QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Sometimes you have to "rotate" your "appendages" yknow? 

I thought robots could just upgrade or replace your parts to better parts, no?

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Nym said:

I thought robots could just upgrade or replace your parts to better parts, no?

That's a waste of money and resources better spent on weaponry among other things~

43 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That's a waste of money and resources better spent on weaponry among other things~

How good is your weaponry if your legs and arms are more fragil than my tower made of paper towels.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

How good is your weaponry if your legs and arms are more fragil than my tower made of paper towels.

I'm not a war robot so I don't have the responsibility of holding weapons. My "legs" and "arms" don't need to be that strong anyway 

Your paper towel tower means nothing to me Nymbo!

2 minutes ago, Res said:

Thank you, friend!

:D

Well now that we're friends, what do we do? o.o

Honestly, I dont think I can call anyone a friend, which isnt an offense to anyone. Im just not nearly active enough, but I am starting to become more active so hopefully that will change. I will say that there isnt a single person here that I do not like. Everyone I have had the chance to interact with has been great, at least in my view.

Edited by Tolvir

43 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm not a war robot so I don't have the responsibility of holding weapons. My "legs" and "arms" don't need to be that strong anyway 

Your paper towel tower means nothing to me Nymbo!

XD

1 hour ago, Hattusili I said:

But what about bees, hoverflies and bumblebees outside? They are essential to the pollination of flowers. 

Or do you not have flowers in your garden?

Surely you jest! I most certainly have blooming flowers in my garden! However, I find the fact I rarely find these creatures to be most curious. Perhaps such is due to my area's cold climate... These insects tend to not vex me as they serve a purpose for this world and as such, I tend to excuse their presence. However, if one is insolent enough to enter my rooms of god forbid, my private chamber... They simply shall not live to see another day if they do not remove their presence promptly.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Sometimes you have to "rotate" your "appendages" yknow? 

Oh my, you are a mechanical being? How curious! Might I ask, is your dance choreography known as "The Robot"?

11 minutes ago, Clarine said:

Oh my, you are a mechanical being? How curious! Might I ask, is your dance choreography known as "The Robot"?

I am indeed a robot! And I also have a really good "Robot", as in, the dance move

*does robot*

7 hours ago, Res said:

I...I don't think I have any

I've considered you a friend.  Or maybe we're just dopplegangers.

54 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

:D

Well now that we're friends, what do we do? o.o

That's a good question where's my manual for 'how to act like a human'

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thank you! I do you, too, I'm just wary of imposing on people!

20 minutes ago, Clarine said:

However, if one is insolent enough to enter my rooms of god forbid, my private chamber... They simply shall not live to see another day if they do not remove their presence promptly.

I applaud this treatement to annoying insects such as flies or mosquitos...

But what about ladybugs, Miss Clarine? Are they doomed to get the same fate if they accidently fly in your house, room or god forbid, your private chamber? 

How many times have I squa-- euh... removed their presence from my arm, shoulder or leg only to realize it was a ladybug. The sadness, you should see it on my face at that moment.

And what about butterflies? Since you have a garden, I'm pretty sure an adventurous butterfly could fly inside.

12 minutes ago, Res said:

That's a good question where's my manual for 'how to act like a human'

Wanna drink some tea?

not that robots can drink anyway

19 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Res

Rezzy

Rezenator

The Rezistance 3, anyone?

Edited by Arcanite

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Wanna drink some tea?

not that robots can drink anyway

Mm, tea

I miss the culture of tea drinking, not that anything is preventing me from enjoying tea by myself, but it was partially a social thing for me

can confirm, i went out for tea today (granted sore throat so it beats coffee for sure in that regard). its really not the same if youre drinking it alone

8 minutes ago, Res said:

Mm, tea

I miss the culture of tea drinking, not that anything is preventing me from enjoying tea by myself, but it was partially a social thing for me

Life without tea is almost as bad as life without bread or rice~ it's just the simple things, you know?

Personally I can enjoy tea in any way shape or form whether or not I'm alone!

Just now, Darros said:

can confirm, i went out for tea today (granted sore throat so it beats coffee for sure in that regard). its really not the same if youre drinking it alone

Not for me.

I guess I'm used to drinking it alone XD

Just now, Arcanite said:

Not for me.

I guess I'm used to drinking it alone XD

i think for me its (maybe not so much in the summer as when im in school in the fall/winter) i depend on coffee to survive and i really enjoy the taste of it so ill take that over tea 99% of the time. christmas being the notable exception. i love christmas teas

1 minute ago, Darros said:

i think for me its (maybe not so much in the summer as when im in school in the fall/winter) i depend on coffee to survive and i really enjoy the taste of it so ill take that over tea 99% of the time. christmas being the notable exception. i love christmas teas

YOU DRINK COFFEE?

get away from me!

We can't be friends D:

Just now, Arcanite said:

YOU DRINK COFFEE?

get away from me!

We can't be friends D:

:(

i need my sustenance my guy, people who can stay awake after getting up at 7am without hella caffeine are definitely not my crowd.

I'm kind of immune to the effects of caffeine

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Life without tea is almost as bad as life without bread or rice~ it's just the simple things, you know?

Personally I can enjoy tea in any way shape or form whether or not I'm alone!

I definitely can enjoy tea alone, but to be perfectly honest, there's also a laziness factor. Putting on the kettle for several people? I can do that. Putting on the kettle for myself alone? I usually choose to pour a glass of water instead.

Just now, Res said:

I'm kind of immune to the effects of caffeine

I boil water and put them in pitchers because I don't drink bottled water or water out of the tap

And I always drink water, so boiling a whole kettle works well for me.

5 minutes ago, Darros said:

:(

i need my sustenance my guy, people who can stay awake after getting up at 7am without hella caffeine are definitely not my crowd.

just to be clear, I'm not a guy, I'm a robot

I go to "bed" at like 2 and wake up at 7 every day. Not a single drip of coffee. It's bad for your teeth!

While I would normally agree with Interdimensional Observer in saying that I only have acquaintances on this site, because it occurs to me that I literally have no in real life friends, I have come to consider some on this site to be my friends.

Mostly, it would be the people in the "Post a fact about the person above" thread, but specifically @Nym, because he's a cool dude and he's one of the first I really interacted with after joining.

In addition is @Randoman, in part due to some interactions in the "Alternate Universe" thread (I need to revive that thread) and the interview thread.

Finally, largely because of a strong charisma that makes it impossible to dislike them, @Arcanite. It's always nice to see "BILLLLLLLLL!" in the fact thread.

There are probably others, but these three came to my mind first. No idea if these feelings are reciprocated.