Which is better, Birthright or Conquest?

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better game?

• Birthright
    • Conquest

I like Birthrights characters and story alot more than Conquest, but I think as a game Conquest is much better designed.

Birthright is still fun to run through though, its not like we haven't had easier FE's before that people still adore, (See FE4/7/8/9).

I like the story of Birthright more, but I prefer the challenge Conquest offers in term of gameplay.

I dislike the story of Conquest since, in my opinion, I feel it's the weakest out of the three paths. In general, Fates seems to favor Birthright; when you side with Hoshido, Corrin/Kamui knows that Garon is the enemy and seems to stick by their choice. In Conquest, they seem hesitant at some points, constantly wondering whether they "made the right choice", as shown in their supports with Azura.

And the plot of Conquest was basically bullying Hoshido.
When I first picked up Conquest, I thought that the avatar and the Nohr siblings would start a rebellion of some sort. And it probably would have happened had Azura decided to show Xander and the others Garon's true form. Either that or take them to Valla for a chapter. I also wasn't impressed

with how easily Sakura and Hinoka seemed to forgive the Avatar after what happened with their brothers.

tl;dr: Birthrights story-wise, Conquest gameplay-wise. I like the characters from both paths though.

Edited by Oceanpetal

Definitely Conquest, its gameplay is so much more satisfying. Literally the only thing keeping me on Birthright every once in a while is just to be able to use some of my favorite characters that are Hoshido locked.

Conquest Hype

I'm one of those weirdos who enjoyed Conquest's story for what it was worth, and honestly, I like it's story more than FE4's, 8's, and Tellius. I see WHY it's bad, but I liked the characters to much to give a shit. Kinda like Ace Attorney Dual Destinies

I can't praise the gameplay enough, Conquest's map design is the only game in the series I had difficulty with but NEVER called Bullshit.

I like Birthrout a lot too, but Wrongquest wins over it easily.

Edited by MCProductions

When I first picked up Conquest, I thought that the avatar and the Nohr siblings would start a rebellion of some sort. And it probably would have happened had Azura decided to show Xander and the others Garon's true form. Either that or take them to Valla for a chapter

The Nintendo Direct either made a huge mistake describing it as a "revolution from the inside" way back in January, or they had huge changes before the July Japanese release.

I enjoyed Conquest alot because it does force you to learn the new weapon balances in the game and to be perfectly honest the story didn't bother me as much as people hate on it (other than Corrin really) kept me entertained and interested to the end.

That being said I did enjoy Birthright alot as I'm one of those weird people that likes to grind incessantly lol.

Edited by LordOTaco

Did they call it a "revolution from the inside" before? I didn't really fall into Fire Emblem until after the western release of Fates. So the "original" or planned content is alien to me. That would be interesting though, and it wouldn't surprise me if they changed their minds.

Edited by Oceanpetal

Did they call it a "revolution from the inside" before? I didn't really fall into Fire Emblem until after the western release of Fates. So the "original" or planned content is alien to me. That would be interesting though, and it wouldn't surprise me if they changed their minds.

The JP Direct did at least.

Conquest! Hands down!! Of course I'm going to side of radiant democracy of the United States of Nohr!!! Anyone who dares disagree with me, shall be branded as a Hoshidon't facist, a Benedict Arnold, an enemy of our Allied democracy's liberation machine!!!!

...okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration, but, at least I found Nohr quite honest in being the conquest-loving country. Whereas Hoshido on the other hand, I cannot help lampoon its "peace-loving" nature - hence my Let's Play.

Edited by henrymidfields

Conquest! Hands down!! Of course I'm going to side of radiant democracy of the United States of Nohr!!! Anyone who dares disagree with me, shall be branded as a Hoshidon't facist, a Benedict Arnold, an enemy of our Allied democracy's liberation machine!!!!

...okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration, but, at least I found Nohr quite honest in being the conquest-loving country. Whereas Hoshido on the other hand, I cannot help lampoon its "peace-loving" nature - hence my Let's Play.

Nohr is more of "The evil King says so" and "we'll die of lack of food" than glory seeking.

The way they portrayed it in the trailer, it was some sort of cultural expectation. Like Felia/Ferox with the "you battle to show that you're telling the truth".

So both Nohr and Hoshido are crap when it comes to their premises.

Nohr even more so in story justification. FE fans in general crap all over Conquest's story and premise now and just like the gameplay.

If anything, Hoshido is more of the "honest, simple, stupid straightforward" FE plot that we've always had. Saying Conquest is more honest and straightforward is like saying Radiant Dawn's blood pact is the best plot device in Fire Emblem history.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Nohr is more of "The evil King says so" and "we'll die of lack of food" than glory seeking.

The way they portrayed it in the trailer, it was some sort of cultural expectation. Like Felia/Ferox with the "you battle to show that you're telling the truth".

So both Nohr and Hoshido are crap when it comes to their premises.

Nohr even more so in story justification. FE fans in general crap all over Conquest's story and premise now and just like the gameplay.

If anything, Hoshido is more of the "honest, simple, stupid straightforward" FE plot that we've always had. Saying Conquest is more honest and straightforward is like saying Radiant Dawn's blood pact is the best plot device in Fire Emblem history.

Like, I enjoyed Conquest's plot for what it was worth, but even I have agree with this. The first half of Conquest's plot does nothing but suggest Corrin is preparing for an inevitable revolution once he's finally convinced Garon is irredeemable, and then allof a sudden when he comes to grips with that, he follows thru with Garon's plans instead of rebelling for the sake of using that damn throne. Again, I LIKED Conquest's story, but it does flatout lie to you. fuck, now I want to write a retelling of Conquest with a legit revolution instead of the Conquest