QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pothos plant that is technically two (three?) but they are all in one pot. I really like it and it has grown rather nicely. I  also have a succulent but i don't take too much care of it since my roommate does it instead (also because it has spider mites and I just figured my roommate knew what to do more than i did). It had almost died in my care, I just didn't know how to take care of it. Although the spider mites were not my fault entirely. My roommate had plants infested with them already... I just left it with the other plants... I am a fool.  The pothos is free from them though, seeing as it is in my room.

Edited by SlayerX

For the past three years I've tried growing stuff in the backyard, I have a large one, and a large front yard. Nothing much, just a few planters with tomatoes, even though if I had the ambition I could build a greenhouse- I remember being let into the greenhouse at my high school several times, so warm and interesting. Anything other than tomatoes seem to die mostly, or bear little fruit for me. I wish I could do a little more horticulture. But maybe I'll add another planter this year.

Until then, I like visiting botanic gardens. They're living museums in a way.

All these sad ass questions nigh recently though...

Anyway, in that scenario, I'd just want to know why, so I'd try to communicate with said person... persistently, if necessary. Then, depending on the answer I get, if any, I either say "oh well" or be """""emotionally distraught""""", depends, really.

I tend to just stare at them whenever I can.

...they all break eventually.

But god help them if they break a pinkie promise.

Edited by Lau

Move on?  Sometimes you can believe with all your heart that you will fulfill a promise to someone, but life just gets in the way.  It happens.  It's not something that really bothers me anymore.

If someone repeatedly does it, I don't hold it against them.  I just make a mental note to myself that they might not fulfill their promises in the future.  Who knows, maybe they have issues that I don't know about.  

It depends on the promise. If it is something small, like a promise to get together a certain day or something, it doesn't really matter if it is broken. If it is something like they promised to be my roommate for the next year and then decide very last minute to break it, it would depend on context. But when that happened to me, the person clearly had no regard for me (based on a convo he had with one of my actual friends) and his reason was that his other friends wanted to get a place and needed another roommate [and this came very last minute, like a month before the next rent term began and all we had to do was hand in the lease and deposits].

That's hard to describe, there are lots of aspects of grief that can occur differently for everyone, and it never truly ends, but in my experience I have an awful habit that I hate of just not talking about it for years and then bringing up my issues to people who really don't have to listen to my problems

it is Bad 

tl;dr I deal by...not dealing

btw less sad qotd's por favor

Edited by ChefGuevara