Newcomer's Guide to Fire Emblem Cipher

Kirie

After a few weeks of work and thinking, I've finally finished putting together the Newcomers Guide to FE Cipher. After discussing it with Vincent, we decided the best home for the final guide was the SF Cipher Wiki, and we worked together with TheVinceKnight to get it up there shiny and sparkly in its new home. I even dusted off my own Wiki account to make a few layout changes for the transition from WP to Wiki, and I'll be maintaining it as time goes by.

The main purpose of the write-up is specifically for Cipher newbies. It seems like there are a still a lot of people coming along as asking the same questions about card rarity, how to play, where to buy cards, etc., so this guide is meant as a catch-all resource to answer questions as a gateway to a more fulfilling Cipher experience.

If you guys have any suggestions for additions/changes feel free to suggest them here! I do hope to continue updating this guide as new information arises, so please do give input if you have any.

Edited by Kirie

Looks good from what I can tell. I'll just point out it might be better to change "Since its release last summer" to "Since its release of summer 2015" or something in case a new player joins starting next year or further down the line, to avoid possible dated information.

Now where is that international release Nintendo! It's a gold mine waiting to be used!

Thanks for the catch! I did try to avoid time-related references like that specifically for this being a guide that I hope will be used in the long-term, but some of them must have slipped through the cracks. That part's been fixed up.

• 3 weeks later...

Knowing that's there's a bunch'a translations out there might not make this game so inaccessible after all. Though I have to ask, about that LackeyCCG linked there, are we sure it's still operational? I tried the link and it said the domain name expired. It could be just me but just so you know.

Now where is that international release Nintendo! It's a gold mine waiting to be used!

That's for darn sure.

Knowing that's there's a bunch'a translations out there might not make this game so inaccessible after all. Though I have to ask, about that LackeyCCG linked there, are we sure it's still operational? I tried the link and it said the domain name expired. It could be just me but just so you know.

It appears that the LackeyCCG is indeed down at the moment. Hopefully someone that is more active on there can come and shed some more light on the situation.

• 1 year later...

So I'm fairly sure this is considered Necroposting, but the question needs to be asked: Is the Newcomer's Guide going to be updated? I just checked it trying to figure out if it's a good link to send someone who wants to learn how to play, and it looks like it's at least four sets out of date, with such things as "Colours for Valencia and Magvel have not yet been revealed, but will likely be seen in upcoming sets as the game progresses." and "Each Booster Series is accompanied by at least 1 Structured (or ST) Deck." both of which are of course no longer true.

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

So I'm fairly sure this is considered Necroposting, but the question needs to be asked: Is the Newcomer's Guide going to be updated? I just checked it trying to figure out if it's a good link to send someone who wants to learn how to play, and it looks like it's at least four sets out of date, with such things as "Colours for Valencia and Magvel have not yet been revealed, but will likely be seen in upcoming sets as the game progresses." and "Each Booster Series is accompanied by at least 1 Structured (or ST) Deck." both of which are of course no longer true.

Yeah, updating it is in the cards and something I've been planning on for a while. Concrete work will start going into it as soon as I'm done with my S11 overview article for SF. For now, a lot of the general information is still correct, though specific stuff, especially regarding newer sets, is obviously out of date.

9 hours ago, Kirie said:

Yeah, updating it is in the cards and something I've been planning on for a while. Concrete work will start going into it as soon as I'm done with my S11 overview article for SF. For now, a lot of the general information is still correct, though specific stuff, especially regarding newer sets, is obviously out of date.

Ok, cool. Let me know if you want any help with that, I guess, though I'm not sure what I could do.