More Unpopular Fire Emblem Opinions

Rezzy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ike is awful and the worst protagonist in the series. He's a complete tool who has a disgusting "too-cool" attitude. Unlike actually cool protagonists like Eliwood, Ike is terrible to others. Micaiah hating him only makes her even sweeter in my eyes.

Micaiah being special is a good thing. Protagonists are only interesting if they outshine everyone else in their cast in some way or another. Otherwise, they're only the protagonist by chance. That's another reason why vanilla, no-special-qualities Ike is so terrible. He only leads due to nepotism.

I agree. I don't like he is the worst. And I don't particularly hate him, but this basically sums up how I feel about Ike.

---

Alright here are some more of my unpopular opinions:

Sophia is my favorite character gameplay and support wise in Binding Blade.

I dislike almost everyone in Fates. Especially Nina.

I don't know why people like Leo so much.

Pre-promotes aren't enjoyable for me to use.

I enjoy Awakening's Story, to an extent.

TMS#FE is one of my favorite games of this year, maybe even Game of The Year.

I really don't like Louise or Pent.

I enjoy using Ests.

I enjoy the big maps in Geneology.

I HATE RED KNIGHTS!!!!!!! (They always end up as horrible units every time I give them a chance. Noish, Kieran, Kent, and Alen.)

Awakening characters are some of my favorites.

(This is a bit irrelevant, but...) I would have rather had been the recently announced FE Manga be about Peri or Nyx. As I feel they are the characters that have the most potential in growth in FE Fates.

Birthright is my favorite of the three routes.

Edited by eclipse
Merged double-post.

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, January 8, 2017 - Even if this guy could've done it himself.
Hidden by eclipse, January 8, 2017 - Even if this guy could've done it himself.

I enjoy using Ests.

I HATE RED KNIGHTS!!!!!!! (They always end up as horrible units every time I give them a chance. Noish, Kieran, Kent, and Alen.)

(This is a bit irrelevant, but...) I would have rather had been the recently announced FE Manga be about Peri or Nyx. As I feel they are the characters that have the most potential in growth in FE Fates.

I enjoy using Ests.

Nyx is one of the exceptions?

I hate Mercenaries and Heroes

Nyx is my favorite character even if she wasn't well developed

Tokyo Mirage Sessions (or as I call it Persona Emblem) is underrated.

Conquest should have been the only route in Fates and the extra money should have been used to refine the story and certain maps (looking right at you chapter 24)

I don't want child units in the next FE

Eliwood is among my favorite lords

So is Chrom

I'd like to see dismounting return so long as it's not just a nerf for mounted units and something interesting is done with it

Units should gain stat increases and decreases based on pair up partners in modern FE

I like Assassins more than Swordmasters

This isn't unpopular.

Nyx is my favorite character even if she wasn't well developed

Nyx is, like, one of my favorite characters also. It's too bad she really is pretty underdeveloped. Pretty much like most of the characters, unfortunately.

This isn't unpopular.

Not exactly unpopular, but neither popular, it's one of those opinions that it's controversial.

I think I would like Nyx I give myself some proper time to read her supports... maybe I'm a sick man, but I like her design.

I wonder if it is unpopular to say that not having two screens does not bother me that much at all. I have found that pressing a button to access an information screen maybe takes me a few seconds longer than looking at another screen, which matters very little to me as I play very slowly anyway. I also prefer pressing buttons to tapping a touchscreen as buttons are much less finicky and touchscreens often become smudged by fingerprints (styluses are really easy to lose, so I try not to take them out if I can help it).

I wonder if it is unpopular to say that not having two screens does not bother me that much at all. I have found that pressing a button to access an information screen maybe takes me a few seconds longer than looking at another screen, which matters very little to me as I play very slowly anyway. I also prefer pressing buttons to tapping a touchscreen as buttons are much less finicky and touchscreens often become smudged by fingerprints (styluses are really easy to lose, so I try not to take them out if I can help it).

I actually agree with you, maybe is because I know videogames since my early-childhood, but I have always loved to have control of the things using buttons in a control instead of external stuff.

I finally realised something. And it's a big one.

I actually don't like Pent's bases and growths, and as a result can't see him as a great unit. I mean, I do understand a lot of the hype on him due to his ranks (seriously, A Anima AND A staves? Stupidly good) and res being low in general in FE7, but I don't think I've ever seen him grow beyond what he starts with. What's more, because so many users go on about how good he is, it makes that more annoying to me. And it's not like his support is exceptional overall. A rank is very nice, but the biggest thing it gives to him is the defence boost. And there's the chance that if you lose one you lose both. It's not even that he's just so unlikely to get so many coloured numbers either. It's FE7, usually that's no big deal barring the final boss. I just don't see him growing much at all, and it gets to me.

Also, you can screw up and lock him out from excalibur too. There's that.

I finally realised something. And it's a big one.

