Hacked Skills Guide

Flareblade

I'm creating this thread as a guide to help show which skills are exclusive to certain units. It amount of people unaware of hacked skills seems problematic now. This will show you what skills can be learned by which characters, and how to spot a hacked skill on another team.

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Enemy-Only Skills

Enemy-only skills that obviously not be learned by playable units by any normal means.

Note: If an enemy unit with one of these skills is captured, they will lose the skill. Therefore, they still should not be able to use these.

fe15skill_114.pngDragonskin

fe15skill_115.pngDivine Shield

fe15skill_116.pngHit/Avo +10

fe15skill_117.pngHit/Avo +20

fe15skill_118.pngResist Status

fe15skill_119.pngImmune Status

fe15skill_123.pngVoid Curse

fe15skill_124.pngSelf-Destruct

fe15skill_125.pngStaff Savant

fe15skill_126.pngImmobilize

fe15skill_196.pngInevitable End

Skill Scrolls

There are currently thirteen enemy only skills that can be learned using skill scrolls obtained from DLC. However, four of these are currently unavailable. These are as follows.

fe15skill_120.pngBold Stance

fe15skill_122.pngWinged Shield

fe15skill_209.pngBeast Shield

fe15skill_208.pngArmor Shield

Note: You can also count the Memories of Foam "Taker" scrolls that aren't out as of now.

Playable Character Skills

These are skills that can be learned by playable units, but are limited to certain characters. This means avatars with these skills did not obtain them through legitimate means.

fe15skill_53.pngEvenhanded: Kaden, Selkie, Kana, Shigure

fe15skill_95.pngEven Better: Kaden, Selkie, Kana, Shigure

fe15skill_54.pngOdd Shaped: Keaton, Velouria, Kana, Shigure

fe15skill_96.pngBetter Odds: Keaton, Velouria, Kana, Shigure

fe15skill_40.pngBeastbane: Kaden, Selkie, Keaton, Velouria, Kana, Shigure

fe15skill_103.pngGrisly Wound: Kaden, Selkie, Keaton, Velouria, Kana, Shigure.

fe15skill_06.pngLuck +4: Azura, All Children

fe15skill_24.pngInspiring Song: Azura

fe15skill_77.pngVoice of Peace: Azura, All Children

fe15skill_78.pngForeign Princess: Azura, All Children

fe15skill_108.pngAptitude: Mozu, All Children -Shigure

fe15skill_86.pngUnderdog: Mozu, All Children -Shigure

Note: Aptitude and Underdog can be possible bond unit personal skills.

Gender Exclusive Skills

These are skills that can only be learned if a character is a certain gender or is a second/third-generation unit.

Male Only Skill

Female Only Skill

fe15skill_73.pngGentilhomme: Cannot be learned by first-gen females.

fe15skill_74.pngDemoiselle: Cannot be learned by first-gen males.

fe15skill_218.pngSurvey: Ballistician

fe15skill_219.pngOpprotunity Shot: Ballistician

fe15skill_220.pngRifled Barrel: Ballistician

fe15skill_221.pngSurefooted: Ballistician

fe15skill_210.pngShadowgift: Witch

fe15skill_222.pngWitch's Brew: Witch

fe15skill_224.pngToxic Brew: Witch

fe15skill_225.pngDancing Blade: Lodestar

fe15skill_226.pngDual Guarder: Lodestar

fe15skill_201.pngDual Striker: Great Lord

fe15skill_202.pngAwakening: Great Lord

fe15skill_203.pngTactical Advice: Grandmaster

fe15skill_204.pngSolidarity: Grandmaster

fe15skill_205.pngIgnis: Grandmaster

fe15skill_206.pngRally Spectrum: Grandmaster

Note: Gentilhomme and Demoiselle can be bought from other avatars of the opposite gender.

Note: DLC skills can not be bought, therefore a unit that shouldn't have a skill because of their gender are hacked units.

