QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i get happy if games i like get good scores but i don't really care if they get bad scores. generally the games i like are pretty bad objectively anyway

(although i once read a review declaring style savvy "misogynistic" and "forcing women to like fashion" as if it's not....a game that only people who like fashion would play anyway......)

hmm, judging by the submitter's name, I'm guessing the idea is it's about game reviews on games that I already know?

I... never look them up, honestly. I may get disappointed if a game I love gets a low rating, but I tend to just blame it on myself because I have incredibly low standards so clearly I just have trash taste \o/

and I don't require perfect scores on any of my games either~ Particularly when the score is out of 100. That just sounds like too much to expect of too many games

but when it comes to reviews before I buy a game...... well I'll be honest I don't actually ever look for reviews. I may come across some every now and then if I want to look into what the game is about, but since I have wildly different standards than most I try to get a judge on the games myself (but also try to not spoil too much to myself~)

oh actually before I post I just realized I lied I very frequently look at reviews for phone games/apps since they're conveniently right on the same page I'd install them from~! And I just get a look at some of the good reviews and some of the bad reviews and decide if the bad stuff is stuff I care enough about or not (or if it's from people who look too eager to complain~!)

Too much water

Really though, scores typically mean absolutely nothing, because I feel so many reviewers base scores on subjective feelings or on techinical/design aspects they don’t even understand. 

If I’m curious about getting a game I’m unsure of it is nice to see what people are saying about it, though. 

I do care when it comes to seeing the gaming community perception versus the gaming critics side of things. When the public see certain scores on nostalgic game series they love so much, they freak out and bash out when it really isn't because the reviewer hates it per say, but due to certain functions that made their short game experience not as enjoyable as it could've been. I tend to be bias on certain games so I play them regardless of score, but I usually read the reviews to see how games were received on a both sides.

I do care when it comes to seeing the gaming community perception versus the gaming critics side of things. When the public see certain scores on nostalgic game series they love so much, they freak out and bash out when it really isn't because the reviewer hates it per say, but due to certain functions that made their short game experience not as enjoyable as it could've been. I tend to be bias on certain games so I play them regardless of score, but I usually read the reviews to see how games were received on a both sides.

Because gaming sites will often blitz through a game (not always, but it's generally the case) in order to have a review up as soon as the review embargo is lifted, it makes their scores hard to relate too.  It's more useful for me to ask people I know who've played the game, or watch a review by a fan on Youtube.  Also scores aren't as important as the actual review itself etc etc.

I’d do so much better. Like, my life would be totally different.

i’d really miss my younger dog and my cat though, and knowing i might never end up getting them would kill me =(

Edited by Nobody

Being an 8 year old that doesn't sound like fun whatsoever, and I would probably fail to establish relationships that are important to me over again, on the other hand I might be able to make more friends while I'm young but on the other I don't want to repeat High School and Primary school no matter how easy it would be. 

I would not be happy about it, that's for sure. :unsure:  I don't care that my current knowledge would help my past self make better decisions.  

Yikes, I would be 18 again... Becoming a teenager again sounds like a nightmare.  I'd have to be in school again... And living with my parents...  :[ 

Looking back, I don't think I was truly happy with my life until I moved out on my own (well, with my SO).  

Back to 14, eh?

Could change a lot of attitudes and whatnot, though the first two years would suck a lot because I wasn't exactly having all that good a time with certain people.

Might not have ended up here though. :P