Create a (Personal) Skill!

Xenomata

Hmmmm How about these for personal skill for MU and some random thoughts.

Reprieve - (Kind of like Micaiah's Sacrifice) Select the "Reprieve" command to heal self and adjacent allies up to 15% of Max HP and uses MU's turn.

Dragon Prince - When this unit attacks with Dragonstone, this unit has 35% chance of performing follow-up attacks. (I want to come up with more ideas for this, but I know that 2 range was already taken. Well done, I might add.)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few skills that stray from "useful" and more toward "lol das cool"

Personal Flotation Device: Unit can move across water effortlessly, even when mounted.

How is this not useful? I'd love the ability to cross water unimpeded, it's half the reason I loved Dart in FE7.

Artisan: If unit has four allied units directly next to them (basically, if this unit is in the middle of a cross formation), grants +2 damage and -2 damage taken to all units in the formation.

This too, I'd totally put my units in little + signs to get buffs. Especially if they stack with other buffing skills.

Air Strike: When using a turret, gain ability to double attack if targets have less than 5 speed of unit.

Okay, this is more "lol das cool", but only because ballistae/launchers/fire orbs can't kill.

And here is one that people might like a little more.

Acupressure: When using a Shuriken/Knife, use as a command to select a target within 2 spaces and apply equipped weapons debuffs without initiating proper combat. Has 100% accuracy, but does 0 damage and cannot trigger offensive skills, dual strikes, or increase shield gauge when in dual guard. Secondary effects of weapons (heal 20% hp, cuts Str in half, lowers Str/Skl by 2, etc) will not apply. Enemy cannot counter-attack if directly next to unit. Can activate Seal skills if appliable.

This... Actually, this is pretty nice. Maybe a bit too good, since you can activate Seal skills with it, but that'd be my only problem with it, I love it otherwise.

Double Tap - If unit procs a skill, the skill also crits.

Does this only apply to skills like Luna/Astra/Aether/Sol/Ignis/Dragon Fang, or does it work on Counter/Magicounter too?

Because I'd love to see Counter returning 1.5x the damage you took as damage, that'd be so annoying. I love it.

Also, I'm assuming this doesn't make Miracle/Pavise/Aegis/Dragon Ward crit, because how would that even happen?

And now, since I'm back again (DeoxyRibose, I was kinda joking before, but you were right, this is kinda addicting), thought I'd try making some skills...

Summon: Use the Summon command to create a Faceless with a level equal to that of the summoner (promoted units add +20, but cannot go over 99), with stats appropriate to its level. (Enemy-only. Mostly here because I expected a gimmick chapter with Sorcerors who did nothing but summon Faceless and Stoneborn to impede your progress at some point in any of the routes... If it happened, I've since forgotten...)

Sadistic Pleasure: When this unit initiates combat and damages, but does not defeat, an enemy, this unit gains STR/SKL/SPD/LCK +3 for one turn. (An alternate take on Niles's personal skill, if it weren't a Capture command. I think it could work (I remember reading somewhere that Niles is a sadist, though that could've been incorrect), though the gains may not be enough reward for entering a combat that doesn't kill an enemy)

Tome Savant: Tomes have their range extended to 10 spaces. When used at 3-10 range, tomes cannot perform counterattacks or follow-up attacks, but gain Hit +50. (I miss siege tomes)

Perseverance: When this unit initiates combat, all status debuffs are temporarily nullified. (So stuff like stat debuffs, a Freeze staff's and Heartseeker's Avoid -20, etc. wouldn't be subtracted from this unit's combat stats, but only when they initiate; the unit goes back to being debuffed when the combat ends. Probably not that great, but eh, I thought it could maybe be alright)

Great Shield: This unit is not debuffed by attacks that do not deal damage. (Enemy-only, slapped onto whoever would be most annoying with it)

Deadeye: Prevents attacking adjacent foes, but increases range of Bows/Yumis, Daggers/Shuriken and Tomes/Scrolls by 1. (So, most of the aforementioned weapons would become 2-3-range, while a Spy's Yumi/Shuriken would become 3-4-range weapons. Kind of an un-Point-Blank)

Seal Movement: After any combat with this unit, the enemy's movement range is halved and they suffer Avoid -50 for one turn. (Just a dick move, but I like those)

Cancel: When this unit initiates combat, prevent the enemy from counterattacking. Activation rate = (Skill/2)% (I remember this having been a thing, and wish it came back, it seems like a cool idea)

Enraged: When this unit is below 50% HP, damage dealt +10 and Crit +30, but damage received +5 and Avoid -20. (Sort of a high-risk-high-reward version of the old Wrath skill. Probably missed the mark a bit tho...)

