QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

I have an urge to plan like every minute, but because that doesn't actually work (and also takes up a lot of time and can lead to plenty of stress), I try to go with a general idea of the things I want to do in a given week or on a given day rather than a fixed planning.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very much a go with the flow kind of guy. So i don't plan my weeks very much. I'll plan a day's afternoon or night if friends can/want to come visit or something but that is about the extent of my planning.

no

QOTD 1488 - What do you like and dislike about your favorite JRPG game? submitted by Persona 5 has a solid combat system and dungeons for the most part but dungeon 5 and 7 are...not good.

Let's see, Xenoblade Chronicles has interesting characters, a good story, huge and open world, fun combat, super user friendly interface, cool mechanics in the affinity chart, skill linking, vision system, great art style, cool weapons, great voice acting, lots of customizability, AMAZING MUSIC.

i guess a lot of the side quests are pretty generic, but there are plenty of unique quests.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has fantastic characters, what might be the best soundtrack in a game, and a combat system that's really and incredibly engaging. Unfortunately, so much of the game requires menuing, and going through the menus in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is absolutely horrible.

Brilliant game, but damn if it ain't flawed.

Um, Xenoblade Chronicles X is a lot of fun with regards to exploration, and while it can be difficult, the combat is really enthralling once you figure it out. However, the story and characters leave something to be desired.

51 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has fantastic characters, what might be the best soundtrack in a game, and a combat system that's really and incredibly engaging. Unfortunately, so much of the game requires menuing, and going through the menus in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is absolutely horrible.

Brilliant game, but damn if it ain't flawed.

You forgot about the clusterfuck that is the map.

its still an amazing game though, with an OST that I'd dare say overall beats XC1s OST 

On 05/03/2018 at 5:35 AM, Rex Glacies said:

Um, Xenoblade Chronicles X is a lot of fun with regards to exploration, and while it can be difficult, the combat is really enthralling once you figure it out. However, the story and characters leave something to be desired.

Oh my god, you have played X Rex? I will say in regards to X that the combat is extremely entertaining once you have it figured out and the characters are all really cool, however I wish it didn't end the way it did. The game also has the best soundtrack in every game ever 

Edited by Mackc2
I forgot the soundtrack

Dragon Quest VI

I really enjoyed the two world dynamic and class system, and like most of the cast.  

My main problem is probably the loss of focus in the plot once real Murdaw goes down up until Cloudsgate Citadel, it involves a lot of wandering around that mostly demonstrates the devs creativity with blocking off areas based on what you’ve done.

The class system could stand to be faster too, I guess

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm tbh The World Ends with You might be the only jrpg I've ever played?? though I don't fully know what all games count (edit: oh wait does fire emblem count? because if it does my answer would still be TWEWY ^o^)

I mean I love so much about it, I probably love the characters the most. Whether protagonist or antagonist, they all have really interesting stories behind them.

I think many people probably struggle with the combat though. I know I for one cannot control more than one character at a time >u> I absolutely cannot multitask. And I know at least one person who couldn't get into the game specifically because of the combat. I can only imagine there are many more who had that same issue.

Edited by Freohr Datia

Most Tales games have the common traits of fun combat, fun character moments (even if the characters aren't the best overall), and lots of content, hampered by the shittiest Jrpg earlygame syndrome ever, really bad pacing, and so much stuff that you absolutely could not find without a guide.

its ultimately not my favorite series because I've realized that I'm not that big on jrpgs in general, but I still enjoy it, even if I'm super opinionated about it.

none that I personally own, but there are several plants in this house

I'm just not the caretaker

I'm hoping to start a garden this year (guess that depends on if I'd be able to keep our new puppy off of it or not~), but they won't quite be the same thing ^o^

I have some fake plants and I don't mind me some fake plants because they'll always stay pretty and I can place them wherever I want and don't have to put any effort into them