Best maid/butler?

Best maid/butler? (excluding reclasses and troubadours)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Best manservant?

So, someone made a thread about who's the best ninja. This thread is similar, but with the maid/butler class. For the purposes of this debate, only Jakob, Felicia and Flora are considered, excluding those who can reclass into it (Charlotte, Effie, Leo, Shigure, Corn w/ Troubadour talent) and those who can promote into it (Elise, Troubadour!Corn, Dwyer, Forrest).

So, who's the best manservant in your opinion?

Edited by FluffyWarlock

Jakob is meh, he's good, but I've seen better.

Give a Flame Shuriken to Felicia and watch the magic happens.

Flora would be good if she didn't join the army so late.

Edited by Nym

Jakob is meh, he's good, but I seen better.

Give a Flame Shuriken to Felicia and watch the magic happens.

Flora would be good if she didn't join the army so late.

I'd rather give Felicia her icy plate that has her name on it for the sole fact that the Flame Shuriken drops her Avo by 20, while her plate only lowers it by 10. At least, Saizo can afford the -20 avoidance hit since he's the bulkiest of the ninja trio.

Edited by FluffyWarlock

Jakob is the physical one that would be the most likely vulnerable to beastslayers (since his alternatives are Strategist, Paladin and GK). Felicia is the magical-based servant that can heal you for much more HP, but would need a magical weapon to be offensively useful and in spite of that, gets reclass options that are physical-based (Hero and Bow Knight). Flora is kind of the middle ground, having better Magic growths than Jakob, but better Strength growths than either one and got more reclass options (from the Dark Mage and Mercenary trees), but is only available on Conquest and Revelation and is a Cornsexual, meaning that she can only benefit from pair-ups when paired with the avatar.

Edited by FluffyWarlock

I mean as a character Jakob is the best for the reasons stated above, but I'm usually in need of healers, so I utilize Felicia and Dwyer more. Reclass Felicia to a Strategist and you're golden.

Felicia, because Jakob should be a Paladin rather than a Butler. :P

In general, I'm not a big fan of the class. Felicia works well enough as a Maid, but I prefer her as a Dark Flier for the very early Galeforce.

I've never used Flora before, but even if I did I think I would prefer her as a Sorceror. /:

The only time I've used the class is with Asugi because his weapon rank and balanced Str/Mag fit the class well.

Edited by Volo

Jakob for me. Whenever I try to use Felicia (whether it be chapter 16 or chapter 6) she always gets benched in favor of other people. I also just have a really good Jakob on my Birthright file.

I always end up with a good Jakob, but the maids tend to get stat screwed on my files so they get benched and I use Jakob (plus I love the anime Black Butler and Jakob reminds me of Sebastian in many ways).

I actually prefer Felicia. Jacob's problem is that Butler is not his best class, and he's outclassed by others in the cast (Xander, Dwyer with the appropriate mom, etc.) at the classes he's actually good at. His best use is to reclass to a +MOV pair-up class, be Corrin's backpack, and never do anything else ever.

Felicia, on the other hand, with a quick reclass to Strategist, leaves me with very little reason to use Sakura or Elise (which makes me sad, because the other little sister and best little sister deserve to be loved). It's very unlikely she'll ever be a competent combatant (though RNGesus loved me during my first playthrough of the game, and had her slaughtering everything), but at least you can argue it is her best class due to growths.

Flora's too busy setting herself on fire waiting until you've already got a powerful core group to even be relevant to the discussion.

Felicia is pretty good with the flame shuriken and Jacob usually gets benched. Now if we are judging their skill as a regular servant such as cleaning and whatnot it would probably be Flora, but I still think Felicia is best.

I actually prefer Felicia. Jacob's problem is that Butler is not his best class, and he's outclassed by others in the cast (Xander, Dwyer with the appropriate mom, etc.) at the classes he's actually good at. His best use is to reclass to a +MOV pair-up class, be Corrin's backpack, and never do anything else ever.

Felicia, on the other hand, with a quick reclass to Strategist, leaves me with very little reason to use Sakura or Elise (which makes me sad, because the other little sister and best little sister deserve to be loved). It's very unlikely she'll ever be a competent combatant (though RNGesus loved me during my first playthrough of the game, and had her slaughtering everything), but at least you can argue it is her best class due to growths.

Flora's too busy setting herself on fire waiting until you've already got a powerful core group to even be relevant to the discussion.

Meanwhile, you need DLC to let Felicia use dragon veins, so Sakura and Elise would still be required.

From a gameplay perspective, Felicia. Her Magic growth makes sure that she won't fall behind as a healer (as opposed to Jakob, who really is in the wrong class for his growths), and giving her a Flame Shuriken makes her an excellent attacker, even against mages.

From a story/characterization perspective, Flora wins hands down, for having more interesting personality in her few story scenes and two supports than Felicia and Jakob have in all of their supports.

Jakob, because his personal skill is the best. He (and Felicia) always turn out to be shitty units, but Jakob makes a great guard stance partner for Femui on Lunatic!Conquest.

As a unit, I like Felicia the most because she remains a useful support unit while Jakob falls off pretty hard in comparison.

As a character I much prefer Flora to the other two.

Jakob. For one, I am slightly biased as I tend to play as a female. For two, early game, I find Jakob's personal to be the better of the two, combined with the fact that he can actually do damage--even if it is chip damage. His healing is adequate for what is. (Plus he has a quirky accent that I love.)

I played as a male and Felicia did her job, though I noticed it took a bit longer because she didn't really provide the chip damage that Jakob had. By the chapter you get Kaze and Sakura, her roles had been filled but I did use her as pair-up fodder.

Flora joins too late. Felicia need Flame Shuriken. Jakob had physical damage

As a base class, Jakob is the best early simply because early game his offense is more helpful. Felicia is edges out on being Pair Up bot, which is nice because Conquest is severely lacking on this without resource dumping.

Flora joins way too late and she's oractically just a Staffbot.

Honestly making them a base class is a waste of their potential since Jakob and Felicia had the best customization option out of anyone in the game, even rivalling Corrin.

Also shoutout for Jakob for giving you Dwyer. Contrary to the general view on him, Dwyer is probably one of the most balance shattering child in Conquest, just below Ophelia. Seriously Dwyer is ridiculous

Edited by JSND

Jakob, because his personal skill is the best. He (and Felicia) always turn out to be shitty units, but Jakob makes a great guard stance partner for Femui on Lunatic!Conquest.

Jakob. For one, I am slightly biased as I tend to play as a female. For two, early game, I find Jakob's personal to be the better of the two, combined with the fact that he can actually do damage--even if it is chip damage. His healing is adequate for what is. (Plus he has a quirky accent that I love.)

I played as a male and Felicia did her job, though I noticed it took a bit longer because she didn't really provide the chip damage that Jakob had. By the chapter you get Kaze and Sakura, her roles had been filled but I did use her as pair-up fodder.

I'm confused as to what'd make Jakob's personal the better one, because IMHO, personal skill wise, he got the short straw relative to Felicia and Gunter (who's irrelevant to this discussion, but still) - only half of the bonus he gives to Corrin's all that useful (the damage reduction), thanks to evade tanking being practically destroyed as a strategy in Fates.

Anyways, went with Felicia, in large part because I prefer to play as a male.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia