MrKisuke

I understand that there are 9 sets of growths that the game uses in FE5 to determine random enemy stats and I have found them, but I wonder if there is a way to alter the pointers so that certain classes only pull from certain growths. I've checked the data via nightmare and windhex to try and see patterns, but no luck. I'd like to take those 9 growths, like with physical 1&2 and fighter 1&2 and change them to be more speed or defense oriented and assign swordmasters or generals to the appropriate growths. Does anyone know where this data can be found?

I understand that there are 9 sets of growths that the game uses in FE5 to determine random enemy stats and I have found them, but I wonder if there is a way to alter the pointers so that certain classes only pull from certain growths. I've checked the data via nightmare and windhex to try and see patterns, but no luck. I'd like to take those 9 growths, like with physical 1&2 and fighter 1&2 and change them to be more speed or defense oriented and assign swordmasters or generals to the appropriate growths. Does anyone know where this data can be found?

According to the website, its by individual enemy, not by class, so you can and do have, say, priests with "fighter 2" growths if the game wants them to be hard to capture. try looking in the enemy unit data.

Source: http://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/classes/growth-rates/ scroll down to "classes", and note that the same class can have multiple growths.

So where within the data would I find this? I looked in the army data both in nightmare and windhex and didn't find anything that looked like it should be growths related. There's a bunch of 'unknown' values after the inventory pointers, but they don't look to be what I'm looking for unless I'm missing something.

So where within the data would I find this? I looked in the army data both in nightmare and windhex and didn't find anything that looked like it should be growths related. There's a bunch of 'unknown' values after the inventory pointers, but they don't look to be what I'm looking for unless I'm missing something.

I admit that i have never actualy looked in FE5's data structure, and old vidio games have a habit of doing things in realy "hacky" ways. For example, it's entierly possible that growth catagory is based on some combination of other, seemingly unrelated facters (like chapter number), or is picked randomly (although probbly not, because you would expect more variation then you actualy see), or is hardcoded using an entirely different table or script.

Edited by sirmola