Cipher Series 7 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Dec 16: Tournament Promos Revealed!

Kirie

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I like the design of this--the design doesn't really suit lyn or feel true to her heritage. Sacaen designs tend to be more mongol inspired, while this feels more akin to a heavily fantasy version of han-chinese wuxia games, which, mind, I like a lot of the designs of those it just doesn't really feel Lyn

It was kind of to be expected given how Roy himself had a look closer to his Awakening and Smash appearances. Guess the new is overwriting the old.

I wonder just where in the word was fashionable furred coats part of a warrior's attire...

I usually don't like much mayo's art, but I must say that Saizo/Kagero duo looks amazing. I have a hard time trying to tell what's going on, with the red and green swirls and why are they posing like that, but it looks great nonetheless.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Lyn art. I find her face a little odd and her outfit doesn't really look like her ig sprite which doesn't change upon promotion, so I suppose they had to make something different. Looks like a hybrid between the Swordmaster's garb from Awakening and her original outfit to me, I guess it still fits since it's eastern asian looking. Took me a moment to realize that the blue silhouettes in the background were supposed to be the after images from her critical animation, it's pretty cool.

Update the OP with Lyn SR and Hinoka SR. I'll work on getting the other images added throughout the week when I have the strength/time. I totally called Lloyd SR, though :U

Today's reveal is another two card set, this time showing off Lloyd's SR and HN cards!

AKA no Karel in this set.

I like Lloyd and I like these cards. I really do. But with him and Guy, Karel is almost guaranteed out because they won't litter the set with just swordmasters.

Also makes me think that maybe Linus is also getting a SR, or at least a rare. The black fang is cool and all, but just from what we have seen there are already 4! Villain cards in a game that to this point had no playable representation.

Not to mention the two gimme slots for the randos.

We already saw promoted Linus during the livestream and he was only an HN.

I'm also thinking that Karel will likely be a no-show, since he's fairly minor in the game, and we already have Lyn, Guy, and Lloyd for SM representation (I know Lyn technically isn't an SM, but still :U). Though, we do know we're going back to Elibe in S9, so we'll probably see him then.

Whoa, did not expect unpromoted Lloyd. I assume they're padding out the set, so they can justify another set with Blazing Sword characters? Which isn't a bad thing, since more cards is always a good thing.

I just realised something. It might not appear in this set, but an unpromoted Nergal (and Athos) would be killer.

Ohman, that really would be super awesome. I could see them doing those as tournament promos maybe, even if they don't make it into an actual set.

I just realised something. It might not appear in this set, but an unpromoted Nergal (and Athos) would be killer.

oooh

perhaps two different paranomas for both their young and old forms? that'd be awesome

FE6 and 7 and had too many characters to fit in one set, so a second FE7 set wasn't in doubt, but i'm kinda surprised that we have had at least 4 villain cards for this set so far.

Oh yeah, I think this privilegue would only belong to the games that would get cards in a lot of Series (Awakening and Fates)... But after the Hasha no Tsurugi's tease... looks like Elibe will have a special place here.

Oh yeah, I think this privilegue would only belong to the games that would get cards in a lot of Series (Awakening and Fates)... But after the Hasha no Tsurugi's tease... looks like Elibe will have a special place here.

I mean it is a game, they have to support all seven factions currently in it right now.

Red has ~ 100 cards

Blue has ~ 100 (150 with Set 8)

Black has ~ 125

White has ~ 75 (125 with Set 7)

Green has 100

Purple has 50 (150??? with Set 7 and 9)

Yellow has 50 (100 With Set 8)

Probably with Sacred Stones is they're going to be really weak as a stand alone faction.

Probably with Sacred Stones is they're going to be really weak as a stand alone faction.

Well when you ignore actual FE games for things like manga, these sort of things tend to happen.

The card game can't go on forever, and when sales drop so will the game. The longer it takes to release a character/faction, the less likely they are to be seen.

Elibe is kinda my thing, and I know that certain characters are gonna be booted for manga characters, under the guise of "it's game balance for purple".

I understand (but don't like) why Gaiden has gotten the shaft for so long, but SS really baffles me.