QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

if there were no video games, i'd be wasting my time doing another unproductive thing, except it would be way less fun.

in fact, i waste way more time on the internet than playing games.

Edited by Nobody

Only if its major interference in your life

Theres nothing wrong with playing video games some of the time, but if it gets bad enough to where its all you ever do and its getting in the way of your job/education then we got a problem here buddy

Life is pretty much based on escapism, so no, they're not unhealthy.

Well ok doing a physical activity like playing sports is healthier but nothing wrong with this either.

Edited by Magnificence Incarnate

39 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Like any other form of entertainment, it can be.  But I think it's a lot more healthy than getting shitfaced on weekends.

how did you know that's how I spend my weekends

Video games are a good form of entertainment, much like books or movies. However, like all things, too much of a good thing is a bad thing. So, you have to be cautious to make sure you don't play too much and become addicted and detached from reality.

12 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

However, like all things, too much of anything is a bad thing.

Basically what I was going to say

I play video games, but I still exercise and whatnot too.

13 hours ago, eclipse said:

Like any other form of entertainment, it can be.  But I think it's a lot more healthy than getting shitfaced on weekends.

what if you do both????

I don't think video games are inherently unhealthy escapism.  Where else can I marry my girlfriend from Love Plus????  Checkmate, atheists.

The only time ive seen video games become an unhealthy thing in someone's life is when MMORPGs ate my friend's soul and he wasnt even picking up his house and his rent was hella late. Some people actually will become addicted to that as if it were a drug, but that has more to do with the individual's psychological state than the game(s) themselves. If you find yourself spending more on games than on the means to live, yeah umm thats unhealthy. But if you just play games whenever and its not interfering with anything really important, its not a problem. Games themselves are not inherently a problem.