Kaga views on Fire emblem Fates and Awakening

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's ever said anything, considering he was pretty much nonexistent from Berwick Saga until the announcement of his new doujin game.

Tmk anyway

Edited by Glaceon Mage

It's difficult to know,

Kaga is a very closed of person, we know barely anything about him. He's a kind of a mystery.

There are barely any pictures of him, the one from 1994's interview is one of the only ones, if not the only one, we have of him.

Edited by Water Mage

I think he'd be happy that the franchise he once helmed has become so successful, but I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Heck he didn't even realize us English speakers knew who he was when some of us contacted him about his new game.

I think he'd be happy that the franchise he once helmed has become so successful, but I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Heck he didn't even realize us English speakers knew who he was when some of us contacted him about his new game.

Speaking of which, did he ever approve of the fan translation of Vestaria Saga?

I would like to know his views on them tbh. He stated in that 90's interview that he wanted FE to be an easily accessible to newcomers strategy game, and Awakening and Fates are certainly that, but this same man made FE5 so...

This is interesting. Is it possible for English fans to get an chance to interview him?

I would imagine his feelings are mixed. I'm sure he's partly pleased that the series is successful, but I imagine that he's also partly resentful that FE is a success while his career is dead.

Kaga had much more fucked up shit in his games than skinship so I don't think he'd be put off by it.

He wouldn't be put off by the supposed hero molesting his servants and family members? Seriously?

He wouldn't be put off by the supposed hero molesting his servants and family members? Seriously?

He wasn't put off by having Arvis marry his half-sister.

He also wasn't put off by Eldigan and Lachesis' relationship.

And he wasn't put off by Seliph being attracted to Julia before finding out they were related.

And he wasn't put off by Seliph being attracted to Julia before finding out they were related.

alternatively, child hunts

anyway, skinshipping is not presented as sexual before marriage so I really cannot understand why people hate skinshipping so much

alternatively, child hunts

anyway, skinshipping is not presented as sexual before marriage so I really cannot understand why people hate skinshipping so much

It's just a really strange thing to do. I don't call my irl friends to my room for the sole purpose of touching their face. Actually, if I did, chances are they'd be really confused and ask what the heck is wrong with me. Same for my sister, actually.

And here I was thinking you would bring up something like all those underaged slave girls in Tear Ring Saga among other unpleasant things in that game.

Anyway, the third one is just plain wrong. But more importantly, Alvis and Eltoshan do not do the things they may have done to please the voyeuristic desires of the audience. And they are not meant to be seen has this perfect leader and noble hero that Corrin is framed as. Both of them are antagonists and Alvis in particular is meant to be a very flawed individual. They are in no way comparable to Corrin, who is meant to be this noble leader and purehearted hero despite the mere existence of this chikan simulator proving otherwise.

Ironically enough Alvis' issue with women is the result of his father Victor basically acting just like Corrin. He took advantage of his servants (which lead to the birth of Azel) and he cheated on his wife all the time. And when this unhappy marriage lead to his wife finding a lover too, he shamed her for it. Corrin is nicer about it ("Please treasure yourself more.") but he is no less of a hypcrite ("Before marriage I can't thoughtlessly touch a woman's body"). Somehow I don't think Kaga meant for Victor to be seen as a particular good person.

Edited by BrightBow

Uhh, Eltshan is totally painted as a noble hero

Honestly, your analysis of fates sounds very exaggerated and overreaching. I was completely lost at the comparison between Arvis's father and Corrin. What did you even want to say there?

I must add that I didn't see Corrin "molesting" anyone through the game. Is skinship supposed to be the "molesting"?

Edited by Nobody

It's just a really strange thing to do. I don't call my irl friends to my room for the sole purpose of touching their face. Actually, if I did, chances are they'd be really confused and ask what the heck is wrong with me. Same for my sister, actually.

funnily, pretty much every character but like Camilla, Elise, and Niles react with confusion. After bonding with them for a minute, they then get used to it and you grow closer.

It was never meant to be presented as something disgusting or sexual before marriage, when the quotes all change.

Uhh, Eltshan is totally painted as a noble hero

Not to the point where he can do no wrong like Corrin, otherwise he wouldn't have died at the hands of the man who he foolishly decided to follow until the end.

Honestly, your analysis of fates sounds very exaggerated and overreaching. I was completely lost at te comparison between Arvis's father and Corrin. What did you even want to say there?

That Corrin has more in common with Kaga's villains then Kaga's heroes, despite the game desperately trying to frame as if he was the most amazing person to have ever lived.

Edited by BrightBow

Not to the point where he can do no wrong like Corrin, otherwise he wouldn't have died at the hands of the man who he foolishly decided to follow until the end.

That Corrin has more in common with Kaga's villains then Kaga's heroes, despite the game desperately trying to frame as if he was the most amazing person to have ever lived.

please stop trying to paint Corrin as this evil figure because just because he isn't competent all the time does not mean he is evil

please stop trying to paint Corrin as this evil figure because just because he isn't competent all the time does not mean he is evil

I didn't even say anything about his competence.

I didn't even say anything about his competence.

Yes, but you implied Corrin was villainous which isn't the case. Corrin has a ridiculously bad reputation for no reason.

You site the Japanese version for evidence, but the Japanese version tends to have worse writing. If you want Corrin's personality, just look to Smash Bros.

Yes, but you implied Corrin was villainous which isn't the case. Corrin has a ridiculously bad reputation for no reason.

I hope I did no such thing, seeing how my personal sense of morals is not relevant on this topic. And considering that Kaga seems to consider Richard from TRS to be a sympathetic character, I wouldn't bet on our opinions having all that much of an overlap. My initial intent was merely to illustrate that it makes no sense to say that Kaga would have no objections to the current state of the series just because his games contained incestuous relationships, mass murder, rape and whatnot, as if the context of these subjects somehow didn't matter.

You site the Japanese version for evidence, but the Japanese version tends to have worse writing. If you want Corrin's personality, just look to Smash Bros.

The way that the localisation handles things is a complete non-issue here.

Edited by BrightBow

The localization is the only thing that really matters. I cannot speak Japanese, so I am not going to try to cross-compare with a language I don't even understand.

The localization made Corrin a very well-rounded character that the Japanese version failed to do. By that merit, I much prefer the name Corrin to Kamui. Kamui sounds generic.