem Fates and perhaps, TMS#FE like more Unit Logbook space, more characters, something.

I think it would be better to list what I don't want:

- Pay-to-win
- Stupid conversion rates on currency ("you get five coins for logging in, you need 3,000 for a basic character, 1,000 coins cost $5")
- Head-to-head multiplayer only

Co-op map completions? Sure. Single-player campaign? Why not. Full-fledged game or some companion to a spin-off? Don't care, I'll probably have fun with it anyway. I trust Nintendo enough that they'll make something that's worth my time/money, as long as it isn't anything I listed above.

God forbid that the mobile app be one of those stamina-based F2P mobile/browser games.

I think it's best to start with basic mechanics.

A few class for each style:

• Jack-of-all-stats: Lord, Mercenary, Cavalier
  • Mighty Glacier/Stone Wall: Knight
  • Fragile Speedster: Myrmidon
  • Physical Glass Cannon: Fighter, Archer
  • Squishy Wizard: Priest, Mage etc.

The mobile game will start similar to most FE games: BANDITS, BANDITS EVERYWHERE

A simplified weapon Rank System (C-A is a good place to start)

• 4 weeks later...

If it isn't a port, it's probably going to be something along the lines of all those "Franchise Name" Card Battle games like Marvel Future Fight or Final Fantasy Record Keeper where they bring all the characters across the multiverses together for a freemium epic showdown.

We already have a card game for Fire Emblem :^)

• 2 weeks later...

A series of stand alone chapters (probably individually downloaded but rather cheap) that cover events of the series' lore and backstory that wouldn't fit into a full game. Like the Miracle of Darna (et all legendary armies) or whatever Micahlis was up to during FE3.

So basically Archania Saga but with the whole series as a playground.

Edited by Jotari

• 3 weeks later...

Hm, I voted other, because I'm not too fond of 'mobile games'. I loved lifeline (played only the one version) and I've played a few small puzzle games and whatnot, but 'real gaming', for me, happens on a dedicated console. I do prefer my 3ds and not the wii, love the mobility, but on my phone.. meh. So I think I'd prefer it if it was something completely different. And please, no microtransactions for everything :/

I hope it won't start the end of the 3ds (or whatever comes after a 3ds).