FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Darrman said:

What emulator are you using? This patch has been out for almost two years. If there really was a bug like so, someone would have reported it long ago. 

...which is why I don't understand why it was not brought up and how did people got around that. I have tried the patching successfully, even downloaded a ROM already patched with the Naga translation and it would always freeze at the title screen after pressing start.

I'm using Snes9x+ on my Android. 

Edited by mii
more info

22 hours ago, mii said:

...which is why I don't understand why it was not brought up and how did people got around that. I have tried the patching successfully, even downloaded a ROM already patched with the Naga translation and it would always freeze at the title screen after pressing start.

I'm using Snes9x+ on my Android. 

Patch works fine on Snes9x for Windows, Snes9x via Retroarch on Wii, Snes9x via Retroarch on n3DS, the standalone Snes9x port to o3DS, and most importantly, higan. If it works on higan but not other emulators, then the problem is with those other emulators, unfortunately.

Alternatively, you may have used the wrong patch for your ROM (example, using the headered version patch on an unheadered ROM). Verify that the ROM works on Snes9x on your computer before attempting to play it on your mobile device.

On 14/05/2018 at 1:19 PM, Darrman said:

https://bookofholsety.dreamwidth.org/59527.html

It's FE4's anniversary today, and a Project Naga status update has just arrived.

Oh damn, an update on the patch. Am I living in a dream?

But honestly, I am glad we finally got to see more progress on FE4 :D

It's FE4's anniversary today, and a Project Naga status update has just arrived.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There will be a progress update when there's a progress update. As for when the progress update will be, it will come once the script is completely revised. As for when the script revisions will be complete, I have no idea.

On 9/4/2018 at 12:15 PM, Gammus said:

Does anyone happen to have a savestate for the beginning of Chapter 3 that they'd be willing to upload? I accidentally overwrote my file on the emulator I'm using 

I have a save for chapter 3. The first save slot is the beginning of chapter 3. The rest are all various midpoints in chapter 3. The saves are from Snes9x but should work in most other emulators.

Fire Emblem - Genealogy of the Holy War.oops

Fire Emblem - Genealogy of the Holy War.srm