If PoR and RD were to be remade into an HD bundle collection, what kind of Amiibo functionality should it have?

Anacybele

This is just a hypothetical scenario we're talking here of course, not even I really expect this to happen anytime soon. :P

But if there were to be an HD Tellius bundle made and it was to have Amiibo functionality, what kind would it have or do you think it should have?

Obviously, the Marth, Robin, Roy, and Lucina Amiibo would probably add the respective characters to the game in the same vein that Fates does. Just the character with a few unique skills, and no support convos or anything. But that leaves Ike, who's already the star of these two games! I think that if you scan in the Ike Amiibo, you should be able to unlock special maps or conversations. Maybe weapons too. But maps make the most sense to me because PoR had the trial map thing.

Oh, and this isn't all I'm thinking of! If you scan Marth, Robin, Roy, or Lucina into your PoR file, complete the game and transfer the data to an RD file, then scan the Amiibo again, you get these units at higher levels with more skills and they'll recall having fought in Tellius at Ike's side before. Ike will recognize them from the PoR adventure as well, meaning a little extra new dialogue will be involved too.

Would this be cool and convince fans to buy Tellius even if they've already bought/played the games before? I still don't expect Tellius to be re-released anytime soon (except maybe RD on the Wii VC), but we can still hope it happens eventually, and that it has things to interest fans. :)

Edited by Anacybele

You pretty said every idea I had in my head.

Unless the Ike amiibo could add a Epilogue for the after game.

That way, we could know where he went after the story.

Edited by Nym

I think Ike's amiibo unlocking post-game challenge maps would be pretty cool, similar to what they did with the Zelda games. I think the other's functioning similar to Fates in which they function as normal units without an impact on story would be reasonable (although it would be fun to even have a single support conversation for the sake of humour).

I would also like to see at least one amiibo created for the game like Wolf Link, probably Micky. A BK or even Greil amiibo would be nice.

Edited by Zelgius

I don't like the idea of adding extra content to the game since imo it sort of distracts the player from the main core of the game itself. I'd totally buy it since it's my second favorite FE regardless of dlc or extra functions. If anything, I'd say amiibo should add weapons or something. I dislike DLC at all.

I would also like to see at least one amiibo created for the game like Wolf Link, probably Micky. A BK or even Greil amiibo would be nice.

Oh yes, though I would vote for Elincia because she's a female lead in both games. Black Knight would be good too though. But I wonder what they would do?

Could Elincia unlock an ending with Ike? :3

Edited by Anacybele

I'm up for this idea. I'd like subtitles for the PoR cutscenes, though. Or at least make the dialogue louder than the sound.

In terms of amiibos, pretty much what you said. Do what they did with Fates. But for Ike, yeah, add an post-end-game chapter or something that leads into RD. Or an endgame after RD. Or make Greil playable. Or add a second Ike. Or bring PoR Ike into RD or vice versa, depending on which one you play first.

Still waiting for my chance to add Link into an FE game.

I'm all for playing FE10 with both my favorite lords around and fighting (Roy and Micaiah).

Of course, if it veers even further into a dating simulator, I think I'll pass again.

It would be a long shot, but I would like an in-between-quel of a few maps to be unlocked with Amiibos, but also have it available as DLC, since Amiibos can be rare. It could be a bunch of tough maps, with nice item rewards that could be carried over into RD. Maybe the Marth/Lucina/Robin Amiibos could unlock a few maps that give Ike the idea of traveling out of Tellius once his adventure is over.

Just let me control Roy, so I can get a character in my top FE characters in Tellius.

I like the maps idea, but adding optional pairings thru Amiibo is dumb.

Unless it adds IkexLethe, in which case it's awesome

Of course, if it veers even further into a dating simulator, I think I'll pass again.

I think I'd still play it if this happened (because Ike and all. xP), but I REALLY don't want this either. A Tellius remake needs to stay true to the originals, no New Mystery treatment or marriage system please. Additional paired endings are definitely welcome, even if one or more are locked behind Amiibo, but that's as far as IS should go in the shipping department.

PoR and RD HD just need revamped graphics, new voice actors for Mist and Tibarn (the current ones suck, imo), the cut PoR supports, and a revamped support system and more paired endings for RD.

EDIT: That makes the Ike Amiibo look boring, imo, Doof... I mean, it only gives you the sound test while the others give you full characters? :(

Edited by Anacybele

I think I'd still play it if this happened (because Ike and all. xP), but I REALLY don't want this either. A Tellius remake needs to stay true to the originals, no New Mystery treatment or marriage system please. Additional paired endings are definitely welcome, even if one or more are locked behind Amiibo, but that's as far as IS should go in the shipping department.

PoR and RD HD just need revamped graphics, new voice actors for Mist and Tibarn (the current ones suck, imo), the cut PoR supports, and a revamped support system and more paired endings for RD.

EDIT: That makes the Ike Amiibo look boring, imo, Doof... I mean, it only gives you the sound test while the others give you full characters? :(

I'd add some paired endings so long as they don't actually start getting romantically involved until after the seriousness is over.

"Oh look, the world's ending and everyone's a statue, marry me!"

All things considered the middle of wartime isn't the greatest time to get hitched, at least FE4 implied quite some time passes before conflict flares up between certain chapters.

But that's just me.

None, and they should be ported to the 3DS instead, because handhelds > home consoles

They would only be able to work on the New 3DS if they would work at all and even then they would look worse than they already do (See Xenoblade Chronicles 3-D). So I doubt this would happen, if handheld POR and RD ever happens it's going to be on the NX if it is a handheld and console hybrid.

I'd add some paired endings so long as they don't actually start getting romantically involved until after the seriousness is over.

"Oh look, the world's ending and everyone's a statue, marry me!"

All things considered the middle of wartime isn't the greatest time to get hitched, at least FE4 implied quite some time passes before conflict flares up between certain chapters.

But that's just me.

Yeah, that's why I imagine the weddings to actually take place during more peaceful times, like Chrom's does. :P I have Frederick's and my Robin's wedding take place not long after. I agree, getting married in the middle of a war is just weird.

None, and they should be ported to the 3DS instead, because handhelds > home consoles

No way, home consoles >>> handhelds. The only thing handhelds have over home consoles to me is just that, they're handheld and can be taken anywhere. Otherwise, I like using a big TV screen, the better graphics, and I just overall find GC and Wii and Wii U games to be better than GBA, DS, and 3DS games.

And yeah, a PoR and RD HD bundle on a handheld right now would probably only work on the New 3DS. We want these to be as accessible as possible, and being New 3DS only would kind of hurt that.

Edited by Anacybele

A Tellius collection would easily run on a vanilla 3DS, Xenoblade has a massive open world that requires a ton of processing power. Fire Emblem by comparison is easy.

I would want the Ike Amiibo to unlock another regal sword for Ike because I always wanted to have more then one in the games, the rest do just like in Fates. I would like it if they added more paired endings, but have them like in the original just add a few because some were implied but did not happen. I second the subs for the cut scenes in PoR because I sometimes have to play with the sound off and being able to read what they say like in RD would be wonderful. If they make a new Amiibo for this I would want Micky.

I'd be totally okay if they just added Marth, Roy, Lucina and Robin to the game as bonus characters! :D: And Ike would give Ike bonus stats or your group a new weapon or something. Or bonus maps from their respective games!

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan