Cipher Series 7 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Dec 16: Tournament Promos Revealed!

Kirie

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked again and found that yes, the February 2017 Nintendo Dream will have cipher promo cards. I wont get my Dengeki Nintendo mag until late December so I can only assume that it also will have a promo in the February edition.

here is the only page in the January Nintendo Dream on cipher

NintendoDream1-2017cipher.png

also you can pre-order guide book 7 here. this makes me think that there will be very few extra promo cards for this series (my guess is 3 extra: comiket attendance plus one for each player box). Hopefully this time they will make enough and they will not cost so much.

Thank you for the scan and the link! Most of those cards are known, but a few are new (left Eliwood I think, and beneath him I think is the cost 1 Florina? Also can't remember if all of those Ryoma and Takumi have been shown as cards and not artwork).

I've tried translating the Amazon Japan link but as far as I can tell, there's no word yet on what the Guidebook promo is, or did I miss it in the funky translation? Either way, I'm still laughing out loud that Google Translate translates FE7's Japanese name as "Fire Emblem Fiery Fire Sword".

EDIT: Looks like February's Nindori is up for preliminary pre-order on Amazon already (link), but no real information posted there yet, so I guess I'll cool my heels.

Edited by Kirie

I don't think they have announced what the book promo card is yet, but it comes out the beginning of January.

yes, that is a cost 1 Florina. I split the page in 2 so you can see it better (stupid photobucket, limiting the size of the file)

NintendoDream1-2017cipherP.png

NintendoDream1-2017cipherO.png

Just to note, the Eliwood card on the left is exactly the same as his R+X card from S5, but with the new illustration. I figured that would be the case, since the R+X card had a skill named after Durandal despite the blade itself not actually appearing in the art.

I believe the finalized cards for Hector 3, Rebecca 1, Ryoma 3 (art done by Suzuki), Ryoma 1, and Takumi 1 are also new, though we've seen all their art at some point.

Edited by Prince of Iris

You're right, those are all new too. I have a hard time telling what's been seen as art and what's been shown as a card I suppose. >_<

And, yeah, I thought that was the S7 version of the R+X Eliwood, my eyes are just too crappy to make it out. :<

At least we'll be seeing (most?) of these soon with the livestream on Saturday.

Today's card reveal is the long-awaited Oboro SR! Very pretty and colourful as a Basara, and by Fuzichoco too! <3

BASARA!!!!!

Yaaaaay! If I can't have Kinshi Takumi, at least Basara Oboro will work!!!

Oh god, now... If I only have the luck to pick this one... Maybe... Maybe I will buy two boxes this time?

And, yeah, I thought that was the S7 version of the R+X Eliwood, my eyes are just too crappy to make it out. :<

There is no way that was gonna be the case. They still need to sell the R+X to collectors somehow. Anyways this also probably means that for set 8, Seliph cards will be mostly drawn by Kita Senri and that thankfully the new one will be a different artwork.

I looked again and found that yes, the February 2017 Nintendo Dream will have cipher promo cards. I wont get my Dengeki Nintendo mag until late December so I can only assume that it also will have a promo in the February edition.
here is the only page in the January Nintendo Dream on cipher
also you can pre-order guide book 7 here. this makes me think that there will be very few extra promo cards for this series (my guess is 3 extra: comiket attendance plus one for each player box). Hopefully this time they will make enough and they will not cost so much.

Thanks for posting this.

I honestly think this will be a pretty expensive promotional cycle as this matches the Set 3 Promos.

Were we got 2 promos in the Comiket boxes (Sakura/Elise Jail Cards) + Camilla XMas promo and the Cipher Sai Azura promos (+#fe promo but that's not repeatable obviously).

CipherSai is going to before the next set releases so they should be part of this batch.

Since Set 2/4/6 was very light on promos (no extra ones as well) and 1 and 5 were pretty heavy on promos (1: Marth/lucina IF print pack/Marth DVD/Plus marth/chrom promos / Plus 1 Nindo Lucina magazine Prom - 5:Cipher Caravan and the Limited Edition 3DS promos). It seems like every odd set hits us hard in the wallet with promos.

