My Craziest Fire Emblem RNG Experience EVER.

When I was playing through Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation (on Lunatic mode) I had what quite possibly was my most insane RNG experience in my entire life. For as long as I can remember, I've never really experienced something like this in Fire Emblem, or just video games in general, so you can guess how amazed I was when this happened to me. My Avatar (Kenneth) was on defense during the Enemy Phase in Chapter 7: Unspeakable World of Revelation. He had his Dragonstone equipped, so I wasn't worried. He held off two enemies like it was nothing, and it didn't seem like the third (a cavalier) was going to be much of a threat. However, I was fairly certain that I was going to take some damage from the encounter and I would have to finish off the cavalier on the next turn due to Kenneth's low skill and crit rate. Boy, was I wrong. My enemy missed a 79% shot, then I activated a 6% Dragon Fang and a 1% critical AT THE EXACT SAME TIME. I was stunned, so I did some calculations and found some staggering numbers. Here is the math:

79% chance for successful enemy attack, making the miss chance .21 or 21%. Then we take into account the activation of Dragon Fang, which is 75% of the skill statistic for the attacker. My avatar had an original skill statistic of 11, which was decreased by 3 due to the Dragonstone for a total of 8 skill. 8 X .75 = 6, giving us a .06 or 6% chance. Finally, we have the critical hit rate, which was only a measly .01 or 1%. To find the grand total percentage for all of these happening in the exact same combat we use the following equation: .21 X .06 X .01 = y, which gives us a final percentage of y = .000126% or a 1 in 7936.5 chance.

This is basically the Shiny Pokémon of Fire Emblem.

What do you guys think? Let me know!

(Also, please let me know if this kind of post violates any of the Serenes Forest Codes of Conduct. If it does, I will stop these kinds of posts immediately. Thank you.)

Edited by KoolioKenneth

Your math's a wee bit off. FE's hit RNG has been changed up a bit. More details, and props to the author for all that work.

Here's a thread of RNG stories, for reading purposes ONLY.

Alas, the weirdest RNG-related thing that's happened to me as of late is one of my bond units gaining everything except for HP on-level.

So lucky. I'm never lucky. I have 99% and miss, their team have 46% and get critical.

yeah, it turns out that 99% and 46% aren't 100% and 0%

I just had the CRAZIEST RNG luck in PvP.

First. My Saizo got two Lethalities. Not one. TWO. Then, my Sakura hit a Selkie with a 55% hit rate and my Avatar chimed in with her 58% rate.

THEN. ZOOWEE MAMA. You won't believe this.

Azura was in range of their Corrin. They sent them to fight my Azura, and I knew it was over for her. They would deal 42 damage with a 100% hit rate.

But then... she activated Pavise, and lived at 2 HP. THEN. THEN. She procc'd Luna and I knew it wouldn't hit because she had a 38% hit rate.

It hit. And she also critted it, with an 11% chance to do so. My mind was literally blown.

I just had the CRAZIEST RNG luck in PvP.

First. My Saizo got two Lethalities. Not one. TWO. Then, my Sakura hit a Selkie with a 55% hit rate and my Avatar chimed in with her 58% rate.

THEN. ZOOWEE MAMA. You won't believe this.

Azura was in range of their Corrin. They sent them to fight my Azura, and I knew it was over for her. They would deal 42 damage with a 100% hit rate.

But then... she activated Pavise, and lived at 2 HP. THEN. THEN. She procc'd Luna and I knew it wouldn't hit because she had a 38% hit rate.

It hit. And she also critted it, with an 11% chance to do so. My mind was literally blown.

Wow. That's crazy.

Easy way to Dragon Fang/Crit proc: Killing Edge, Skill boon, (Hoshidan Unity or Quixotic)

Edited by Based Goomy