I actually don't like Pent's bases and growths, and as a result can't see him as a great unit. I mean, I do understand a lot of the hype on him due to his ranks (seriously, A Anima AND A staves? Stupidly good) and res being low in general in FE7, but I don't think I've ever seen him grow beyond what he starts with. What's more, because so many users go on about how good he is, it makes that more annoying to me. And it's not like his support is exceptional overall. A rank is very nice, but the biggest thing it gives to him is the defence boost. And there's the chance that if you lose one you lose both. It's not even that he's just so unlikely to get so many coloured numbers either. It's FE7, usually that's no big deal barring the final boss. I just don't see him growing much at all, and it gets to me.

Also, you can screw up and lock him out from excalibur too. There's that.

So what don't you like about Pent's bases? You cover what you don't like about his growths, and that's fair enough. The other thing his A support gives is accuracy - not that it really matters unless he's wielding Bolting, but still.

So what don't you like about Pent's bases? You cover what you don't like about his growths, and that's fair enough. The other thing his A support gives is accuracy - not that it really matters unless he's wielding Bolting, but still.

I didn't mention accuracy as it is FE7, but you are right on bolting.

And when I say that I don't like his bases, I must admit that was a mistake to mention on my part. I mean, for the easier modes those are easily useable to the endgame, and even in hard mode they're still fine in some form. And even on thinking about the other magic units, they'd have to be blessed to really compare to Pent at the same level. So, that's a mistake on my part.

It's also not even his character that's at fault here. None of the supports I've unlocked have made me think "wow, Pent's kinda terrible"

Bit of a whinge I know, but still, imo I can't get into thinking Pent is best mage.

I hate Canas in FE7. He's never good for me.

Wyvern Lords > Paladins > Falco Knights

I'm glad some of the petting was removed from Fates (Not to be a prude, but there's a time and place for everything. I could just play Tokimeki Memorials: Girl's Side if I wanted to pet digital men that badly lool)

I like the My Castle part of Fates. It's a nice breather between chapters.

Although I did it a lot in New Mystery, Awakening and now in Fates, I'm not a fan class changes, I think it ruins the uniqueness of units you get (but I do like unique skills, being able to mix skills, and some control over growths. There's too many advantages, but I don't have to like it. :/)

I like the My Castle part of Fates. It's a nice breather between chapters.

I love the My Castle feature honestly. While it doesn't make sense story-wise, that doesn't matter to me as long as I can have good rests after tough chapters, especially in Conquest. I also love visiting other castles just to see what they look like and what kind of armies they have. I just find it all so much more fun than an overworld map and I wish it would stop getting crap for ruining the story, which I don't believe would be much better if My Castle didn't exist.

Edited by twistedxgrace

I didn't mention accuracy as it is FE7, but you are right on bolting.

And when I say that I don't like his bases, I must admit that was a mistake to mention on my part. I mean, for the easier modes those are easily useable to the endgame, and even in hard mode they're still fine in some form. And even on thinking about the other magic units, they'd have to be blessed to really compare to Pent at the same level. So, that's a mistake on my part.

It's also not even his character that's at fault here. None of the supports I've unlocked have made me think "wow, Pent's kinda terrible"

Bit of a whinge I know, but still, imo I can't get into thinking Pent is best mage.

I'm actually one of the opposites and that I really like using Pent..so much to the point that there is no reason to use Nino and Erk since he outweighs them both and that FE7 gives you units that are so good that make you wonder why use some units like Nino to begin with other than the additional challenge.

I'm actually one of the opposites and that I really like using Pent..so much to the point that there is no reason to use Nino and Erk since he outweighs them both and that FE7 gives you units that are so good that make you wonder why use some units like Nino to begin with other than the additional challenge.

TBH I've never understood the reasoning behind using Pent but not Erk. Even if Pent blows Erk out of the water he comes in 2/3 of the way through the story right at the point where everyone is turning into juggernauts themselves, while you get Erk 1/5 of the way in when everyone's still weak. He's not a bad unit, magic is plenty useful even given FE7's low difficulty, and it's not like Lucius and Canas are anything special that warrant using them over Erk. Nino OTH is useless.

TBH I've never understood the reasoning behind using Pent but not Erk. Even if Pent blows Erk out of the water he comes in 2/3 of the way through the story right at the point where everyone is turning into juggernauts themselves, while you get Erk 1/5 of the way in when everyone's still weak. He's not a bad unit, magic is plenty useful even given FE7's low difficulty, and it's not like Lucius and Canas are anything special that warrant using them over Erk. Nino OTH is useless.

Thing is Pent starts off with A in both Magic and staff compared to Erk or the others who will take a long time to grind. The problem here is that the prepromotes in FE7 are so good that its nearly pointless to use base class units unless its either due to the fondness of the character or due to that additional challenge like I mentioned making it more of a convenience to the players. I won't blame those who decided to use Athos to solo the endgame simply because he's that good to do so and the same goes to Pent.

Meanwhile, its the exact opposite when comparing Harken and Raven for some odd reason as Raven seems to be the better unit between the two. The only reason why some will argue with this otherwise is because Harken has the brave sword and that his support boosts his attack stats unlike Raven's who instead gets defense boosted.