Edited by Draxal

Oboro SR was a really obvious choice (I mean.. She is the most popular character without a card, and can mirror Charlotte as the most popular non-plot relevant character).

Pre-Release caps can be seen here, and they include many new cards/characters not seen before. Here's some of the most interesting tidbits: Nino SR; Eliwood and Hector joined art SR+ cards; Pent, Louise, Fiora, and Farina are all character who weren't known to be in the set before that have now been confirmed. Raven gets an R.

No other R+ cards shown off, sadly. :|

I'll get the OP updated sometime before the end of the weekend, but for now you can look through the album if you want to see the caps.

Draxal called it, and I am super happy he did. The boys are back in town.

Too bad that, unlike Sigurd and Deirdre, they're not holding hands. Well their "Divine Weapons" are touching so that's something.

Anyways, all SRs and 6 out of 8 Rs have been revealed. SRs being Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Ninian, Lloyd and Nino (What's with Nino and Sophia getting SRs? Did anyone actually used them?) and Rs being Raven, Serra, Lucius, Florina, Ursula and Jaffar. I think it's safe to assume the last two Rs are Fiora and Farina a.k.a. "Ms 20,000g Killer Lance".

Edited by SalShich10N

Too bad that, unlike Sigurd and Deirdre, they're not holding hands. Well their "Divine Weapons" are touching so that's something.

Anyways, all SRs and 6 out of 8 Rs have been revealed. SRs being Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Ninian, Lloyd and Nino (What's with Nino and Sophia getting SRs? Did anyone actually used them?) and Rs being Raven, Serra, Lucius, Florina, Ursula and Jaffar. I think it's safe to assume the last two Rs are Fiora and Farina a.k.a. "Ms 20,000g Killer Lance".

Nino was the #1 most popular character on the original Japanese poll, so everyone was expecting her to get an SR.

Mostly I was disappointed that we saw so few R+ cards. Only Serra, Saizo, and Kagero so far. I guess we'll just have to wait for Y!J listings.

No Eliwood and Ninian shared SR+, riot

Anyways, all SRs and 6 out of 8 Rs have been revealed. SRs being Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Ninian, Lloyd and Nino (What's with Nino and Sophia getting SRs? Did anyone actually used them?)

Nino got a SR? I mean I already used this video a few days ago but it's still appropriate.

I think it's safe to assume the last two Rs are Fiora and Farina a.k.a. "Ms 20,000g Killer Lance".

Farina probably won't get a R because there's no room for one. Farina's N card is number 43, which is in between Jaffar (42) and Lloyd (44).

Edited by Lightchao42

Nino was the #1 most popular character on the original Japanese poll, so everyone was expecting her to get an SR.

Mostly I was disappointed that we saw so few R+ cards. Only Serra, Saizo, and Kagero so far. I guess we'll just have to wait for Y!J listings.

Oh right, there were those for the older FEs, weren't they? Still, I'm amazed she was that popular to begin with, I thought it hers was a very cheap, cliché sob story. Besides I', pretty sure the audience and taste has changed over time, that poll must be well over 10 years ago by now.

Though I am genuinely curious: did people actually used Nino? I remember looking at her and thinking "no way she's gonna see any action".

Eliwood had a confirmed R so no peg sisters Rs this set.

Oh my, I thought he was gonna get an HN like usual, given the way his R+X looked last set. I thought that was an HN in the scan

Some people like using Ests. I know a decent amount of people who like using Nino in run. She's not a bad character, just requires a lot of investment that most people who play with any kind of efficiency aren't going to bother with. I think she's cute, and I like her little sub-plot, but I've never actually used her in game a single time, outside of chip damage in her Gaiden anyway. I did set things up to have her kill Sonia once for lols.

Some people like using Ests. I know a decent amount of people who like using Nino in run. She's not a bad character, just requires a lot of investment that most people who play with any kind of efficiency aren't going to bother with. I think she's cute, and I like her little sub-plot, but I've never actually used her in game a single time, outside of chip damage in her Gaiden anyway. I did set things up to have her kill Sonia once for lols.

Not even efficiency, I mean even if I wanted to use her there is never any space in the party by that point. FE7 has so many good units, a good chunk of which are prepromotes.