QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

I know that the gameplay and plot aren't the best for RPG standards.
But I thought that at least the characters made up for it.

Tbf I haven't read any reviews in magazines so I can only speculate.

Edited by アリサ ラインフォルト

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason for which I can say that I enjoyed the specific game, is because I tried Victory afterwards (MK2 was my first in the series). And I can say that one was times better than MK2. Apart from that, yes the characters are the only thing that could convince you to try Victory.

It was my first game too.
The story (if I may even call it) was shit, yes, but Idc much for it.
The gameplay was meh. Not entirely bad but had much room for improvement.
The biggest problem for me was the difficulty. Several bosses oneshotted me and since I'm not fan of grind-festivals I quitted it.

6 minutes ago, アリサ ラインフォルト said:

It was my first game too.
The story (if I may even call it) was shit, yes, but Idc much for it.
The gameplay was meh. Not entirely bad but had much room for improvement.
The biggest problem for me was the difficulty. Several bosses oneshotted me and since I'm not fan of grind-festivals I quitted it.

That was the logical thing to do

1 hour ago, Chen said:

hey, idolmaster is HARDCORE simulation

i'm sorry chen

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2, I suppose...

oh yeah, nep games do qualify as pretty bad
except for vii maybe

13 hours ago, Refa said:

Everything that I enjoy is objectively great.

8 hours ago, unique said:

is what I was going to write before reading this post, my new answer is mega man 4

How the hell is Mega Man 4 considered "objectively bad"? Mega Man 8 I can see, but 4?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

5 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

How the hell is Mega Man 4 considered "objectively bad"? Mega Man 8 I can see, but 4?

it was a joke, because i like mega man 4 and refa doesn't

Fire Emblem: Awakening. Terrible map design, absolutely broken gameplay (pair up is completely unbalanced, Robin can solo the game with barely any effort, overleveled units still get considerable EXP, which allows them to snowball the entire game. Was it even playtested?), bad story, bland, one dimentional characters, and yet I still played (and enjoyed) it for over five hundred hours.

I'm half joking, but really, this is the closest I have to an answer. What would a objectively bad game be? If I enjoy a game, isn't it automatically good for me? Either way, Awakening is full of objective flaws that I can't overlook yet I still enjoyed my time with it, so w/e.

Edited by Nobody

gauntlet: dark legacy is the closest one I can think of but it's not even "objectively bad", it has enjoyed a cult following and everyone else thought it was mediocre afaik

but i do like it very much

Edited by Tryhard

31 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

gauntlet: dark legacy is the closest one I can think of but it's not even "objectively bad", it has enjoyed a cult following and everyone else thought it was mediocre afaik

but i do like it very much

I love that game.  I didn't know it was considered bad.  I wish there were more games like that nowadays.

12 hours ago, In The Beginning said:

The SNES Bubsy games.

I liked that game.  It seems over-hated.

I actually owned and beat the Dick Tracy game for the NES.  Another I played was the GBA Lords of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring game, I wasn't able to beat it, because it glitched out on me in Moria.

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I love that game.  I didn't know it was considered bad.  I wish there were more games like that nowadays.

It wasn't really considered bad, just that hack and slash games usually get reviewed as being monotonous and mediocre outside of, like, Diablo, or panned by people who don't like hack and slash due to its lack of depth, but I was always a fan of those types of games so it was very good to me. Especially since it was multiplayer.

Gauntlet: Seven Sorrow was the sequel and I heard it was actually very bad, though. I never played it. Otherwise there was the newer steam Gauntlet but that was based of the old arcade Gauntlet games, though it was still fun. I kinda hope for a new 3d game or a rerelease or remaster of Dark Legacy, but unfortunately it looks doubtful.

Edited by Tryhard

mario, as a matter of principle

among the games i've actually played, i'd say awakening
it's really shallow waifushit, and i don't have anything against waifushit
i don't understand how it got 92 on metacritic

Edited by TheEnd

11 hours ago, TheEnd said:

mario, as a matter of principle

among the games i've actually played, i'd say awakening
it's really shallow waifushit, and i don't have anything against waifushit
i don't understand how it got 92 on metacritic

shame on you

I will on agree on this specific one for a certain reason...
I enjoyed playing this game for hours (I would replay it so many times), even more so than any other FE game for 3DS.
But then this whole waifu-mania that was created because of it, and the sheer stupidity along with it...
it made me so sick of it, I don't even want to touch it anymore...

Edited by James Bond

Battlefield 1 was a WWII game. That's all there is to it. It was an okay WWII game, but it fails miserably at accurately representing WWI even a little, so I don't like it.

+1 with @TheEnd in regards to Mario, especially in recent years. A resident damsel scrappy and a coward brother for the lose. I used to play their games for a long time, but now I regret it. To the extent where the 1993 Movie actually have better characterization. Oddly enough, any of Yoshi's games without Mario/Luigi is okay at worst.

Pokemon RSE/ORAS is another I haven't touched and never will. Why oh why did they decide to make a bogus version of Kyushu when they could have gone straight overseas like they eventually did with XY?

Edited by henrymidfields

Final Fantasy VI.

It's a very good game, but it's so overrated that I have to mention it here. It is considered a pinnacle of videogame storytelling and character development. Why? The character development is kinda always the same. WoB introduction/conclusion of WoB arc/ WoR recruitment. Three scenes of development. Not to mention Setzer's backstory is almost the same as Locke's (minus the creepy stuff). They recycled arcs from the very same game. And Kefka's a lame Joker clone, whose accomplishmentscan only be blamed on Gestahl's stupidity. Seriously, was there anything about Kefka that didn't scream "untrustworthy psycho", and he never seemed especially competent at his job... Why was he allowed to be the Emperor's right-hand man? And if destroying the world could be done by moving statues, any other villain could have done it, but it's a shitty motivation anyway.

And am I the only one to believe that if the Phantom Train plot had been introduced in a later game, say FFXIII, it would have been derided by the fanbase as the most ridiculous thing ever?