More Unpopular Fire Emblem Opinions

Rezzy

Well, it seems the original thread died, and since we have permadeath in Fire Emblem, I can't use the powers of necromancy to raise it, so here's a new thread!

Here's the original thread, if you want to pay your respects. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63125&hl=unpopular&page=1

On to my post...

I like using Est units.

I like single RNG

I like the Bridge map in PoR and RD

I like Micaiah

I prefer caps of 20 for stats on unpromoted units

I think Conquests story was the best of the Fates trilogy

I don't like Bows and Magic being a part of the classic weapon triangle and think shuriken are too OP

I think HP is too low in Fates

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Conquest's story

Nohrrin is my 4th favorite FE character

FE3 > FE11/12

I think Fates actually made this an unpopular opinion, but if it still isn't, I apologize RD has the worst story in the series

I prefer Fates implementation of the kids plotwise to Awakening's method

I don't like Hector, as a unit or character

Eliwood x Lyn is canon

It's nice that someone remembered my old thread

^Um, the kids weren't involved with the plot at all in Fates. Saying "plotwise" makes no sense...

Anyway.

- I don't like Hector much

- Chrom and Lucina are two of the worst characters in the series

- Camilla is also one of the worst

- None of the Nohr cast looks appealing to me, design or character-wise, especially Xander and Camilla

- FE7 is boring and one of the worst games in the series. Bad story, bad characters, for the most part. The only thing I really love in it is Sain. He (and to an extent, Fiora) is literally the only reason I have an Elibe fic.

- I like RD's bloodpact (though it could have had more to it than what was given)

- I'm turned off from playing FE4 considering that the doubling mechanic is only utilized if a unit has a certain skill (which some units don't have) and that the weapon balance is horrendous (ex: the only thing that differs between the different types of Anima tomes is weight. This is especially bad since AS = Speed - Weight). These are only the most notable things that come to mind.
- I hate the fact that Dread Fighters had Tomes be replaced with Shruikens in Fates
- Fates Lunatic should have used FE9's fixed growths instead of the fixed growths system is currently uses
- Weight is a mechanic that should never return (Though the way Fates handled Steel weapons is fine to me)
- Revelations Lunatic is easier than Birthrout Lunatic

- I dislike pretty much everything in Fates.

- Ike is the most awesome "lord" ever

- I don't like characters like Heather or Tharja.

- Blazing Sword's story is probably my favorite.

- I hate Farina's personality.

Am I doing this right?

- I dislike overall the way is played Holy War (some things are obviously better than other, the only good units are the same three)

- I find Ike extremely overrated

- I have never understand what exactly people see in Hector.... With Lyn is another story...

- I like Roy as character

- I love using Ests

- Fates overall is overrated as heck.

- I don't only like Micaiah (This is a controversial opnion more than a unpopular), she also is my favorite lord and character in the whole series, I love her.

- I dislike pretty much everything in Fates.

- Ike is the most awesome "lord" ever

- I don't like characters like Heather or Tharja.

- Blazing Sword's story is probably my favorite.

- I hate Farina's personality.

Am I doing this right?

Sort of. Ike and Blazing Sword aren't exactly unpopular. :P

I don't like the philanderer archetype, Sain, Gatrie, Inigo, etc. I like some of these guys okay, but wish they would knock it off. It gets old.

To go with the above, I really like Soleil's design and want to like her, but show a little restraint, girl.

I wish the lesbian options weren't a creepy stalker, Rhajat or Soleil (above argument, but surprisingly, she's not even a lesbian love option for some reason. Maybe Corrin has standards.) I could honestly have seen Camilla being a female love option. It's squicky being your foster sister, but that doesn't stop people from pairing fem Corrin with Xander.

I'm of the opinion that Fates' soundtrack has a few impressive moments, but overall is a messy implementation of too many ideas and poor mixing on instrumentation. Many of its Awakening-isms in terms of composition and rhythmical ideas were better written and executed with more finesse in the previous entry.

FE5 is the single worst entry in the entire series.

FE5 is the worst designed game overall in the series.

I like Roy as a character.

I like Micaiah a lot as a character.

FE7 has the worst cast in the series.

Tharja is a well written character.

Ephraim is the worst lord in the entire series.

All FE stories are bad.

Ike is overrated, but still decent.

Elincia is the most interesting character in Tellius.

POR has the stupidest plot point in the entire series next to all of Conquest when they invade Daein first. In what world has that strategy been used?

Sanaki is the second most interesting character in Tellius.

Archanea, with some fine tuning, has he potential to be the best story in FE history, and it was a major missed opportunity when Shadow Dragon didn't reimagine the story.

Gallia is a social Darwinistic hellhole that really isn't all that different from Ashnard's ideals, only the writers say we should idolize Gallia.

I have absolutely no problem with Ryoma withholding the medicine from Elise.

FE4's map design is something that the Devs were crazy not to bring back.

I find it quite interesting that FE3 forcing you to play almost the entire first game again to get what you payed for isn't recognized as the horrible idea that it is more.

Ike not being royalty or nobility contributes HEAVILY to my dislike for him as a character, because he represents the beginning of FE stories thematically moving away from the responsibilities and difficulties of leadership and towards a more generic military story. Admittedly, though, Part 2 of RD was a last hurrah for responsibility as a theme.

It's threads like these that make me realise how sheep-like my opinions are.

- The last good FE game was FE9.

- Geoffrey and Elincia are a better pairing than Ike and Elincia, both in terms of writing and in the context of the story.

- Biraku doesn't suck, and is an interesting character.

- FE2 is for HIPSTERS.

- Dismount was an interesting feature that should return one day.

- The same with Fatigue.

- Pair up is a horrible concept that encourages stat-stacking rather than tactics.

- Weapon weight and constitution weren't horrible concepts.

- FE12 butchered FE3 in almost every way possible.

- Awakening was the death of FE (in my entirely subjective opinion).

- Donnel and Ricken were among the few interesting characters FE13 had.

- Heroes are cooler than Swordmasters.

- Heroes are cooler than Swordmasters.

This is an unpopular opinion? Well, you're not alone in this, I like Heroes more than Swordmasters myself (despite my love for Zihark and Ryoma. Lon'qu is cool too).

Edited by Anacybele

-FE2 and FE4 are fun the first time but have no replay value

-Everything added to FE12 from FE3 made it less enjoyable, aside from reclass

-Every implementation of reclass has been good

-Giving any unit with the ability to fly magic is a terrible idea

-I didn't care for Laguz at all

-Part 1 was the best part of FE10 and afterwards it goes really downhill

^Um, the kids weren't involved with the plot at all in Fates. Saying "plotwise" makes no sense...

When I say plotwise, I'm literally just referring to the in game justification for them. I HATE Timetravel to the point where I'll happily accept Fates justification of the kids over the possibility of having kids via time travel again.

Some more opinions from me tho, cause why not

[spoiler=Conquest Spoilas]Xander, Nohrrin, and FE13 Mustafa are literally the ONLY Camuses I can feel any sympathy for

Despite my hatred of RD's overall narrative, Part 2 is my favorite plot in the series as a standalone.

I openly acknowledge my hypocrisy for likeing Nohrrin for the majority of the same reasons I dislike Maicaiah

Literally the only Hoshidan sibling I care for is Sakura, while I like all of the Nohr siblings

Arvis should of been the hero of FE4.

There isn't a bad FE game.

Edited by MCProductions

While Conquest was a very fun experience, the game tried way too hard to be gimmicky. Which takes away from the enjoyment of the game.

Azura is probably one of, if not, my least favorite characters in Fates.

When I say plotwise, I'm literally just referring to the in game justification for them. I HATE Timetravel to the point where I'll happily accept Fates justification of the kids over the possibility of having kids via time travel again.

Oh, I see now.

Oh yeah, I think this might be another unpopular opinion from me: Literally the only Nohr sibling or even character that I care for at all is Elise, but I like all of the Hoshido siblings. Ryoma is my favorite Fates character, in fact, along with Silas.

Edited by Anacybele

I can actually empathize with Xander's dilemmas in Fates. Being the crown prince and all not being able to openly oppose Garon etc...

I actually think there is more to Camilla's character and she kinda grew on me.

RD Bloodpact isn't as bad as people make it out to be.