QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ACE COMBAT SERIES:
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (Why? "Dog-Fight Mode" and the real-world setting as opposed to our beloved Strangereal universe)

SONIC SERIES
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 (Terrible music and physics; nothing like the originals and certainly not worthy of the name "Sonic 4")

METAL GEAR SERIES
Metal Gear Solid 4 (still good, just my least favourite of the series)

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Uninteresting plot, dull characters, couldn't even make it to the end)

Edited by Raven

QOTD 1229 - Fire Emblem Fates... I have only played PoR, RD, awakening and fates (conquest), but the changes made with the weird skills, the addition of kids with a bs alternate dimension, as well as just the general growth of units and the pair up mechanics are just too different from the FE i liked in PoR and RD. Also, Conquest has the habit of just being really unfair... Honestly, the mission in the cave with all the fucking ninjas is a pain in the ass, and their weapons are just too op imo.

Final Fantasy - FF9 takes the cake. It is honestly not a compelling game IMO. Much rather play FF8. Although, Vivi is fucking great so at least it has that going for it.

LoZ - Spirit Tracks, haven't played all of the games so out of the ones i have played spirit tracks is my least favorite. I always thought it missed something, but not sure what. Perhaps it was the lack of being able to walk on the field or something... idk. I like the train and the bosses in the game though.  Its a fun game none the less. Although playing the instrument is slightly less annoying than playing the harp in Skyward Sword.

QOTD 1230

According to Wikipedia, Monster hunter, FF and Tales are JRPG's soo....

Monster Hunter tri, FF12, and Tales of Zestiria (might be early to take that spot from Symphonia, but i really like the battle system, among other things [although story and dialogue it is quite meh (possibly because it is i am playing it in english though)]).

These games are subject to change at the drop of a hat and without notice.

Edited by SlayerX

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC/SC/the 3rd (really can't decide which one of the three I prefer).
NieR: Automata. If this doesn't count, I'll put Resonance of Fate here instead.

One franchise rule. Otherwise this list would be a bit more boring.

1. Romancing SaGa 2

2. Pokemon HeartGold

3. Idk, Dragon Quest 4 and 5 are pretty fun

1229: can't really decide on a favorite series right now so I'll give a few answers: FE6, Dark Souls 2, SMT: Strange Journey (I still enjoy the last two a fair bit, just not nearly as much as the others in their respective series)

1230: FE12, SMT IV, NieR 

I still don't know the difference between RPG and JRPG, unless the only difference is whether or not it was made in Japan, which is a very silly distinction.

Anyway, they might be Xenoblade Chronicles, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Pokemon White 2.

Edited by Rex Glacies