Glaceo

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

63472.png The top robe part looks as if it was at a different angle. The face is super long. The shoulder armor also doesn't look too connected to the arm. The eyes, and hair is pretty good though.

All of the facial features (nose, eyes, mouth) are a little oversized, so the portrait looks a lot more cartoony than the actual FE portraits. As a result of the big features, the face is bigger than it should be on the head and the hair starts really far up on the head.

It is super cartoony but, meh, I guess you are going for your style instead of FE style. The hair kinda makes sense but kinda doesn't? Also, you got some angle issues on the body. It's kinda frontal when the head is cheated over a little.

...for a second I thought that was a gender flipped Glacoe, before I looked closer. Your hair and designs are alright, those proportions still need work though... even if they are not supposed to be FE style.

Her face is long, and huge. Especially in comparison to her body. Shading is rather messy too.

Edited by ErrantShepherd

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm obviously no expert in creating mugs (or sprites for that matter) but something seems...off about that pegasis knight. Maybe the eyes are too big? Then again, I'm not really one to judge so take what I say with a grain of salt :P

Edited by Dinar87

• 1 month later...

Life... finds a way.

You do armor as well as general colors and shading quite well. The proportions still do need a bit of work. But this one at least is pretty good and consistent within your style?

Have you tried much splicing? Entering in a couple of the splice comps may be good practice.

Anyways, nice Leif. Keep it up.

Edited by ErrantShepherd

A few things regarding style and technique:

You could probably lose the darkest hair color. It's only a mildly desaturated version of the previous color on the ramp.
The mugshot is too wide and too tall to be a GBA mug, but that's really your preference.
The collar shouldn't bend behind the scarf, it just doesn't fit the perspective.
The skin color ramp changes very predictably, creating a nearly straight ramp.

0a63c8d913.png

On the left, your skin tones, on the right, Eliwood's.

Continue to improve.

Do you use the hackbox? That helps. Some of my customs did not fit initially when not using the box borders, but they basically need to fit within the box to be usable for insertion into fangames, and to fit the style better.

kI9Q1hP.png

Anyways, keep at it! You are definitely improving!