President Kimishima on Fire Emblem Mobile

Hardin

@Hardin I want to see how the DS games sold on their own, I'm pretty sure the Telius games sold better than that duology

I thought it was the opposite, last I heard the Tellius games were the weakest selling games in the franchise.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was the opposite, last I heard the Tellius games were the weakest selling games in the franchise.

Depending on what sources you may trust, that is indeed the case, that the Tellius games are the least sold.

Why is the last page in this thread "im salty that people like things i dont like"? Honestly. ahem. I hope the app has some unique characters along with the cast herd of the series.

I wonder when this FE app is gonna drop across the pond. I hope it isnt as slow and cumbersome as Miitomo. My goodness, i had to delete it because it ate too much space.

I mean, F2P is the predominant mobile business strat, it's not at all surprising that these are F2P. People need to stop getting their knickers in a twist, there are F2P games out there that aren't massively Pay to Win or that need you to be a whale to play, and DeNA has a lot of experience in the market. How about we calm down until such a time where we're given an actual reason to freak out, hmm?

I mean, F2P is the predominant mobile business strat, it's not at all surprising that these are F2P. People need to stop getting their knickers in a twist, there are F2P games out there that aren't massively Pay to Win or that need you to be a whale to play, and DeNA has a lot of experience in the market. How about we calm down until such a time where we're given an actual reason to freak out, hmm?

I'm also pretty sure they announced these titles were going to be F2P back when they made the original announcement of "We're making five mobile titles that we will announce in the coming months."

It also needs to be noted that priced (aka premium) mobile titles rarely do well. Stuff like Smurfs Village make much more money as an F2P title with microtransactions rather than making all the content accessible after paying, say 5 bucks to purchase the game.

@Hardin I want to see how the DS games sold on their own, I'm pretty sure the Telius games sold better than that duology

Shadow Dragon - 252,000

Heroes of Light & Shadow - 250,000

Shadow Dragon sold 144,905 in its debut week which is almost as much as PoR sold to date (a little over 153,000).

As for the Mobile news, it makes sense that the game is F2S since people are more likely to pay money once they've invested some time into it.

Who are these fans that never purchased the games? Are they ghosts, or are they just invisible men?

Haha, cute. Meanwhile, you're forgetting people who emulated them, people who became interested in them via Ike's appearance in Smash and all, etc. Despite these games' low sales, they appear to be much loved in the fanbase.

And microtransactions, really? Didn't that make products from Capcom and Microsoft turn out to be failures? I'm passing on this for now.

Tbh I'm fine with microtransactions if they aren't necessary for a play experience and instead just help you out of a pickle or something.

If they are needed to play... waste of space imo, better filled with DQ games.

This game will probably have some of the following implemented.

1. Stamina of some nature. Fatigue finally returns to Fire Emblem.

2. Gacha of some nature, it might be weapons, it might be units, it might be alternate costumes/classes. I'm guessing the Cipher only characters will be the main characters for this while a lot of the cast will be available either as gacha or ...

3. Events - There were be constantly updating with Events to drive fans of certain games to participate in.the game.

They will give out enough free stuff, but they'll entice the whales as mobile gaming is pretty much whale hunting.

Haha, cute. Meanwhile, you're forgetting people who emulated them, people who became interested in them via Ike's appearance in Smash and all, etc. Despite these games' low sales, they appear to be much loved in the fanbase.

Yes, how did I forget the fans who made no investment into the games and are the very people NCL listens to the most?

Yes, how did I forget the fans who made no investment into the games and are the very people NCL listens to the most?

How could they make any investment when the games are literally impossible to find these days without having to pay a crapton of money?

And Nintendo doesn't need to know how they played the games. They just need to know that they did and that they were enjoyed.

Edited by Anacybele

How could they make any investment when the games are literally impossible to find these days without having to pay a crapton of money?

And Nintendo doesn't need to know how they played the games. They just need to know that they did and that they were enjoyed.

You say that like Nintendo, or any company for that matter, listens to anything other than sales figures

You have to be trolling me, no way do you honestly believe that.

You have to be trolling me, no way do you honestly believe that.

Believe what, exactly? You're confusing me.

You say that like Nintendo, or any company for that matter, listens to anything other than sales figures

They SHOULD be listening to more than just sales figures. Just because someone bought their game doesn't mean they liked it. I've bought several games from them that I ended up not liking. They should look at sales first to see how many people they got interested in the game, but in the END, I would think that people's opinions of the games they bought would be a little more important. If the majority of those who bought the game didn't like it, why make a similar one even though it sold well? Few people liked the first game!