Protector's Promise: When an allied unit within 2 spaces has less than 50% HP, this unit gains SKL/LCK/DEF/RES +4 and is more likely to be targeted by enemy attacks when possible.

I'm all out for now.

EDIT: These happened while I was writing this post out initially.

Hmmmm How about these for personal skill for MU and some random thoughts.Reprieve - (Kind of like Micaiah's Sacrifice) Select the "Reprieve" command to heal self and adjacent allies up to 15% of Max HP and uses MU's turn.

Dragon Prince - When this unit attacks with Dragonstone, this unit has 35% chance of performing follow-up attacks. (I want to come up with more ideas for this, but I know that 2 range was already taken. Well done, I might add.)

I really like Reprieve. It'd probably make just as much sense as Supportive for Corrin to have, honestly. Might even have been a little more useful sometimes, at least for me.

ayyyy back for more~

On A Roll: After this unit consecutively defeats 2 units in a row (in 2 turns), they gain +20 avoid and -3 damage taken.

I like it... But does the buff wear off at the end of the turn it is gained on (like Peri's Bloodthirst), or can you extend it by killing someone every turn? Because I like it, I was just wondering which of those was the case. Edited by ILikeKirbys

Alternate Azura/Shigure skill

Swan Song: When this unit takes Fatal Damage, they will persist for 4 more turns. After 4 turns, the unit finally dies. Gain +4 Damage and is guaranteed to crit for the duration. If the map would end before the 4 turns are up, the unit will not die.

Better Selena PS

Competitive: If this unit is within 2 spaces of a unit that shares 1 or more skills with it, the effects of those skills is doubled for Selena (e.g if somebody with Axebreaker is next to Selena and she has it, she'll get double the bonus from Axebreaker. Same goes for Luna, Strong Riposte, etc.)

Edited by Soapbar

Does this only apply to skills like Luna/Astra/Aether/Sol/Ignis/Dragon Fang, or does it work on Counter/Magicounter too?

Because I'd love to see Counter returning 1.5x the damage you took as damage, that'd be so annoying. I love it.

Also, I'm assuming this doesn't make Miracle/Pavise/Aegis/Dragon Ward crit, because how would that even happen?

i was thinking just for skills like Breaking Sky. Damage dealing procs.

Last Stand: when unit is hit by a lethal attack, survives with 1 hp and deals critical hit to the enemy. Unit is defeated after the battle.

Dying Wish: 20% heal to all allies when unit is defeated

Dying Curse: -5 all stats to the enemy that defeated the unit

Avenger: +4 damage when an ally is defeated(maximum of 5 allies)

Dampen: -10 Avoid and -2 damage to enemies within 2 spaces from unit

Taunt: select "Taunt" command to force all enemies within 5 spaces to target the unit

Intimidate: after using "Taunt" command, -7 damage taken for 1 turn

Elusive: after using "Taunt" command, +50 Avoid for 1 turn

Aggravate: after using "Taunt" command, +5 damage taken and +5 damage dealt for 1 turn

Edited by singularity

Summon: Use the Summon command to create a Faceless with a level equal to that of the summoner (promoted units add +20, but cannot go over 99), with stats appropriate to its level. (Enemy-only. Mostly here because I expected a gimmick chapter with Sorcerors who did nothing but summon Faceless and Stoneborn to impede your progress at some point in any of the routes... If it happened, I've since forgotten...)

Leo TECHNICALLY does it in chapter 18 Birthright, but what he really does is activate Dragon Veins that trigger marshes to appear that spawn Faceless, though Faceless do immediately spawn when Leo activates a Dragon Vein.

I think there's also that one chapter in Conquest with the endless Faceless with the no exp skill, but does that really count if there isn't anyone there to summon them? I do not at all remember a chapter like that in Revs...

Welp, what better time to think up some skills than when you're wishing Discipline was still a thing while grinding weapon ranks?

(weapon)-covery: Regain 10% of damage dealt as HP when using (weapon). I.e. Dealing 15 damage will recover 1 hp per strike. Activates even when using offensive skills.

