FE8 Unit Count

kramerman342

I'm making a simple personal hack with unit replacements, but after going (specifically) past 51 allies, I'm noticing that resetting VBA and then restarting the chapter that I'm on causes the game to cut all allies that are "past" that 51 character limit. Is there a way to combat this and keep every character? I'm not good at modding and really would like to keep this simple if possible. Thank you all in advance!

Not without a lot of rewriting. There's only space for 50 player units, 50 enemies, and 18? allied units in WRAM; the 51st player unit would overwrite the enemy units. You're just going to have to deal with 50, sorry.

I knew about the in-chapter limitation, but I'm talking about in the unit selection/item management interfaces alone. I only added a few units to each chapter, therefore the units don't disappear off the maps, but rather from in the unit "pool" i have gathered. I'm sorry to ask again if you already answered this, but is it for the same reason??

I knew about the in-chapter limitation, but I'm talking about in the unit selection/item management interfaces alone. I only added a few units to each chapter, therefore the units don't disappear off the maps, but rather from in the unit "pool" i have gathered. I'm sorry to ask again if you already answered this, but is it for the same reason??

It kind of is (the game doesn't allot memory for units in those slots).

I'm sure I'm wrong, but I feel as though it should be as simple as allotting more memory by adding 00s. (I'm sure my limited knowledge is shining now if not before haha)

EDIT: Nevermind, you said it DOESN'T allot memory. My bad.

Edited by kramerman342

You may want to try FE6 if you want 50+ ally units. The game itself has 54 playable characters, 62 if you include the trial map ones.