The Static Sprites of a Fool

Yoshthethird

:D

But yeah I'm glad you like the Swordmaster.  That still sprite is nearly 100% custom! But yeah it's definitely the one I'm working on now, and I'm already pleased with I've made so far haha.  But yes I was planning on doing my Ephraim!Paladin fairly soon as well.  I actually want to work on it at the same time as 2 other mounted classes, for a... secret reason.  But yes it will probably be next.  I'm prolly not work on my Necromancer!Druid for a while, I plan for it to mostly jut be a reskin of the Necromancer's animation, just cause I'm not too fond of the vanilla Druid.  But yes! Thank you for caring!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice and fluid animation, as usual. It's pretty good but for the beginning portion before the attack maybe try and anchor on of his legs since both his legs kinda slide around at the same time. The last slash's blur doesn't look like it connects/followed up from the previous slash (if that made sense), a simple change of blur might help.

18 hours ago, BlazeKing said:

Nice and fluid animation, as usual. It's pretty good but for the beginning portion before the attack maybe try and anchor on of his legs since both his legs kinda slide around at the same time. The last slash's blur doesn't look like it connects/followed up from the previous slash (if that made sense), a simple change of blur might help.

Thanks! Yeah he moves around before the first stab, maybe I can find a way to make it look more firm.  And I think the third attack looks fine, but I'll take a look a the blur.

14 hours ago, ErrantDShepherd said:

Cool... it feels perhaps a bit slower than I would expect for a swordmaster?

It's smoothness is very nice, but imo some of that needs to be sacrificed to speed it up and add more power to the cuts.

I definitely see what you're saying...

3IzNyne.gif

Is this any better? I really don't want to lose the fluidity, that's one of my favorite parts.  Does it still look fluid?

Enjoying pretty much everything there... except the finishing strike pose.

Crouching on both knees like that while using both hands to stab doesn't convey power or swordmastery imo? Like... that pose seems more appropriate for a trainee to end with? As it looks potentially overbalanced?

Perhaps some of the previous animation strikes could utilized?

Definitely fun to watch though. Once again great seeing you animating your stuff!

On 10/27/2017 at 12:38 AM, ErrantDShepherd said:

Enjoying pretty much everything there... except the finishing strike pose.

Crouching on both knees like that while using both hands to stab doesn't convey power or swordmastery imo? Like... that pose seems more appropriate for a trainee to end with? As it looks potentially overbalanced?

Perhaps some of the previous animation strikes could utilized?

Definitely fun to watch though. Once again great seeing you animating your stuff!

Yeah I was struggling with what to make the final strike.  I'm working on a new one.

1 hour ago, Lord of Gabriel Knight said:

Yeah, I think maybe Blade Lord Lyn's regular attack coming down from the air would be appropriate and you could still use the same return.

Hilariously, that is exactly the one I am working on right now haha

I do think this looks a lot better

hPbodS8.gif

I might, however, change the blinking frames to make them a lot faster.  Make it look almost transparent, like Lyn's.  That's gonna take some additional frames though, so it doesn't move too fast.

EDIT: Does the faster blinking look good? Or obnoxious?

24vDemT.gif

Edited by Yoshthethird

I think faster blinking looks better, but the third hit still looks the weakest out of the three. The first two get long, swooshy smears, but the last one is short and stops very abruptly - it doesn't quite have the same energy. Plus, it looks like a thrust at the ankles, which is of course quite painful, but doesn't quite say "critical hit" to me. I think what would work better with that finishing pose is a "round" slash from above.

6 hours ago, vilkalizer said:

I think faster blinking looks better, but the third hit still looks the weakest out of the three. The first two get long, swooshy smears, but the last one is short and stops very abruptly - it doesn't quite have the same energy. Plus, it looks like a thrust at the ankles, which is of course quite painful, but doesn't quite say "critical hit" to me. I think what would work better with that finishing pose is a "round" slash from above.

I like it looks, but I 100% understand where you're coming from.  It's mostly based on Durandal!Lyn's crit, and Lucina's Warrior Special from FE Warriors.  The prep-pose looks like it's preparing for a stab, but it ends it what looks more like a slash.  Maybe if I find/make a different swoosh-blade effect, it'd look better.  

19 hours ago, vilkalizer said:

I'm mostly just abusing the circle tool, but I'm glad you like it. Feel free to use/abuse/edit as much as you like.

Oh cool! Thank you.  Honestly the only thing I'd change is just extending the time of the frame with the last hit, I like when attacks pause at the moment of impact to wait for the damage goes down haha.

On May 6, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Yoshthethird said:

I crave attention and validation. Welcome to the alter of my obsession.

Stills (yet to be animated or sheeted)

Reveal hidden contents

quOkWpE.jpg

9ZYqhjd.png

52x0Hrx.png

bsFFp9Q.png

7pmXOgi.png

aOzOej3.pngv4UxOWL.png

xseaetG.png

SddjiYk.png

Mugs (not my bread and butter)

Reveal hidden contents

vY38hL1.png

GIF animations (I love this stuff)

Reveal hidden contents

"Mercenary"

1mJRtW5.gif

WOOW8uR.gif

"Myrmidon"

ytI4sOG.gif

ThlW4l6.gif

"Mage"

dJme2Y2.gif

VFYXTBO.gif

"Cleric"

r4YtC79.gif

"Ballistician"

5XaU6pk.gif

"Hero"

yIdW6Fb.gif

zry8s7W.gif

"Swordmaster"

mrhtaZf.gif

Thanks for... Looking I guess.

Nice work! Makes me want to get my writing done sooner so I can start work on the whole hacking/spriting thing myself.

Asking out of curiosity, is there a chance you'd be willing to break the group mugshot apart? I like the far left girl in the middle row and am interested in putting together a character based on the mugshot if that's ok with you.

6 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Nice work! Makes me want to get my writing done sooner so I can start work on the whole hacking/spriting thing myself.

Asking out of curiosity, is there a chance you'd be willing to break the group mugshot apart? I like the far left girl in the middle row and am interested in putting together a character based on the mugshot if that's ok with you.

Thank you!

And no, I'd rather you not do that if it's okay.

I can't sprite but I really love what you're doing! I'm really curious to see more. 

If you need some ideas, I'll be curious to see a dark druid pre promote and a dark druid promoted, I'm sure you could do something awesome with this class!