• Swords: Bladecovery
  • Axes: Cleavecovery
  • Lances: Spearcovery
  • Tomes: Magicovery
  • Bows: Arrowcovery
  • Knives: Starcovery

Indecisive: If more than 3 weapons and more than 2 weapon types are available in units inventory, gain +2 damage inflicted, -2 damage taken, and +5 hit/avoid/crit/crit dodge, but lose ability to select weapon used when attacking, using a random weapon instead. Weapon will change every time this unit enters any kind of combat, even if they cannot act with the selected weapon or is the back unit of Attack/Guard Stance. All weapon range rules are ignored when selecting weapon on units turn, so a 2 range bow can hit at 1 range (only applicable if the unit has a weapon with 1 range in their inventory). Weapons with 3 range will never be picked, and the unit can never attack at 3 range.

Weapon types rule is dropped if unit can only use one weapon type (I.E. Applied to Hero who needs 2 swords and 1 axe to activate skill, while Swordmaster need 3 swords). Skill will not work if there are more than 2 of the same weapon to pick from (yes, even if one version is forged better than the other).

Vile via: Skill% chance after this unit acts to force targeted unit, be it ally or enemy, to return to their initial starting point on the map, or to the closest space if that tile is occupied.

(The inspiration behind this skill being the Via Seed lookalike item in the 4th gen Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, which when consumed... makes the target say "see ya!" and warp away. The Warp Seed does the same thing, but there's already a skill called Warp, and Vile Via sounds... like a thing?)

Vile Via+: Basically Vile Via, but enemy only and forces targeted units, ally or enemy, to warp to a random place on the map. Always activates.

Fog of War: Use as a command to place down a fog over the entire area within 4 tiles of the unit. Units side can still see through the fog, but the enemy cannot see or do anything to units inside the fog. Fog is lifted when any enemy units step into the fog. Does not work if enemy units are within 4 tiles of the unit.

Fog of War+ would be the Enemy only version of the skill that lays down fog in the area within 6 tiles of the unit. As with above, can't work if enemy unit is within 6 tiles.

And... that's all I got for now.

Edited by Xenomata

Double post accident, though I do have to say you guys are coming up with things left and right, most (all) of which I could see a lot of people liking and using...

Edited by Xenomata

Drop everything: when carrying 3 or more different usable weapons, deal the weapon might as damage to target after battle as well as to adjacent units.

Stylish Fighting: when initiating combat with a different equiped weapon than the previous battle, damage +3.

Wary combat: when more than one enemy within 2 tiles around this unit: damage received and dealt -2.

Duelist: when no allies or enemies are within 2 files of this unit and the target, hit and avoid +15.

Light body: during enemy phase, avoid +15 and damage received +3.

Edited by qwertyfatcat

Alrighty then!

For Me!Corrin:

Proper Duel: When attacking, always let the enemy counterattack at least once (speed is normally my boon so getting doubled isn't a worry.)

too lazy to think of anything else

Birthright MU (Lunatic) - Peacebringer - -10 damage dealt and taken.

Revaltions MU (Lunatic) - Dark Energy - If unit's HP is less than the enemy, +10 damage dealt.

Conquest MU (Normal) - Battle Scars - When lead supporting unit, +30 hit/avo.

Conquest MU (Lunatic) - Rally Love - Use "rally" command to heal 20% ally's HP and give +4 def/res.

Just a bunch of skills for my different Corrin/Kamuis.

So for a personal skill I have:

Half-Swording: When equipped with a sword and facing armored units, +3 dmg and +10 crit

And for a regular skill (this is going to sound ridiculous but bear with me), I was thinking about an dancer skill that refreshes all your units (basically giving you two player phases) at the expense of the enemy army getting two consecutive turns. Also, after your refresher unit uses this skill, its max HP gets cut in half and it cannot move, attack or refresh for the rest of the chapter.

Leo TECHNICALLY does it in chapter 18 Birthright, but what he really does is activate Dragon Veins that trigger marshes to appear that spawn Faceless, though Faceless do immediately spawn when Leo activates a Dragon Vein.

I think there's also that one chapter in Conquest with the endless Faceless with the no exp skill, but does that really count if there isn't anyone there to summon them? I do not at all remember a chapter like that in Revs...

That's right, Leo kinda did that! That chapter was surprisingly easy, hahaha. Must be why I forgot.

That's pretty close, but not exactly what I had in mind when I was speculating out loud there.

And the Conquest chapter could count (and putting Void Curse on reinforcements is a beautiful dick move, I love it), but without summoners (or one guy who could be summoning them on the map, who could be killed to stop the reinforcements), it's not quite what I had in mind...