These are skills that can only be used by the avatar and all children.

fe15skill_106.pngNobility

fe15skill_28.pngDragon Fang

fe15skill_10.pngDraconic Hex

fe15skill_35.pngDragon Ward

fe15skill_42.pngNohrian Trust

fe15skill_43.pngHoshidan Unity

Other Information

DLC skills can NOT be inherited, so a male Kana with Shadowgift for example, is hacked.

With the exception of Candace, captured units are limited to their class line's skills and DLC skills.

Candace can NOT reclass at all, and is limited to Locktouch, Movement +1, Lucky Seven, and Pass if an Eternal Seal is used on her, along with scroll skills.

Candace is best waifu

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Well, I hope this guide helped anyone out. This took me at least two hours to put together. There are people (such as myself) that are cautious on purchasing hacked skills from other castles. I don't support skill hacking, but it's your choice on whether you'd like to purchase these skills or not. It isn't very common to find a castle with enemy-only skills, but having them on your units can possibly get your save file shadowbanned.

Edited by thedeltarune

Very nice and clean-looking, especially with the skill icons!

You are forgetting a few skills though:

Dancing Blade, Dual Guarder, Tactical Advice, Solidarity, Ignis, and Rally Spectrum are male only.

Awakening and Dual Striker are female only.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Dancing Blade and Dual Guarder are male only.

Ohh. I'll add them.

Luck +4, Voice of Peace, and Foreign Princess can be learned by all 2nd gen. units.

Really? I read somewhere that Azura's Songstress skills couldn't be passed down. I'll add that.

Really? I read somewhere that Azura's Songstress skills couldn't be passed down. I'll add that.

Only Inspiring Song can't be passed down. Also edited my previous post to include the males-only Grandmaster skills.

Edited by Roflolxp54

The only one that can't be passed down is Inspiring Song, the rest can.

The only one that can't be passed down is Inspiring Song, the rest can.

So you can get Foreign Princess on a male child?

Edited by thedeltarune

Another thing to note is that legit or not, DLC skills cannot be bought at all from the Logbook or from another player's castle team. They do stay on the unit if recruited from the castle team or Logbook though.

So you can get Foreign Princess on a male child?

Yeah, I've taught it to Shigure and know that the rest of the kids, male or female, can inherit it. Demoiselle and Gentilhomme can be passed down to the children of either gender legitimately.

Edited by Rose

While Mozu cannot be the direct mom of Male Kana, Male Kana can still legitly get Aptitude if the Female Avatar marries a son of Mozu who has Aptitude in the last equipped skill slot upon Male Kana's recruition.

It is weird that you can learn skills from both gendered Avatars but Kana can only learn skills from the same-gendered Kana. But Aptitude on Male Kana is legit.

Female Corrin can't marry Mozu, but she can marry Mozu's son, so it's legal. Similarly Female Corrin can't marry Azura, but she can marry Shigure (or any other of Azura's sons) and double-inherit Azura skills like Foreign Princess.

Aside from gender-locked class skills I don't think there's anything one Kana can get that the other gender Kana can't, although I think it's very unlikely that the castle where I found Male Kana with Luck +4 / Foreign Princess / Voice of Peace got those skills through three inheritances and not just having them hacked onto him. But whatcha gonna do.

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya. Sorry to just barge in, but I'm one of those people who didn't read up enough beforehand, apparently. I wanted to experience most of the game without a lot of knowledge beforehand. So I've been playing for almost a week now (had to wait for my copy of the game) and at some point I accidentally discovered it was possible to buy skills after winning castle battles. I didn't mind not having to reclass and grind as much as I did in awakening, so I bought a few skills. Aptitude for one..

Now I realise that shouldn't have been possible. I've been playing for LOTS of hours (the upside to being sick right now) but I'm wondering if maybe I'll just delete this save and start over (oh no..)

I don't want to brick my game. It's the LE so all 3 games on one cartridge, that would suck immensely. I have no idea if it's even possible to brick it and so far I haven't read anything that points to it being possible, but still- is it possible?!

And then the sort of moral question of do I really want to keep these characters with these skills? Sigh.

