Hydra vs Grima, Who is Canonically Stronger?

Grima vs Hydra   

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would Win?

• Hydra
    • Grima

If Grima and Hydra even had to battle each other, who do you think would win?

Hydra

- can resurrect the dead, without zombified traits

- can travel through dimensions/time (easily)

- can create illusions

- can possess people

- can put curses on people

- can be slayed but he remain as a lingering spirit

- can only be harmed by the Omega Yato

Grima

- can summon Risens

- can resurrect the dead (Deadlords)

- can possess people

- can travel through time (weakens him greatly)

- can be slayed but his reawakening 1000 years later is assured

- can only be harmed by the "Awaken" Falchion

Edited by asdfasdfasdf

In terms of sheer might, I think Grima has the edge slightly (the thing's massive), but I feel like Hydra/Anankos--in his original, clear-minded state--would probably win with his ability to see the future.

Either way, I'd love to see an epic dragon battle in a Fire Emblem game one day!

Grima since he can only truly be killed if Robin lands the finishing blow on him.

Anankos can be killed by anyone who has the guts to face him; doesn't matter if they're Corrin or Kana with the Omega Yato or not.

Hydra because Grima is a scrub that needed a human host to form or some trash. LOL.

Isn't that what Hydra needs too, at least according to Garon?

Besides, Anankos is a worm buried under some rubble feeling sorry for himself. Honestly he's probably the most pathetic villain in the series.

Edited by Thane

Isn't that what Hydra needs to, at least according to Garon?

Besides, Anankos is a worm buried in some rubble feeling sorry for himself. Honestly he's probably the most pathetic villain in the series.

LOL. You could be right.

I just wanted an excuse. I like the name Hydra better than Grima. That's all.

Both of them are pretty trash, though.

Anankos (Hydra) had very little influence outside of Valla, that is why he used human hosts to enact his will. Anankos definitely is the harder-to-kill final boss, because his battle has multiple stages, but when you fight Grima, you only have to do one stage.

Anankos (Hydra) had very little influence outside of Valla, that is why he used human hosts to enact his will. Anankos definitely is the harder-to-kill final boss, because his battle has multiple stages, but when you fight Grima, you only have to do one stage.

True, but Grima also needed to use the Avatar's body as a host.

Anankos has the ability to destroy the multiverse with few being able to stop him. Naga stops at nothing to make sure not even 1 universe is taken over by Grima, even for a short amount of time. When Naga decides to leave you the fuck alone, you should know you're a badass.

True, but Grima also needed to use the Avatar's body as a host.

That is what I mean. Grima NEEDS a host to survive, Anankos just uses humans to carry out his plans in Hoshido and Nohr.

I would say Grima but I am not sure.

Anankos is a god and seems to be more dangerous than Grima but he can be killed by anyone. Grima can only be killed by his host.

If Grima and Anankos fought against each other, Anankos couldn't kill Grima.

Doesn't Naga say that her's and Grima's powers are roughly equal in Awakening? In the Hidden Truths DLC, Anankos mentions that Naga's power to transport the children in Awakening through time leaves him in awe, which I can only take to mean that he believes he is weaker than her.

Doesn't Naga say that her's and Grima's powers are roughly equal in Awakening? In the Hidden Truths DLC, Anankos mentions that Naga's power to transport the children in Awakening through time leaves him in awe, which I can only take to mean that he believes he is weaker than her.

Hydra (Anankos) had only around half his power at that point though, since his human and dragon half split.