Katie's FE8 Creature Campaign Reverse Recruitment (Version 4.0 now out))

Katie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to get Ephraim in new patch?

Which chapter are you on? He should be accessible to non-fliers, and if you're on Cormag's route, Dozla or Natasha must speak with him, whereas Lyon has to do it on Lyon's route. In both cases, I put him closer to the starting area for easier recruitment. Or did I somehow fuck up and put him somewhere outside the map?

Edited by Matthewtheman

Which chapter are you on? He should be accessible to non-fliers, and if you're on Cormag's route, Dozla or Natasha must speak with him, whereas Lyon has to do it on Lyon's route. In both cases, I put him closer to the starting area for easier recruitment. Or did I somehow fuck up and put him somewhere outside the map?

In 2.9.5 he still on the mountain

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot4yqe7jir2rv9t/FE8%20CC%20RR%20v3.ups?dl=0

Here's a new patch I made. I upped Lyon's defense, luck, and HP a little because I found if he got hit by both of the generics in the prologue he wouldn't survive. I discovered Ephraim still spawned outside of the range of non-fliers in chapter 10, so I messed around with his starting coordinates until I got him to be at a reachable location. He should spawn at Lyon's starting position in chapter 13, but I'll need to test it later to be safe. I also realized I forgot to reduce the Ocean Seal to 2 uses, so I went ahead and did that, and I also changed the starting inventories and weapon ranks of some of the early units.

As for why Brigands are not Ocean Seal users, it is because of Gonzales. And while Geese contradicts that point, we don't have any playable Brigands beyond Gonzales, while Dart and Ross exist to use the Seal. Hero Crest made more sense to me. However, I may switch to Ocean Seal to prevent making Rennac the only user of a 2 use item.

One other problem with the palettes, is that even though I inserted Sniper Hayden, it used a generic palette when I promoted him. Ranger worked, though... I'll edit the background color to fix it. And add more grey to him.

As for why Brigands are not Ocean Seal users, it is because of Gonzales. And while Geese contradicts that point, we don't have any playable Brigands beyond Gonzales, while Dart and Ross exist to use the Seal. Hero Crest made more sense to me. However, I may switch to Ocean Seal to prevent making Rennac the only user of a 2 use item.

One other problem with the palettes, is that even though I inserted Sniper Hayden, it used a generic palette when I promoted him. Ranger worked, though... I'll edit the background color to fix it. And add more grey to him.

I think I'll end up just changing all the promotion items to Master Seals, like the DS remakes did, and lowering all promo items back down to 1 use. You'd still be able to buy them all in the secret shops, but any ones obtained during the story would be changed to Master Seals, that way there's less competition for promo items and you'll get the same amount you would in regular SS.

Do know that before sending me a new patch, wait for me to release the next one, and then edit it, because I have a patch I'm working on, where I've edited Glen, Valter, and Cormag to be able to triangle attack(the Peg sisters still can, too, don't worry), because I want the triangle attack to be accessible in the main story, and there's leftover room from FE6's knight TA to include a second triangle attack trio. I'll release it once I've made sure it works, and once I've made sure Ephraim is in a reachable location in chapter 13A. It should come later today.

Edited by Matthewtheman

All right, I just released a new patch. Glen, Cormag, and Valter can now triangle attack, Myrrh once again recruits Ephraim(I'll have to figure out how to properly edit the coordinates of reinforcements in FE8 before I can move his position), and most promotion items have been changed to Master Seals. I meant to reduce promotion items to 1 use, but I forgot, so enjoy it while it lasts. The only promotion items that haven't been changed are ones obtained from villages or as end of chapter rewards, as there don't seem to be any modules that let me edit those.

I've edited the google doc to reflect what the characters' current bases are: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m2fj_tF9YE-WERBbEo_x4nYVxURQHjqQHIjktSo8qF4/edit#gid=0

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but didn't get around to it until now.

Edited by Matthewtheman

Quick Question; why is Orson skipped when it comes to the reversal? Not asking for any other changes, but I find this odd.

Mainly because there are two different playable Orsons. There's chapter 5x Orson, and Creature Campaign Orson. Their growths are the same, but their averages aren't, and they have separate character slots. I was hesitant to make anyone swap with 5x Orson because he's only temporarily playable, and I decided I'd just make Orson swap with himself. So he isn't technically skipped, it's just that the two playable Orsons swap with each other. And while I could have counted the two Orsons as one, that would have brought about two problems, the first being that the number of playable characters would be an odd number so someone would have had to be left out of recruitment reversal, which I didn't want, and the other being the problem of which version of Orson to use, as the two have the same growths but their bases don't exactly match each other's averages.