I'd be really happy if I could be sure about not bricking the game- the second question I'll have to answer myself obviously :) It doesn't seem logical to me as there is no way to actually know for sure about any of the "normal" skills if they were acquired legitimately by someone else, but still.

You won't get bricked/shadowbanned/what have you from buying aptitude lol. Maybe the person hacked it on or got it another way, but even if someone hacks on skills, when you are able to buy the skill it doesn't really matter how they got it on there. You won't get in any trouble for it!

Thanks for your quick reply! I'm a little annoyed at myself now though :) and wondering about what I'll do. I started playing knowing I'd probably do another run at some point anyway so maybe this will just be my test run, sort of. Oh well. :)

Any skill that the game lets you buy from an online castle is fine. If a skill would get someone shadowbanned, then 99.9% of the time that person's castle wouldn't be possible to visit anyway because they'd be the ones shadowbanned. As far as I know there's no way to maliciously cause another player's file to get corrupted in a way that would ban them.

Thanks for your quick reply! I'm a little annoyed at myself now though :) and wondering about what I'll do. I started playing knowing I'd probably do another run at some point anyway so maybe this will just be my test run, sort of. Oh well. :)

I actually had the same problem. I got Aptitude on my Avatar without knowing that you couldn't normally get Aptitude on your Avatar. I just removed the skill from the active skill list and went with that, but I still don't feel very proud of myself.

EDIT: And a big Thank You to the OP for doing a list like this! I think something like this belongs on the main Fates page, too, so people can look up which skills are legal and which aren't immediately without having to scroll through the forum.

Edited by DragonFlames

I actually had the same problem. I got Aptitude on my Avatar without knowing that you couldn't normally get Aptitude on your Avatar. I just removed the skill from the active skill list and went with that, but I still don't feel very proud of myself.

Ha, I did the same thing. I hadn't looked through all the possibilities beforehand and figured it would be possible to acquire the skill somehow, through a friend seal or whatever. Unequipped it, but still. :/

And I agree with you; thank you Flareblade. I wish I had stumbled onto this sooner!

Dancing Blade, Dual Guarder, Tactical Advice, Solidarity, Ignis, and Rally Spectrum are male only.

wKAHdM.jpg

Not when women have this skill. Nohrian Trust. You use it with a paired male with Ignis to get them to use this. Effie...to be honest benefits from this attacking skill more than anything else for her highest Str cap in the game which is 50 if in her General class. =]

K3zzGg.jpg

XYWzus.jpg

uIKlDT.jpg

ZnXnls.jpg

This don't stop players from having these kind of characters in their castles and not getting banned. But...it's just that they can't have enemy only skills.

Another thing to note is that legit or not, DLC skills cannot be bought at all from the Logbook or from another player's castle team. They do stay on the unit if recruited from the castle team or Logbook though.

Only cuz they want you to purchase the other paths and DLC to get these skills.

Edited by PuffPuff

Not when women have this skill. Nohrian Trust. You use it with a paired male with Ignis to get them to use this. Effie...to be honest benefits from this attacking skill more than anything else for her highest Str cap in the game which is 50 if in her General class. =]

This don't stop players from having these kind of characters in their castles and not getting banned. But...it's just that they can't have enemy only skills.

Only cuz they want you to purchase the other paths and DLC to get these skills.

True, but on story units, Nohrian Trust is only legitimate on Corrin and all child units. This means that it's illegitimate on non-Corrin first generation ladies like Elise and Effie (basically, Nohrian Trust is just one of several skills that can tip off a player looking at your team that you either cheated or got the skill(s) secondhand from a hacker). If considering all possible units in the game, the only playable units that can have Nohrian Trust legitimately are Corrin, all child units, and bond units. Also, the point of the OP is to list what skills are legit on what story units.

True, the security on cheats suck. Of course, players who hate facing against hackers can just blacklist you and not give you the satisfaction of beating them in battle should they encounter you in PvP.

That's pretty much the point of DLC skills not being open for purchase from castle teams.

Edited by Roflolxp54