FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

27 minutes ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Yes I know what it's referencing mythologically speaking but Raquesis is stuck up enough the fancy ass French flair fits.

There is nothing French sounding about "Raquesis".

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Lachesis is the name of one of the Three Fates of Greek mythology, so yeah. It IS a real name, and fits in with FE wholesale lifting names from mythology all the time.

Has anyone managed to get this to run on PSP? No matter what SNES EMU I use it doesn't work, but the game runs fine if i load the game clean without a patch.

Runs fine on pc with patch however. 

Edited by Lucis

8 hours ago, Lucis said:

Has anyone managed to get this to run on PSP? No matter what SNES EMU I use it doesn't work, but the game runs fine if i load the game clean without a patch.

What emulator are you using out of curiosity?

10 hours ago, Lucis said:

The PSP SNES emulators IIRC are kinda old so they may not support the expanded ROM size.

On 1/27/2017 at 8:37 AM, Dayni said:

What emulator are you using out of curiosity?

Snes9x, Snes9x Euphoria, Snes9x TYL, none seem to work. 

On 1/27/2017 at 9:43 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

The PSP SNES emulators IIRC are kinda old so they may not support the expanded ROM size.

That makes sense. Would this translation happen to be exceptionally larger than other FE4 translations? I find it odd that I can get Thracia to run but not FE 3 or 4. 

Just now, Lucis said:

That makes sense. Would this translation happen to be exceptionally larger than other FE4 translations? I find it odd that I can get Thracia to run but not FE 3 or 4. 

Indeed it is; a patched Project Naga ROM is 8MB big. The vanilla game and older translations are only 4MB, for comparison.

4 minutes ago, Darrman said:

Indeed it is; a patched Project Naga ROM is 8MB big. The vanilla game and older translations are only 4MB, for comparison.

Ok thank you. Guess I'd have to rely on older translations for psp use?

Finally got around to finishing a run. Here are some things:
In Barhara, if Oifey is married his wife doesn't appear or speak at all. His lover was Patty in this case.
Verdane's epilogue (with Jamke's son inheriting it) breaks and messes with the rest of the remaining text
Silesse became a democratic state, I guess. Only Hawke is mentioned (and is apparently a plural noun though this might just be a side effect of something I did). Lewyn's son (Cairpre) completely disappeared in the wind. you reap what you sow lewyn 10/10, would revisit this exact outcome again

XxO3GNB.pnghoxOeWX.pngRwjTpuN.png

Oh and the game crashes after the game clear results. Not a big deal.

So, i've ran into a problem and it prevents me from playing the game. As soon as i press start on the title screen, the bottom of the screen glitches a bit and then the game softlocks itself. It might be something simple but i'm just too stupid to understand.

18 hours ago, DDS said:

Are you using a Japanese ROM with the right checksum, and the right patch depending on whether it has a header or not?

Also, the majority of my testing has been done on Snes9X and Bsnes, so I can't vouch for it working on other emulators, such as Zsnes.

I'm not sure about the checksum, i'll check that soon. I'm pretty sure it's the right patch considering the other patch didn't even let me open the rom.

I'm using Snes9X as the emulator though.

Had a funny weird bug, forgot to screencap it, but when the Ullur guys left for Jungby in the ending, I saw Faval (father was Holyn), Lester (father was Midir), both unpaired, but then I also saw.... generic mustache villager man, whom Celice oddly referred to as "Sigurd". Only Faval and Lester entered Barhara castle, and only they left it, too, so lolwhat.

10 hours ago, DDS said:

Cairpre was not mentioned in the ending, but then again, the few blocks of text dedicated to the Silesse epilogue only seem to support mention of the second generation wind mage, their wife, and Erin's children and their lovers.

So given the option between a lowborn Hero of Manster and any of Lewyn's twerps, history chooses to remember the former every time? That's amazing.

Will the names be changed to the ones on the Heroes website? Genealogy has the most updated names

Sorry in advance if it has been asked before

Edited by Jerek

4 hours ago, jrispone19 said:

I need help patching, I patch it, and it says File was successfully patched!, but I run it and it says, bad checksum. Please help.

You're using the right rom, just get a clean version and apply the other patch. The problem is that you applied a patch to a version of the rom that doesn't quite match. The other one should work just fine.