Mainly because there are two different playable Orsons. There's chapter 5x Orson, and Creature Campaign Orson. Their growths are the same, but their averages aren't, and they have separate character slots. I was hesitant to make anyone swap with 5x Orson because he's only temporarily playable, and I decided I'd just make Orson swap with himself. So he isn't technically skipped, it's just that the two playable Orsons swap with each other. And while I could have counted the two Orsons as one, that would have brought about two problems, the first being that the number of playable characters would be an odd number so someone would have had to be left out of recruitment reversal, which I didn't want, and the other being the problem of which version of Orson to use, as the two have the same growths but their bases don't exactly match each other's averages.

That begs the question: Who was the traitor?

• 1 month later...

Hey! I have a question and a few criticisms!

I have started doing a play-through of this game.

Things that I feel the need to address

1. Lowering the weight of the tomes makes them a bit absurd, especially siege tomes. I don't feel like I should be able to easily double enemies with a 3-10 range tome.

2. Lyon comes with an unbreakable rapier? I know he can't use it, but why does he have a weapon that can't break.

3. I don't think Valter should come with Fili Shield or Caellach with a Noplon Guard.

4. Can something be done about Lyon's sprite? I can deal with the fact that is a female sprite, but color pallet for him is just bad. Most of the other character sprites look good

And now here is my main question. Can Lyon promote using a guiding ring? Or does he need to use the Eirika bracelet? Also, are Eirika and Ephraim promoted by the time I get them?

• 2 months later...

So I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but L'Arachel's name glitches both on her mini portrait and her full portrait plus skill and speed names are glitchy also. Just wanted to point this out.

http://imgur.com/a/8laSm Full Portrait + Skill and speed names glitched

http://imgur.com/a/6qXl3 Mini Portrait.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Lowering the weight of the tomes makes them a bit absurd, especially siege tomes. I don't feel like I should be able to easily double enemies with a 3-10 range tome.

2. Lyon comes with an unbreakable rapier? I know he can't use it, but why does he have a weapon that can't break.

3. I don't think Valter should come with Fili Shield or Caellach with a Noplon Guard.

4. Can something be done about Lyon's sprite? I can deal with the fact that is a female sprite, but color pallet for him is just bad. Most of the other character sprites look good

And now here is my main question. Can Lyon promote using a guiding ring? Or does he need to use the Eirika bracelet? Also, are Eirika and Ephraim promoted by the time I get them?

DO NOT PROMOTE LYON WITH ERIKA'S BRACELET. He gets Eirika's Great Lord sprite, which causes to him have no animations at all. Promote him via Guiding Ring or Master Seal.

On 8/13/2016 at 0:15 PM, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

1&3. IEDIT: Oh, and I'm well aware of the issue with L'Arachel's name, but am unsure how to fix it. just released a new patch that addresses both of these concerns, in addition to reducing the durability of Master Seals to 1. Siege tomes have been restored to their original weight, while Caellach no longer comes with a Hoplon Guard. Valter still comes with a Fili Shield though, both because it makes no sense for Franz to carry one and because I find it useful for raising Myrrh pre-Dragonstone.

2. Unique weapons with only a limited number of copies available in the game have infinite uses, so as to avoid invoking Too Awesome to Use. In the Rapier's case, only up to 3 copies are available, one from the prologue, one from chapter 9(Lyon's route), and one when Eirika joins in CC. They can be wielded by Ismaire, Joshua, Marisa, and Eirika.

4. I'm no good at editing palettes, so someone else would have to do it for me.

As BlueTetri said, you should promote him with a Guiding Ring or Master Seal. Eirika comes pre-promoted, Ephraim doesn't.

EDIT: I'm well aware of the issue with L'Arachel's name btw, but don't know how to fix it.

Edited by Matthewtheman

All right, I just made an alternative patch that reverses recruitment according to the order recruited in Ephraim mode as opposed to Eirika mode.  More details in the "Ephraim RR" tab of this google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m2fj_tF9YE-WERBbEo_x4nYVxURQHjqQHIjktSo8qF4/edit#gid=1766060293

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I like this piece of work, Lyon is the protagonist? if so, I love this piece of work. Sorry for being too lazy not to read everything but are there any story changes? I don't want to see Lyon treated as Eirika.

• 10 months later...
20 hours ago, Spectraman said:

what is the difference between ephraim version and version 3.2, is the ephraim one the newest or are there differences between it and 3.2?

I'm guessing the difference is in the order of recruitment of certain characters. Specifically 3.2 considers that Eirika route is default in terms of who replaces who (for earliest example, Lute is replaced with Knoll), while Ephraim patch assumes that Ephraim route is default (for earliest example, Lute is replaced with Saleh). Anyone who is recruited before Repalced!Lute, as well as after and including Replaced!Myrrh are not affected.