So for a personal skill I have:

Half-Swording: When equipped with a sword and facing armored units, +3 dmg and +10 crit

Sounds cool.

And for a regular skill (this is going to sound ridiculous but bear with me), I was thinking about an dancer skill that refreshes all your units (basically giving you two player phases) at the expense of the enemy army getting two consecutive turns. Also, after your refresher unit uses this skill, its max HP gets cut in half and it cannot move, attack or refresh for the rest of the chapter.

This isn't ridiculous, it's just porting over the Dual Strike from Advance Wars: Dual Strike. Sort of.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Although, given that there are no enemy dancer/songstresses, this'd only make the player more powerful. Which is okay. And it'd be quite the gamble, since if Azura was poorly placed, she'd probably die. So this is rather nice.

Though, if this skill were actually in the game, there'd need to be a map where a Songstress showed up every once in a while, used this skill, and disappeared, to be replaced in a set number of turns (the number of turns between double-enemy-phases becoming fewer on higher difficulties). It'd probably show up in Revelation, that route liked its gimmicky chapters.

I want this to be a thing now.

And since I'm back in this thread, here are yet more skills:

[spoiler=Skills Inside]

Canto: This unit can move again after performing an action. (From older FEs, kinda surprised it hasn't shown up as one of the DLC skills to be honest)

Boost Power: When this unit initiates combat, he gains +10 STR/SPD. (Captain Falcon personal skill, because it just sort of popped into my head)

Vision: When the enemy initiates combat, this unit gains Avoid +50. (Shulk personal skill)

Strategic Tip: When supporting another unit (Attack Stance or Guard Stance), the supported unit gains Hit/Avoid/Crit/Dodge +10. (Tactical Advice just sort of underwhelmed me, so here's a more powerful (possibly a bit too much?) version)

Peerless: When in combat against an enemy using the same weapon type, Hit/Avoid +50. (So, the Superior weapons' effect from Awakening)

Last Breath: When this unit is defeated in combat, enemies within 2 spaces take up to 20% HP damage. (An enemy-only skill, for obvious reasons. Has potential to be really annoying)

[spoiler=Some Revelation Spoilers]

Honorable Fighter: When in combat where this unit and the enemy are both able to fight, Crit +10, damage dealt +3 and damage received -3. (Sumeragi's personal skill. I could see it fitting, though I don't know much about him so I could be wrong)

Pacifistic Aura: Adjacent enemies cannot attack or counterattack. (Mikoto's personal skill. Hey, if she can project a barrier of non-violence, why not give her a skill that makes her enemies unable to attack?)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm all out.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

This isn't ridiculous, it's just porting over the Dual Strike from Advance Wars: Dual Strike. Sort of.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Although, given that there are no enemy dancer/songstresses, this'd only make the player more powerful. Which is okay. And it'd be quite the gamble, since if Azura was poorly placed, she'd probably die. So this is rather nice.

Though, if this skill were actually in the game, there'd need to be a map where a Songstress showed up every once in a while, used this skill, and disappeared, to be replaced in a set number of turns (the number of turns between double-enemy-phases becoming fewer on higher difficulties). It'd probably show up in Revelation, that route liked its gimmicky chapters.

I want this to be a thing now.

Thracia says hi. Yes, enemy dancers would be nice to see again.

Thracia says hi. Yes, enemy dancers would be nice to see again.

Wait wait wait hold on a second

There was an FE with enemy Dancers?

Why hasn't this happened since then? Were they ridiculously broken or something?

Also, since I forgot one last time:

Concert: Use the Sing command to grant adjacent allies an additional turn. (Something to make Azura more like Path of Radiance's Reyson... I miss his 4-person refreshing)

Wait wait wait hold on a second

There was an FE with enemy Dancers?

Why hasn't this happened since then? Were they ridiculously broken or something?

Chapter 12x of Thracia. That was also the chapter one of your thieves turned into the resident dancer.

The map had thieves, treasure, and the dancers would have ushered the thieves along. If you didn't kill them and waited a while, you could get dancers with good stuff to steal to appear.

I still see no reason why dancers could appear in a Fire Emblem game that is not actively trying to kill the player.

Chapter 12x of Thracia. That was also the chapter one of your thieves turned into the resident dancer.

The map had thieves, treasure, and the dancers would have ushered the thieves along. If you didn't kill them and waited a while, you could get dancers with good stuff to steal to appear.

