QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Well first I'd ask myself if I did something wrong to make them feel this way about me

If it isn't my fault then all I have to say is: why?

That's sort of my feelings.  If I unintentionally did something to offend someone, I try to smooth things over.  I never deliberately try to hurt someone's feelings.  I generally try to go out of my way to be affable.

If I assess the situation, and think the person is just being unreasonable, I wish them well, and move on.

I don't have particularly great hand-writing, but I do not find it hard to write symbols or anything heh

9 hours ago, Chen said:

fuck you, buddy

remind me not to get on your bad side

I do them well enough that people can read them... although, if I am rushing trying to write something down, things start looking like other things. For example, my little 'r' start looking like my gammas etc.

although I compare myself to professors who choose the most confusing symbols for mathematical notation... and to add insult to injury, they choose to use the ones they clearly can't write down.

Edited by SlayerX

No. What a protagonist needs to be, however, is to make sense within the context of their story. A protagonist doesn't need to be relatable to the reader, because the protagonist should be their own character instead of a stand-in for the reader. But as the reader you have to understand why the protagonist is doing what they do, why they feel what they do, and for their actions to match up to their words and how they are described or how other people describe them. Even if you don't agree with the reasons as to why the protagonist does something, you have to understand why they are doing it and be able to see it as a logical reaction for that character.

14 hours ago, abalone princess said:

important but not vital imo

to add to this, if they're not relateable on any level, it's harder but not impossible for me to get invested in them

I think relating to characters as a whole is stupid

I don't really think so. As long as they have mad epic powers (or are just funny/good at what they do) its all good for me

Examples:

I don't find Phineas or Ferb relatable, but the show is still fricking awesome

I don't find Edward (Full Metal) relatable but, again, the show is still fricking awesome