Proper Hot Spring Use?

I'm not sure why but every time I try to use the hot spring guys are bathing and they don't want me there. Is it based on time of day or level of the spring or am I just really unlucky?

You're only allowed in the hot springs if the occupants are the same gender as you; otherwise, you're kicked out (as you may already know). Whoever's bathing in there is decided at random, so you're just unlucky.

Well some of the opposite gender actually don't mind which is pretty funny. Probably more girls than boys, though. But if any of the others don't want you there you get booted.

It's random but it does seem the probability of that happening is rather high, although you can just go back in again afterwards and should get normal stuff, if you're not sitting alone anyway. Walk-ins only seem to happen once per day or something.

And no I don't think it has a purpose. If we had the Fatigue system though it'd probably get rid of some fatigue, which would be cool. (but fatigue is still dumb so)

It would be cool if battles could take place in the hot spring a la Beach Brawl DLC, and for a certain number of battles that you won, you could randomly get those wacky joke weapons (bottle, radish, etc.) or even one of the personalized weapons. It's too bad its only purpose is to creep on units, though.

Edited by Weekender

The Private Quarters building looks really big, so I'm willing to think that they're all housed there, at least in Revelation. For Birthright and Conquest, I assume the Hoshidans and Nohrians go back to their respective castles/homes.

It would be special dialogue because it's your spouse, so if you give them the towel they're more likely to show up there

Can you still get special dialogue with your spouse in the hot spring even if you don't give them a head towel?

Yeah the head towel just makes them show up more often. I found that if I give them the towel, go do a battle, they're usually there afterwards.

I wanted to have family bathing bonding time, by giving Ryoma, Kana, and Shiro head towels. But alas it's not a thing that can happen =( I encountered just Kana and Shiro in the bath once, and got chased out. Shiro treats me the same whether I'm his mother or I'm unrelated to him. I guess he's too old to want to bathe with his mom XD

Edited by MapleRose

The Hot Spring used to have another feature outside of just recruiting Izana/Fuga. In the Japanese version, you could control the camera to get a better look of the other participants. But this feature was removed in the localization.

6U7Ylyi.jpg

LaOZWuU.jpg

Well some of the opposite gender actually don't mind which is pretty funny. Probably more girls than boys, though. But if any of the others don't want you there you get booted.

Even if the character's fine with it, Corrin still freaks out and leaves though, unless it's your spouse. Such an innocent soul.

The Hot Spring used to have another feature outside of just recruiting Izana/Fuga. In the Japanese version, you could control the camera to get a better look of the other participants. But this feature was removed in the localization.

6U7Ylyi.jpg

LaOZWuU.jpg

For anyone who didn't play the Japanese version and is upset they missed this:

don't be. The models look awful 90% of the time, they were not meant to be viewed this close, and the water effect is terrible. They sit stone-still in weird positions, their low-poly hands look absurd and fin-like, and the water draws attention to their faces, which are flat and awkward.

The guys don't even have nipples

I actually haven't encountered any of the ladies since I upgraded the hot Springs to level 3. I've only used it like ten times tops across all my playtime, but I just want to see the hilarity of my Corrin getting chased out of hot springs again.

Awww.... I kinda wonder why they took that out, when they kept in the underwear models in the accessory shop and through raider weapons....

For anyone who didn't play the Japanese version and is upset they missed this:
don't be. The models look awful 90% of the time, they were not meant to be viewed this close, and the water effect is terrible. They sit stone-still in weird positions, their low-poly hands look absurd and fin-like, and the water draws attention to their faces, which are flat and awkward.
The guys don't even have nipples

But, but look at Niles's face! Dat expression XD

If you want different characters to go into the hot spring, give them a Head Towel accessory. Already suggested. Maybe it's something about time of day?

Edited by Based Goomy

That would've been fun to use.

...Wow.

The fact that the models are uhhh honestly not as nice as Awakening's (imo) makes me no less upset that feature was removed. Thanks for bringing it up, time to check the Team If Content Restoration Thread, because there's no reason for that to be missing~!

The main use the Hot Spring has is recruiting a character (Izana in Birthright and Conquest; Fuga in Revelation) once it's level 3.

Pretty much. I havent seen any real spouse special dialogue. I should try that.

6U7Ylyi.jpg

LaOZWuU.jpg

Aww thats a pity. Capturing a good "aww yiss" moment is a favorite past time of mine.