[FE8] Wizardry Request Topic

Crazycolorz5

Could you possibly replace Eirika with Hector? Also replace the Rapier with Wolf Beil and Sieglinde with Armads. I imagine this will be hilariously game-breaking.

Edited by Nimbostratus

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you possibly replace Eirika with Hector? Also replace the Rapier with Wolf Beil and Sieglinde with Armads. I imagine this will be hilariously game-breaking.

Sorry, that's out of scope of my skill set.

You can do that with nightmare brah.

What the heck, adding Hector is just like making any other new character in Nightmare/Feditor, it doesn't require any programming.

Or you can be CC and just do it in EA

as an FE5 expert I can get behind all those FE5-related recommendations except dismount, I don't think there is any way to make that work well enough to be worth using; FE3, 4, and 5 all failed at its implementation

unless the characters can use their original weapons (of which at that, what would be the point of dismount but for flavor and flavor is a lot of extra man hours for little) it's just an incredible inconvenience and disservice to the characters in question

one thing I'd like to have as a matter of convenience, if it hasn't been done already (and if I ever actually utilize my ideas) is to have trade-locking of items as an item flag

Edited by Lamia

Seconding Lamia on tradelocking - that would be marvelous.

Dismount/mount is already finished and implemented so I can't complain.

as an FE5 expert I can get behind all those FE5-related recommendations except dismount, I don't think there is any way to make that work well enough to be worth using; FE3, 4, and 5 all failed at its implementation

unless the characters can use their original weapons (of which at that, what would be the point of dismount but for flavor and flavor is a lot of extra man hours for little) it's just an incredible inconvenience and disservice to the characters in question

one thing I'd like to have as a matter of convenience, if it hasn't been done already (and if I ever actually utilize my ideas) is to have trade-locking of items as an item flag

Seconding Lamia on tradelocking - that would be marvelous.

Dismount/mount is already finished and implemented so I can't complain.

This is something that circleseverywhere has done.

Also, it wasn't that many extra man-hours. Took me an afternoon :P. Flaaavor.

TRS did it too

The only thing I can think of that's handy about dismounting is the loss of weakness from horse-slaying weapons. Other than that I can't really think of any other uses to it. But it's nevertheless nice to have.

(another stupid question) Is it possible to have more branches for promotions? (like in Gaiden where villagers could promote to 5 different classes)

Also is it possible to make Gaiden's way of getting magic? (level-ups at certain levels) And if so, can you also make it be based on affininities? (for example, fire affinity would let you learn fire at level 1, then elfire at level 10, then at level 15 meteor and finally level 20 ragnarok, or ice with wind, elwind, blizzard and fimbulvetr etc.)

Edited by Glacoe

(another stupid question) Is it possible to have more branches for promotions? (like in Gaiden where villagers could promote to 5 different classes)

Also is it possible to make Gaiden's way of getting magic? (level-ups at certain levels) And if so, can you also make it be based on affininities? (for example, fire affinity would let you learn fire at level 1, then elfire at level 10, then at level 15 meteor and finally level 20 ragnarok, or ice with wind, elwind, blizzard and fimbulvetr etc.)

Holy moly, this is good.

jj has already done 3 branches per class. More than that seems infeasible due to the display.

Magic based on level is doable but I'm not looking to implement that right now...

Can we get a tag applicable to character/class that makes them heal HP at the beginning of their phase, as if they were on a fortress? Additionally, for the sadists: units that heal all of their HP at the beginning of their phase.

Can we get a tag applicable to character/class that makes them heal HP at the beginning of their phase, as if they were on a fortress? Additionally, for the sadists: units that heal all of their HP at the beginning of their phase.

Also already done, renewal effect, though I should probably make an EA installer for it when I have the time.

You know what the forgotten, cool FE5 mechanic was? The fact that you could change the menus to whatever colour you wanted with RGB bars. TRS had it too, but it'd probably be a bitch to implement.

You know what the forgotten, cool FE5 mechanic was? The fact that you could change the menus to whatever colour you wanted with RGB bars. TRS had it too, but it'd probably be a bitch to implement.

Nothing has sounded like more of a pain to implement.

It wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that GBAFE's customization menu doesn't have any sliding bars, so there's nothing to copy off of. It might be easier if there was, like, grid bars like in the newer games, but I'm not writing code to read inputs and update a bar in assembly.

So, tl;dr, no.