QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

You never ACTUALLY know when it hits. But when it does? Well... that can go a number of ways, depending on how you look at/what you do about it

'course, who's to say it has to be romantic love? That friend that always calls/texts your phone on my way back to your place come nightfall to make sure you get back safe and sound is very well an action of love right there. I may laugh them off, but the very fact that someone is thinking of my well being is enough for me

#AppreciateTheLittleThings

i was gonna say something like the first line but yeah, i agree with this entire post.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Largely speaking, the feeling of karmic return or that something is an appropriate response to something I said or did or a way I've acted in the past brings about feelings of something other than indifference - IMO. I don't know if it's right to say that I try and look on the bright side, or I'm just dumb enough that I tend to, it's probably really some of both.

#AppreciateTheLittleThings

My question is, do people want to hear a lengthy story of feeling love and paranoia together (in short, being humbled by what could be mere random chance)? We're talking a story about 25 cents here.

when i want to kill myself even more. love is such a bad waste of emotions and makes me hate being a human. why cant i just be neutral all the time or hate everyone? love is only good if someone loves you back which is 100% impossible for me. so what the hell, me, be smart get over that emotion already. 

(sorry to get so dark i wanted to vent to people i dont know and dont care, about something i usually just stay silent about)

Edited by xXHoshiHeartsXx

Some weird and hard to describe tickle-ish feeling in my stomach, and the impossibility to think about anthing else but that girl.

Erections aren't about love; they're about sexual attraction. While somewhat related (I won't fall in love with someone I'm not sexually attracted to, but there are many other factors), those two things are ultimately very different.

55 minutes ago, Heptade said:

Some weird and hard to describe tickle-ish feeling in my stomach, and the impossibility to think about anthing else but that girl.

that's called infatuation =b

Not easy to describe, sometimes I just know I guess

but taking a shot at this like I feel I can trust him with basically anything. one night we were lying in bed and just talking about some things that are very vulnerable but we were open with each other and it's not the same level of openness I can get with other people

Also there's certain things I let him do--like pat my head, for example, in which I find endearing coming from him but utterly condescending from literally anyone else who is taller than me and I have not responded favorably to

but I don't feel anger when he does it, like it's not i'm just tolerating this behavior because it's my boyfriend or something, I genuinely like it and feels nice when he does it and hate it otherwise

3 hours ago, xXHoshiHeartsXx said:

when i want to kill myself even more. love is such a bad waste of emotions and makes me hate being a human. why cant i just be neutral all the time or hate everyone? love is only good if someone loves you back which is 100% impossible for me. so what the hell, me, be smart get over that emotion already. 

(sorry to get so dark i wanted to vent to people i dont know and dont care, about something i usually just stay silent about)

Considering how silent you tend to be (about yourself, anyway), along with how I haven't seen you in a long time, I can appreciate your perspective. One thing I'd like to mention is, while you're definitely not wrong about that, love does come in different forms. In regards to romance, most definitely; I won't argue there. But surely you must have at LEAST one friend that does love you, or even one that does but you've yet to recognize it, or they're bad at/don't often (if at all) show it. 'Course, I can only speak in regards to the friends that you have here, anyway, but even so, I'd not find it wise to pay less (if any at all) heed to those that do, in focus of what is "impossible" for you as you so put it. You may be surprised of the amount of influence you, or any individual may have

But even then, love is such a strong word that shouldn't be thrown around so much in my opinion. I, myself, like to keep things casual, but that's just me

4 hours ago, xXHoshiHeartsXx said:

I'm sorry, but that's not love then, lol. Love is not a waste of anything and if it makes you think that way, that is NOT love at all. And as Woozy/Motendra said, there are different kinds of love so don't assume love = romance.

also to add to my previous post, love is also something that you'll know when you truly experience it. 

4 hours ago, xXHoshiHeartsXx said:

when i want to kill myself even more.

Well that escalated quickly heh

In answer to the question:

Depends on what kind of love, and how one defines love. To me, general love is whether or not you'd miss it if it disappeared, no matter what it is. For example, I'd miss Cereal if it dissappeared, because I love it. I wouldn't miss Xbox or any of its games because I don't love it.

Never been in a serious relationship, so I can't say too much about romantic love heh heh.

Heh

Yeah

Spoiler

Will you love me? ;-;

Edited by Arcanite

The point where you start thinking about spending your life with the person and maybe having a family, for me, anyway.

4 hours ago, Freohr Datia said:

l o bui e lub

You buy lube?

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:
  Hide contents

Will you love me? ;-;

Sure, I'll love you, as much as a person can love a toaster, anyway.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Sure, I'll love you, as much as a person can love a toaster, anyway.

Awwwww <3

You really warm my waffles, Rezzy :)

Spoiler

Get it? Cause I'm a toaster? And waffles? Hee hee

i was thinking back on one of my weeaboo game books today: himawari (the sunflower) popped into my mind when i saw this question. what the heck does it mean to love anyways?

the strongest part of the novel is definitely 2048 (wherein you play from Aqua's pov), it really makes you feel for the characters. what struck me the hardest was when [character] chose to sacrifice their own desires to do what's best for the person they loved, when they put someone else's wellbeing beyond what they themselves want. it's not a very happy ending for any of the characters involved but that theme of self-sacrifice contrasted with a certain other character's coldness made the incredibly strong emotional impactful
when you get to aqua's route, you see that both characters have less than comfortable reasons for getting into a relationship - they are dependent, scarred, and fucked up. but both of them are willing to look past what issues they have and take a go at a relationship - what may have been selfish intentions at first shift into something that's healthier for everybody - a pair that works through their own problems and love despite how heavy the emotional baggage is. and that was the finest depiction of love i've ever read in the past few years

don't read my rambling, please!

QOTD 1208 - What color are your nails painted atm? submitted by I buttdialed this

My nails are not painted, and to be quite frank, I think nail polish is little bit of a waste of money. So as manicures.

Spoiler

Let the records show, that this doesn't mean I particularly identify as any specific gender, this only means what it says. And it says what it means lol