Hi, i dont know all this weird terminology, what is a whale when applied to mobile gaming?

Also free to play is to be expected. Did...you lot honestly think it wasnt gonna be like that? You probably can pay to get shortcuts to more loot that unlock characters and junk. Or the coolest stuff can get unlocked hella early if you shell out the coin for it.

A whale is a player that shells out a buuuunch of cash in microtransactions. Basically the players that go in super hard on the game, collect all of the limited event stuff, have full libraries of characters, all that stuff. Whales existing is the reason why the majority of players are able to play for free or for cheap

They SHOULD be listening to more than just sales figures. Just because someone bought their game doesn't mean they liked it. I've bought several games from them that I ended up not liking. They should look at sales first to see how many people they got interested in the game, but in the END, I would think that people's opinions of the games they bought would be a little more important. If the majority of those who bought the game didn't like it, why make a similar one even though it sold well? Few people liked the first game!

Sales numbers mean everything to a company that is trying to sell a product, if something doesn't sell well they will likely either, change the forumla, listen to complaints if they want to try again and thats a huge if.

But Sales numbers literally mean if franchises get more games, especially with Nintendo. The 2nd party people get a little more leeway because they have their own stuff, but when it comes to the first party stuff, lets just say, thats why F-Zero is dormant, although even in the 2nd party department, Golden Sun having stopped dead despite there being room for a 4th game (although the lackluster response in general to the 3rd wasn't too good either). Star Fox Zero? It's gotten ok reviews and people aren't being as harsh on the controls after they realized it wasn't as bad as extreme people said, but its so far had the weakest opening for a Star Fox game in terms of sales, which is after they listened to what people wanted, which was another game that was like N64, but that ended up being a big complaint for alot of people ironically. (Despite the fact that there are new areas and the old areas are also used in completely different ways). It likely means we won't see another Star Fox game in quite some time, because of how Ninty works. Although they should have realized everything Platinum works on no matter the quality is going to undersell.

Companies don't usually have the time to look at every single little opinion on their games. Nintendo tries harder than most other companies but even then its not a very frequent thing (The Zelda re-releases are a good example of them listening to players such as speeding certain processes up and making things more mechanically make sense)

Edited by Jedi

A whale is a player that shells out a buuuunch of cash in microtransactions. Basically the players that go in super hard on the game, collect all of the limited event stuff, have full libraries of characters, all that stuff. Whales existing is the reason why the majority of players are able to play for free or for cheap

I see, thanks. I dont play many mobile games. The only one i really play (other than Neko Atsume) is Avengers Academy.

Believe what, exactly? You're confusing me.

I was going to answer to this but...

Sales numbers mean everything to a company that is trying to sell a product, if something doesn't sell well they will likely either, change the forumla, listen to complaints if they want to try again and thats a huge if.

But Sales numbers literally mean if franchises get more games, especially with Nintendo. The 2nd party people get a little more leeway because they have their own stuff, but when it comes to the first party stuff, lets just say, thats why F-Zero is dormant, although even in the 2nd party department, Golden Sun having stopped dead despite there being room for a 4th game (although the lackluster response in general to the 3rd wasn't too good either). Star Fox Zero? It's gotten ok reviews and people aren't being as harsh on the controls after they realized it wasn't as bad as extreme people said, but its so far had the weakest opening for a Star Fox game in terms of sales, which is after they listened to what people wanted, which was another game that was like N64, but that ended up being a big complaint for alot of people ironically. (Despite the fact that there are new areas and the old areas are also used in completely different ways). It likely means we won't see another Star Fox game in quite some time, because of how Ninty works. Although they should have realized everything Platinum works on no matter the quality is going to undersell.

Companies don't usually have the time to look at every single little opinion on their games. Nintendo tries harder than most other companies but even then its not a very frequent thing (The Zelda re-releases are a good example of them listening to players such as speeding certain processes up and making things more mechanically make sense)

Jedi beat me to it.

Can I just say that the this will prolly be the first non emulator app that I actually constantly use.

Edited by MCProductions

Apart from the GBA games, the Tellius games are the easiest to find and they're also the hardest to emulate. Their sales figures would relatively accurately reflect how many people have played the games.

Though which continent they should reference the most depends on what demographic they're aiming for.

I don't play mobile games, but Pokémon Shuffle is FTP right? I feel that game has for the most part done it very fairly. It was only recently that I felt they started pushing events too fast and too many at once, to entice people into buying extra in-game items, but for the first year it felt completely playable without spending real money. I still haven't paid for anything and haven't missed anything important playing it weekly. Hopefully FE mobile follows that and won't make you pay for things other than optional weapons and accessories for example.