Glaceo

The previous map I quite liked. This one feels a little... bland in the mountain area... I know it's supposed to not be accessible likely, but it needs some variation/breaking things up.

Alm's face appears vertically a few pixels too long in my opinion. In proportion to his body and stuff. Actually... try moving his eyes down a pixel or two.

Edited by ErrantShepherd

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a bit right, though if you check the map there's really nothing with what I can work, thanks for the critique though, I'll try to maybe take the mountain area and make something out of it.

poruaVd.png

The mug is good below the eyes, but their are quite a few problems in the top half.

First of all, the face is stretched i.e. too long and too thin. I pulled the eyes down a few pixels and widened the brow. I also brought the hair down or else he'd have a huge forehead.

Next, if you're going to make brown eyes that big you need a white. Also the lines under the eyes don't need to be so defined, you can lighten them a shade. I did a few little eye tweaks to show what I mean.

Finally the hair. You have some weirdly shaded strands especially at the back of his head plus the part is turned the wrong way and not really centered. (I didn't really do much to the hair though)

The facial proportions are pretty off. His eyes are way too far up his head and his head is just small in general. His hair sort of suffers from his head being too small as well. His head just looks like a straight up oval, no real defined jaw action going on at all. The body is still major twink level, and the shoulder pad doesn't look a shoulder pad, it looks like a solid leather semi-sphere strapped to the top of his shoulder. His clothes seem excessively wrinkled and something about the colors and design just makes me think he's wearing like silk pajamas.

What about now? I've improved (I think) from the critique you gave me! (I'm also very happy that people can finally give me proper critique, being in the Pokemon communities does not help with spriting, just check the abominations in some of the rom hacks...ugh)

Grey.png

That game that uses RPGmaker engine and has horrible upscaled sprites with terrible color choices. (oh, yeah, they're the reators of Pokemon Insurgence, but since then they've improved... sorta, their sprites still suck)

Pretty sure Z/O uses the 3d models now, and even when they did have sprites they were all the official ones.

You didn't really fix anything I said... The head looks exactly the same, and instead of making him broader or anything you just made him shorter? The shoulder pad looks a little better, but the part close to his neck looks like it would be digging into his neck.

Edited by Tao