QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

oh wait I just realized vlive also counts doesn't it

well anyway, while they do attract a bunch of clowns they also attract a bunch of non-clowns and I think they allow for lots of cool opportunities and can be really handy

so you go, social media

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things like facebook and google + that insist on me showing my face to the world is something I hate. I like my anonymity in Internet, even if i have shared my picture in this forum. Things like messenger and skype are fine, because i have more control over that information. Other kinds of social media like twitter, pinterest, and snapchat I have very little care for. 

I wish it never existed. I can't count how many times whenever I hung out with my friends or cousins that they are glued to their screens about their insta or twitter page. I'd travel 6+hrs plus to see my family and literally have them jus go on their phones when we hang out. I'm fine w/people who manage their time on it decently but for fucks sake, be considerate. I know that it can be used to keep contact with distant friends & family, yes, I'm cool with that. I like THAT & ONLY that about social media. I don't even want to talk about the dumb shit I've seen people post on it too. Honestly go spend your life being productive or go out and meet real people. Nobody in the real world gives a shit about how many likes or followers you receive. I'm not for it, that's jus me, if it works for you, great

I think talking to people irl is a lot better than social media. Also, some people just put too much information out there as well as some "questionable" pictures as well as stupid stuff in general. The stuff I find the least appealing is inspiring quotes (but getting inspired is a good motivation, some people make it so that is all that they post.... ever). 

Also this:

2 hours ago, Slade said:

Nobody in the real world gives a shit about how many likes or followers you receive.

I agree with this too:

2 hours ago, Slade said:

I can't count how many times whenever I hung out with my friends or cousins that they are glued to their screens about their insta or twitter page. I'd travel 6+hrs plus to see my family and literally have them jus go on their phones when we hang out

This is why I said I'm not sure when we had the "Does technology make things too convenient" question (Not sure if that was the exact question)

People can be whoever they want on the internet, but when you see someone in person you can actually see their emotions in their faces and understand who they really are!

I could be a homicidal maniac for all we know

1214: LOVE

1215: NOP

1216: SOMETIMES PEOPLE MAKE FUNNY TWITTER POSTS AND THEN I LAUGH

1217: I FISTBUMP THEM IN THE FACE

The question sounds like it's talking about formal introductions ("Hi, my name is Euklyd, nice to meet you" sort of thing, even in casual contexts); I would never fistbump in such a context.

However there are hundreds of people that I've fistbumped when I first meet them due to the context of such a meeting (Smash Bros. tournament, in bracket).