I still see no reason why dancers could appear in a Fire Emblem game that is not actively trying to kill the player.

Do you mean couldn't appear? Sorry if you didn't, my mind just read that as couldn't and now I'm not sure if there's a reason dancers haven't appeared since then...

Well, maybe if they're afraid of Dancers breaking the game by refreshing each other in an infinite loop forever, but I'm sure they could program something for that (like, only being able to use the Dance/Sing/Refresh command once per Player/Enemy/Other Phase).

Do you mean couldn't appear? Sorry if you didn't, my mind just read that as couldn't and now I'm not sure if there's a reason dancers haven't appeared since then...

Well, maybe if they're afraid of Dancers breaking the game by refreshing each other in an infinite loop forever, but I'm sure they could program something for that (like, only being able to use the Dance/Sing/Refresh command once per Player/Enemy/Other Phase).

Yeah, I meant couldn't.

...Or there could be a restriction of one dancer per map. That could work, too.

Yeah, I meant couldn't.

...Or there could be a restriction of one dancer per map. That could work, too.

Alternatively, they could be allowed as reinforcements as well, but if there's a dancer on their side of battlefield, their next dancer must wait until the current one is defeated.

• 3 weeks later...

Wizardry: "Might affect hit..."

Makes hits run off of GBAFE formula when I'm fighting someone (attacking or defending).

Actually, something we've already done in hacking, is made a "Dancers can't refresh other Dancers" hack. So that's an easy fix.

Looking at this thread again, I realize I'm not done thinking about skills, though recent IRLD happenings (In real life dreams) have sparked some... interesting things.

• Dynamic Combat: All attacks are reduced to 1/4th power, but number of attacks increased to 4 per single attack. (could also make a variant that cuts attack power in half but doubles number of hits, but... I dunno.)
  • Personal: Spiritual Tribalist: When paired up with a unit from one of the great tribes or their descendants, gain either +15 hit/avoid and +3 effective speed (Hayato, Fuga, Rhajat, any of their children), +3 damage and +15 crit (Rinkah and any of her children), or -3 damage taken and +15 critical evade (Felicia, Flora, and any of their children)
  • Adrenaline Drain: Gain +1 damage for every unit within 2 tiles of this unit. All units within 2 spaces of this unit deal -2 physical damage.
  • Phantom Imprint: When attacking and defeating an enemy, Luck% chance to leave a healing area on the area within 2 tiles of where the enemy was. Allies recover 10%hp when they stand on these tiles. Enemies lose 10%hp when they stand on these tiles. This area disappears after 3 turns.
  • Family Bond: When paired with S support partner or units child, deal +3 damage when Dual Striking or gain +1 shield gauge when in Dual Guard.

I'm... thinking of a LOT of personal skills now...

Initiative: +5 effective speed when enemy triggers the battle

Mind's Eye: +15 Avoid when enemy triggers the battle

Resolution: +10 Hit, +10 Crit and +3 damage when supported by an ally with 1/2 HP or lower

Oration: when using "Rally" command, rally range +1

Encouragement: when using "Rally" command, +10 Crit and +10 Hit to allies on range

Resonance: when using "Rally" command to allies that has been boosted from other units' rallies, increase the stats boosted by half(+4 if Rally Luck, +1 if Rally Spectrum, +2 if others)

Deadshot: All bows now have a 2-3 range OR Any bow wielding classes can now use 2-3 range bows (kind of like shadowgift with mages that allow dark magic, but for archers)

CQA (Close combat archer): All bows can now shoot from 1 range

Yes.. I love bows

^ I love this idea.

Anyways, mine would probably be something like...

Shadow Strike: If the unit has 10+ speed or more over the opponent, the unit can attack 4 times in the same turn. (This would allow for 2 attacks on those with the skill wary fighter)

^ I love this idea.

Anyways, mine would probably be something like...

Shadow Strike: If the unit has 10+ speed or more over the opponent, the unit can attack 4 times in the same turn. (This would allow for 2 attacks on those with the skill wary fighter)

And then you use a brave weapon, and all the hits proc Astra.

And then you use a brave weapon, and all the hits proc Astra.

4 hits per round x5 per Astrum x2 per Brave effect. (I'm not sure on the specific order, but I presume it's won't affect the number of blows).

You'd eat a fresh Brave Sword in one round of combat. Since you're going up against an armour or the final boss, might as well have used an Armorslayer or the S-Rank weapon.

Good thing there's no durability in Fates.