Edited by Harvey

Thing is Pent starts off with A in both Magic and staff compared to Erk or the others who will take a long time to grind. The problem here is that the prepromotes in FE7 are so good that its nearly pointless to use base class units unless its either due to the fondness of the character or due to that additional challenge like I mentioned making it more of a convenience to the players. I won't blame those who decided to use Athos to solo the endgame simply because he's that good to do so and the same goes to Pent.

Except that's completely ignoring what I said. Pent being better than Erk isn't helpful for those 10 levels that you have one and not the other. Pent's not like Marcus where you can use him the entire game. Eventually replacing Erk with Pent makes sense, outright never using Erk and denying yourself anima magic for almost half the game doesn't. Granted I might be biased from always playing through Lyn mode first, but Erk is by no means a bad unit.

My biggest problem with Micaiah and Sothe's relationship is they possess a marriage ending, which considering that she practically raised him and they refer to themselves as being like a younger brother/older sister, is pretty creepy.

I guess my unpopular opinion of the day is I don't like Micaiah x Sothe. I personally prefer Micaiah/Pelleas.

nah, i fucking hate that pairing. Sothe acts like Edward Cullen for a lot of the game when Micaiah can clearly think for herself. He tends to force restriction of her agency and she just handwaves it away like "oh hes just being protective" when other characters are like "breh." This whole "Im just gonna grab you and run if things get sticky" is garbage when you are leading an army and trying to liberate a nation; The problem is that this doesnt change thoughout the game cuz the game''s narrative doesnt slow down enough to lend a conversation to this issue. So we get stuck with Sothe looking like a fucking knob all game. Im just glad i can break that support.

nah, i fucking hate that pairing. Sothe acts like Edward Cullen for a lot of the game when Micaiah can clearly think for herself. He tends to force restriction of her agency and she just handwaves it away like "oh hes just being protective" when other characters are like "breh." This whole "Im just gonna grab you and run if things get sticky" is garbage when you are leading an army and trying to liberate a nation; The problem is that this doesnt change thoughout the game cuz the game''s narrative doesnt slow down enough to lend a conversation to this issue. So we get stuck with Sothe looking like a fucking knob all game. Im just glad i can break that support.

lmao "a fucking knob"

That laugh out of the way, I'm glad I'm not the only person annoyed by Sothe in RD. I mean, I was neutral about him in PoR because, while he was useless, he was a cute kid that I didn't mind dragging along sometimes. Then, I started playing RD . . . Like, I was fine with them being incredibly close, platonic partners, but I just felt bewildered that they could marry each other.

If anything, I would rather Micaiah just be alone. She looks like she would have intimacy issues with others due to her being so evasive with others for a majority of her life.

Edited by saisymbolic

lmao "a fucking knob"

That laugh out of the way, I'm glad I'm not the only person annoyed by Sothe in RD. I mean, I was neutral about him in PoR because, while he was useless, he was a cute kid that I didn't mind dragging along sometimes. Then, I started playing RD . . . Like, I was fine with them being incredibly close, platonic partners, but I just felt bewildered that they could marry each other.

If anything, I would rather Micaiah just be alone. She looks like she would have intimacy issues with others due to her being so evasive with others for a majority of her life.

Her not having children would probably cause some issues with passing down the crown due to her being queen at the end (maybe she do what the Romans did before Tiberius and pass the crown to her best general when the time comes). Although I could imagine the consummation of Micaiah and Sothe's marriage was incredible awkward (assuming that their society, like Medieval Europe, believes that not consummating the marriage is an insult to the sacrament itself). Sorry for making it weird, but those things are not too out of the question.

I ship her with Pelleas. After all those two have been through, I can see them working out.

Her not having children would probably cause some issues with passing down the crown due to her being queen at the end (maybe she do what the Romans did before Tiberius and pass the crown to her best general when the time comes). Although I could imagine the consummation of Micaiah and Sothe's marriage was incredible awkward (assuming that their society, like Medieval Europe, believes that not consummating the marriage is an insult to the sacrament itself). Sorry for making it weird, but those things are not too out of the question.

The crown of Daein no longer being heraldry would make sense lore wise. Michaiah had no connection to the whiped out Daein royal family and got the crown through merit and devotion that went to her personally rather than any crown or position. Daein is somewhat more of a meritocracy too.

But I think you got your Roman emperors mixed up ;): Roman emperors passing their position to a suitable candidate rather than blood started about a century after Tiberius.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

On 1/14/2017 at 7:30 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

The crown of Daein no longer being heraldry would make sense lore wise. Michaiah had no connection to the whiped out Daein royal family and got the crown through merit and devotion that went to her personally rather than any crown or position. Daein is somewhat more of a meritocracy too.

But I think you got your Roman emperors mixed up ;): Roman emperors passing their position to a suitable candidate rather than blood started about a century after Tiberius.

Well shoot, there goes my credibility (as if I had any in the first place).

Edited by KoimanZX