[FE8] Wizardry Request Topic

Crazycolorz5

No Real Subsection Seems To Fit This

I want to encourage hacking in FE8, as well as increase the amount of available hacks and documentation for it in general.

So I'd like to put this out as a request thread for assembly hacks/engine modifications/etc. for me to do. To be clear, request only if you are interested in seeing the hack in FE8.

I reserve the right to refuse any request (some things can be deceptively hardimpossible).

That said, feel free to request things that may sound difficult, as some things can also be easier than they seem. Also I can do some cool stuff.

Anyone want to start?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

Also TRS shields.

Can you give me specific specifications on how they work? Think about boundary cases too.

Edit: Do the stat bonuses show up on the stat screen? Like weapon equip bonuses.

Dismounting, I'd love to have it in my FE 8 hack. (mostly to piss off everyone)

OK

Str/Mag split.

OK

Thracia fatigue system. (again, to piss off people)

How does this work, specifically?

Edited by Crazycolorz5

How does this work, specifically?

I believe:

Each time a character acts (fights, steals, dances, opens doors/chests, heals), Fatigue +1

If a character's Fatigue > their max HP, they cannot participate in the next chapter.

If a character does not participate in a chapter, their Fatigue is reset at the end of that chapter.

Can you give me specific specifications on how they work? Think about boundary cases too.

TRS shields work by boosting def, but they have durability that depletes when the character holding the shield takes a hit. Once the shields durability runs out, no more shield or def boost.

This is how it works:

if a unit's fatigue stat is higher than his/her/its hit points, they won't be able to fight for the next chapter. The way to get fatigued is to first off get hit by ballistae because Thracia loved its ballistae, then there's fighting, healing etc. There are also stamina drinks that set your fatigue to 0, and the main character can't get fatigued.

The only thing difficult sounding with fatigue that I wouldn't want to do is making some kind of indicator or bar for it on the unit menu. But if I can get @circleseverywhere on board with it, I'll do it.

Mostly it's a concern since you'd have to change the menu around for that bar, but then if you wanted a magic split, it'd require a completely different menu.

TRS shields work by boosting def, but they have durability that depletes when the character holding the shield takes a hit. Once the shields durability runs out, no more shield or def boost.

^Dat^

Edit: Do the stat bonuses show up on the stat screen? Like weapon equip bonuses.

Yeap, also, the shield with the highest defense bonus should have priority. wink wink

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rxeq15o4rhnzew/Dismount%201.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j54y0zzsn0f3881/Dismount%202.png?dl=0

Trying to get Dismount/Mount done tonight. Then will restructure the save files as an extension of my suspend expansion hack and go for Str/Mag.

(Also, the editor yells at me when I try to embed those images, so, *shrug*)

(Also, the editor yells at me when I try to embed those images, so, *shrug*)

For some reason SF doesn't take dropbox image. Use Photobucket or Imgur for that.

Also wow, dismount!

I did a tech demo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51bMPF0xexo

also idk how to embed and idk how to spoiler but it's worth a click i swear

Check out the rest of my tech demos in my sig, while you're at it.

Edit to say I'll make a thread for it soon with a release. But too lazy right now.

Edited by Crazycolorz5