Cipher Series 7 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Dec 16: Tournament Promos Revealed!

Kirie

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oof, this is a rough batch... mostly because I want them all! (Except sakura).

Athos is the bomb!

Fight me in the streets

I think my favorites are festive Oboro, Nino with the Reed brothers, and festive Sakura.

I think my favourites are Hector, Hector, and Hector.

But seriously, though, they're all really great. We get a badass Athos, a sexy Hector, a super cute Oboro, Nino making flower wreaths with her bros, a goofy as shit Takumi, and the super adorable amazingness that is Sakura. In each previous set there's been at least one card that I'm "meh" about, but these are all so amazing.

In each previous set there's been at least one card that I'm "meh" about, but these are all so amazing.

Same here, I have only bought the ones I liked since some of them didn't caught my interest, but this set looks like the best as whole, now I want all 6 cards!

I hasn't expected Oboro to have a promotional card, I'm not complaining because now I want like 100 of that card, but somehow, I thought that Izana will had his card here in the promotionals, like Merlinus in the previos set, but nop, still no Izana. Also... I want to cry over Nino's card, because looking at her playing with the Redd brothers make me wanna cry

In hindsight, Oboro getting a promo makes sense since she was definitely the Hoshidan/S7 counterpart to Charlotte in S6. But I was still hoping for Izana. Poor guy. :<

In hindsight, Oboro getting a promo makes sense since she was definitely the Hoshidan/S7 counterpart to Charlotte in S6. But I was still hoping for Izana. Poor guy. :<

Another proof, S6 Nohr/S7 Hoshido are complete mirrors.

Poor Izana, he got snubbed out of Revelation and Cipher. I guess we'll need to get another series of Fates to include him. I suppose that I'll never be able to fully remove the Fates section of the grand list of characters without cards now...

But these cards are good, even if Nino's body looks too small for her head.

Poor Izana, he got snubbed out of Revelation and Cipher. I guess we'll need to get another series of Fates to include him. I suppose that I'll never be able to fully remove the Fates section of the grand list of characters without cards now...

But these cards are good, even if Nino's body looks too small for her head.

I honestly forget, constantly, that Izana is a playable unit.

Nindori has shared their next issue cover on Twitter and it includes a small shot of their super-adorbs Xander promo!

oAVxFcc.jpg

Perhaps Ryoma will be in Dengeki and matching Elise and Sakura ones will be given out at Sai?

No Izana is a baffling decision. We've seen enough of Jakob and Silas to the point where it wouldn't have been hard to replace either of them with Izana. We have Arete and Sumeragi but not Izana

This means that there will have to be another set with Fates, which I'm pretty sure is really unnecessary. Unless they do something actually interesting with it.

It would probably require the next Fates set to be based on the DLC for it to be interesting. Maybe focused on the kids with Black/White versions of Marth/Robin/Ike/Lucina for the amiibo?

Scarlet, Fuga, and Yukimura were well chosen though.

And with Fates being their big and recent property, I'm sure we'd see it again even if we had gotten Izana in this set, though we might (hopefully) get a break for a little while.

This means that there will have to be another set with Fates, which I'm pretty sure is really unnecessary. Unless they do something actually interesting with it.

Well in another 3-4 sets, White / Black will be outdated yet again. Which isn't a bad idea actually. Just know that it's always better to expand on whats already there instead of make something new. It's a card game point of view. There's still a lot of characters who need cards as well from Fates like NPCs, and by leaving them out, it opens up more room for more options.

It would probably require the next Fates set to be based on the DLC for it to be interesting. Maybe focused on the kids with Black/White versions of Marth/Robin/Ike/Lucina for the amiibo?

Maybe? Who knows. That wouldn't sound bad.

Nindori has shared their next issue cover on Twitter and it includes a small shot of their super-adorbs Xander promo!

oAVxFcc.jpg

Perhaps Ryoma will be in Dengeki and matching Elise and Sakura ones will be given out at Sai?

OMG like, I HAVE to have this.... air is of no consequence compared to this card....

How exactly does one go about getting one of these beauties? If it's a magazine promo do you get two, and if it is would anyone care to do a split? I'm terrible with amazon japan, so anyone than can help will definitely be compensated for their assistance.

Twitter user @katsu00816 was able to identify Dengeki Nintendo's included promo card today. As some may have already guessed, it's Ryoma.

C0E7wYQUkAAmelT.jpg

The image quality is even worse than Xander's, but this is the best I can find of it. (Edit: Kizuna has a better image, so I've included theirs instead)

OMG like, I HAVE to have this.... air is of no consequence compared to this card....

How exactly does one go about getting one of these beauties? If it's a magazine promo do you get two, and if it is would anyone care to do a split? I'm terrible with amazon japan, so anyone than can help will definitely be compensated for their assistance.

Yes, two copies are included with each issue. Can't help you personally, but good luck!

Edited by Prince of Iris

Xander is 015 and Sakura 017... We still have 1 more promo to find out. Unless it's the official guide one but I doubt it...

19 promos. Wow that's a lot.

Edited by Yaen