Cipher Speculation Thread

Jayvee94

Well, I know some of you have prediction unreleased cards in the future. Let's speculate a bit okay maybe a lot.

Yes we may sort of include speculations on already announced stuff or speculate on teasers.

Let me start with our speculation of our own.

Okay, so we know that "Medallion" cards will have MASTER CLASSES. So does that mean, Gaiden will have them too?

On a related note, what color will the cards be in Valentia?

In games with branch promotions, some units are given canon promotions in their debut series (i.e. Hero Severa, Dark Flier Cordelia etc.) until the second series they appeared gave them an alternate promotion Except Severa for some reason

I am suspecting that the Villagers in Gaiden and Sacred Stones (speculate what color) characters will be given canon promoted classes based on their intended design. (eg Mage Cliff due to his high resistance, Pirate Ross, Mage Knight Ewan (just because his growths most resemble that of a Generic Mage Knight), Great Knight Kyle, Paladin Forde etc.) those are just my examples please don't kill me.

Edited by Jayvee94

Hmmm, we're kind of running out of normal colours. I'm guessing we'll see a goldish orange/yellow for Jugdral, then maybe a light blue/teal for Magvel and maybe pink for Valencia? Kind of guessing out my ass here, but I could see those working.

Branched promotions in FE8 will probably be handled like they were for Fates/Awakening characters, mostly using their "canon" promotions, though I'm not sure how many of those there are for FE8. We might be more likely to see split promotions passed out for the hell of it to make sure that a wide variety of classes is represented. We've already seen villagers with Mozu in S3 and Donnel in S4, so Ross/Amelia/Ewan will probably be handled the same, as will the villagers in Gaiden.

The big thing I'm predicting is that Gaiden will be the new game for the March set. March 2017 is Gaiden's 25th anniversary, so there is no better time to release those cards. The only way I can see that not happening is if FE mobile has an original cast and releases too late for the December wave.

For Gaiden Villagers, Archer appears to be a favorite. Except for Cliff, he's great as a mage.

For Sacred Stones (1st canon class):

Ross - he's complicated. He want's to be a Warrior. Alternate to his Journeyman (2) is Hero. His most popular class is Berserker.

Forde and Kyle - Kyle seems to be a suitable Great Knight to to having better defense than the two. Forde is fit as a Paladin as he's the fast one

Ewan - He wants to be like his teacher (a Sage). Yet his growths rates most resemble to that of a generic Mage Knight.

Amelia - Paladin.

Gerik - He would be an obvious hero here.

All of the myrmidons in this game fits swordsmaster due to storyline and character.

L'Arachel - Due to being a princess of Rausten. She's fit as a Valkyrie.

I have noticed a trend that some pre-promoted units have their unpromoted forms in cipher (ie. The Royal Families of Nohr and Hoshido, Titania)

Following this pattern, which units will have an unpromoted card in the future?

• 1 month later...

We only have a small handful of enemy cards as is, I don't see generic monsters getting cards anytime soon. Morva as a Dracozombie, possible, but not random Cyclops or Bael's.

Generics, no, (although bantu is pretty much just a fire dragon, I love that card) but I wonder if Idenn will get a card?

If she does, it will probably be her human form. I definitely feel like zeph and Jahn deserve cards at some point as well.

More villains are always good. I really want medeus!

Hydra/Anankos is getting a card so anything is possible. She'll probably be way way off though, as there are so many Binding Blade and Blazing sword characters that will need spots first.

Edited by Draxal

Gaiden's pro'lly gonna get T3 cards. However, I'm gonna say that Gaiden will be under Falchion.

Trainees in Sacred Stones are gonna either get LvS, or get the Donnel treatment. Villies in Gaiden are all going to become Dread Fighters. *shot*

If that FEMobile thing actually even had original characters they are probably going to shove them into an existing color in some way or another like with the TMS cards.

Gaien can fill a set, that game pushes the diferent promotion paths more than any other via forcing it with RNG lol. They COULD use that on their favor.

• 2 weeks later...

I suddenly remembered King Chrom sketch from March stream which made me think that Series 8 might contain another set of Blue cards. Kozaki also showed Oboro and Hanz sketches that would conveniently fall into Series 7 and 6 cards. In fact, today's Narcian SR+ reveal makes me think that Hanz actually has a chance to be the one who gets villain SR card since Kozaki likes him so much. I would rather have Garon though.

Edited by Cat Villager

I'm thinking that we'll probably get some FE4 kids in S6, just like how we got some Awakening kids in S1 and Fates kids in S2. The rest of the kids (and likely substitutes as well) will be for future sets. Too many FE4 characters to be all in 1 set anyway. Thracia will probably get its own set at a later point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it reuses the golden colour.

I'm partly just going off of personal hope since I still wish Uther had gotten some official artwork, but I do agree he's not going to be the end-all, be-all option for Blazing Sword.

Still, a girl can dream. (And he's plot-relevant, that's good enough, right?)

Hey, if we're considering the dream options, I'd love to see a series entirely consisting of NPCs, like Uther, or Eleanora, or Rajaion, or the Heroes of Elibe.

Or Natalie, the strongest of them all.

I'unno, it'd be fun to see.

Hey, if we're considering the dream options, I'd love to see a series entirely consisting of NPCs, like Uther, or Eleanora, or Rajaion, or the Heroes of Elibe.

Or Natalie, the strongest of them all.

I'unno, it'd be fun to see.

Honestly, after I saw that Mackoya sketch from Izuka last week I really want a card of him now. I'm hoping that as the games start to get all of their playable characters taken care of we'll see bosses more frequently.