QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do! Or at least my only exposure is really to my dad's side of the family. But they're all really friendly people so it's always a great time whenever we can all get together

I was supposed to go see them today, but it looks like it's going to involve driving through a snow storm for hours, so I probably won't get to see them this christmas

It's exhausting.  Most of my family members are great people (although I generally only interact with my immediate family and one of my cousin's), but striking up a conversation without booze is not my forte, and maintaining that conversation is even harder.  I also don't share too many hobbies with most of them.

Edited by Refa

Nothing material, just love and togetherness and peace

i know that's sappy as fuck, but gift shopping is really stressful and I'm so perpetually cynical that any time of goodwill like Christmas has to be appreciated.

What is it with these guys being so selfless??? Peace? Love? Brotherhood? Good will towards man? It's like they don't even know the true meaning of Christmas: greed.

I want a million dollars for Christmas.

... and, hell, y'know what? Gimme a pony, too.

Sleep is a close second, though.

3 hours ago, Euklyd said:

What is it with these guys being so selfless??? Peace? Love? Brotherhood? Good will towards man? It's like they don't even know the true meaning of Christmas: greed.

I want a million dollars for Christmas.

... and, hell, y'know what? Gimme a pony, too.

Sleep is a close second, though.

Last question - No, I do not like spending time with my family. They can be kind of awful and quick to anger and start yelling. It sounds like a mad house sometimes to be honest. Plus I have so little to talk about with them, and they barely if ever pay attention or even understand what I say (things don't always translate nicely between english and spanish).

I didn't want much for Christmas. Except a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Also, an Ukulele but i forgot to tell my parents when they asked. I'll probably just buy one for myself though. Oh and some new pants, my old ones got holes at the bottom because they are a tad long and i didn't always roll the bottom of my pants up ("i grow old i grow old i shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled")

Edited by SlayerX