Working on a Homemade English FE0

Rethel34

I know that there have been no true signs of FE0 being released outside of Japan, so I was wondering if for the Lackey program, it would be possible for us to create english versions of the cards. I'm not just posting this to say, "here's the idea, someone else do it." I am fully willing and able to chip in to some degree, but I wanted to see how this would go over before I go too far with it. That and I can't do it alone.

For a preview of what I've been doing so far:

2e0f479862abebdea1967bddc961c792.png

Still a lot to do, but this is the result of only a handful of free time and starting nearly from scratch in Photoshop, and while not a perfect rendition, the goal is to at least give the gist of what the card game might look like if it came to English-speaking regions of the world. My hope was that perhaps if this project were to garner enough interest, we could use the cards that came out of it in Lackey. Mostly because I don't want to have to rely on the ugly pop-up text box to be able to easily read the cards.

So, opinons? Anyone interested in helping out? Or should I just give up now (because I'm not doing all of those cards alone).

If you're interested in helping, I need help obtaining raw card arts so I can insert the English text boxes over them (or maybe fan art would be possible? Of course, we'd need permission from the artists, but then again, I'm just throwing random ideas out there). Also, I could fix up the template to where I could send it to any others who might be able to improve upon the flaws in mine so far if anyone wanted to do so, or even to those who wanted to make cards themselves.

Anyway, I'll shut up for now and let everyone else talk.

Could be worse. Keep at it, my man.

EDIT: However, I suggest you try cutting and pasting the ATK and SUP stuff, because the ones you show there are... ehhh.

Edited by ScarletFlame

The issue here being I absolutely suck at most things involving the visual arts. XD There's a reason my submission to the SFS contest was musical, but I'm giving this the best I've got.

[spoiler=Mostly Complete Chrom]

chrom_fe0_english_by_rethel34-da4nzey.pn

Haven't put the quote/flavor text in yet but this is the gist of it. Still kind of "ehhh", I know. But for being no good at this in the first place and only spending a couple hours worth of free time on it, it could have turned out worse.

Edited by Rethel34

I think it looks very good !

If we could have more so we could actually play with them it would be so great ! I would gladly help if someone explained me how to do it ^^

Thanks for your work !

Thanks for the compliments; they mean a lot! :)

I might do a couple more once I get the template sorted out properly, but unless a few others join in to help out, I don't think I'll do them all. Too busy and too little time to search for all the arts and such (though once arts are in my possession, I could make at least Blue promoted cards easily from what I've got lol)

Yes if you got a template that is easy to use, people will be able to help do more. When you mean art you mean the art without anything written ? So not a scan of the card ?

Yeah, the raw art with no text, if possible. I don't want to do an ugly opaque white text box over the already existing Japanese ones. Especially considering they're likely to come out different sizes when translated. It would end up looking unprofessional. For Chrom, I used the card sleeve. But there are only so many chars who got printed on sleeves. That, and the shapes of everything in my template don't perfectly line up with the japanese versions anyway, so that could make things even uglier if I were to use direct scans.

Yeah, the raw art with no text, if possible. I don't want to do an ugly opaque white text box over the already existing Japanese ones. Especially considering they're likely to come out different sizes when translated. It would end up looking unprofessional. For Chrom, I used the card sleeve. But there are only so many chars who got printed on sleeves. That, and the shapes of everything in my template don't perfectly line up with the japanese versions anyway, so that could make things even uglier if I were to use direct scans.

The thing is though not everything has raw art without text so its gonna be difficult to do everything :V

Downright impossible I'd say, multiple artists straight up don't have social media accounts for them to post their arts.

Even with the printed book you would have way too many holes, from base classes to promotions not to mention unique promos.

Some artists do post their arts quite consistenly, but just as many don't even knoweldge their work in the game besides maybe a reblog of the card being revealed in the official twitter account.

Actually, Lords have the most holes overall due to most of the artists not posting their arts, note how the Chrom came from the sleeve as Kozaki has not posted any of his Cipher full arts on the internet.

Both Corrins haven't had a single one of their full arts uploaded.
Only Chrom 5/4 has been actually uploaded... Mirage Chrom too I guess.
Neo Marth 1 was uploaded, while the rest haven't.
Playable Lucina 1 and 4/3 where uploaded, unlike Trashcina 1 and 4/3.

Ike has his 1, 4/3 and 5/4 arts uploaded.

That makes... 7 (8 if you count Mirage) lord arts that have been uploaded out of... a lot.

I was worried there wouldn't be many that would be accessible. I personally hadn't had much luck, but I usually don't with online searches. I asked simply to see if others had had more luck in the matter, but it would seem not. Might still try my hand at a few more, though, just for the heck of it.