"Before Awakening" is still beating me

jdb1984

I can't even figure out what I'm doing wrong, either.

I try being aggressive, I die. I try protecting that person, and someone else dies. I even backed off to avoid Lunge, and Chrom dies.

You would think that three level 7's, a Level 8, and a Level 5 would be enough to handle it. But nope, I just keep losing someone, no matter what I try.

Okay, so I picked them partially because I wanted them to get some extra support with each other. But they should have enough variety and strength to clear this thing. But for some reason, they just can't seem to do it.

I am at chapter 9, which I don't think is too terribly early. And it scales up the farther i go, so I would just be making it harder for myself.

Level 8 Silas, Cavalier
Level 7 Hana, Samurai
Level 7 Saizo, Ninja
Level 7 Rinkah, Oni Savage
Level 5 Felicia, Strategist

Take the ninjas at a time. Your team isn't combat heavy and won't double them. Go to the fortresses in the south and take them one by one. Idk if you get the reward if Chrom dies but don't worry too much for him. Or pair Saizo or Corrin with a +Spd pair up to one round the ninjas and avoid the lunge.

Edit: another option is to either wait for Takumi or Ryoma and one shot them. You get them at BR10 and BR13 (ending).

Edited by Quintessence

Take the ninjas at a time. Your team isn't combat heavy and won't double them. Go to the fortresses in the south and take them one by one. Idk if you get the reward if Chrom dies but don't worry too much for him. Or pair Saizo or Corrin with a +Spd pair up to one round the ninjas and avoid the lunge.

Edit: another option is to either wait for Takumi or Ryoma and one shot them. You get them at BR10 and BR13 (ending).

You only get both rewards other than the pebble if Chrom and Lissa survive.

Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa needs to survive to get all 3 rewards.

I went in there with a Level 10 Kaze, Level 12 Avatar, Level 11 Sakura, Level 8 Hana, and a Level 10 Rinkah. Rinkah was amazing because she had the Killer Axe and the Throwing Club. Hana was the weakest unit in there but she had the Kodachi ready for those Ninjas and she always had the Avatar or Kaze behind her.

(Not sure if difficulty changes the Ninja spawns, but this is for Lunatic difficulty.)

End of Turn 1: Ninjas spawn on the top forts.

End of Turn 2: Ninja spawn on bottom forts.

End of Turn 3: Ninjas spawn on the top forts.

End of Turn 4: Ninjas spawn on both the top and bottom forts.

Turn 1

You prolly can't reach the top forts on Turn 1, so don't worry about it. Just kill the Oni Savage closest to you towards the upper-right of your starting area.

Turn 2

Sit your butt on the bottom-right fort on Turn 2, so that one of the Ninjas is unable to spawn at the end of Turn 2. I would say sit on both forts, but you should leave the bottom-left Ninja alone so that Chrom and Frederick have something to distract themselves with so that they don't advance too far.

Turn 3

Kill the 2 Ninjas that have advanced to the bridge.

Turn 4

Take out both upper Ninjas. This is so that Frederick and Chrom are less likely to die a Ninja-y death. If you are unable to, then camp on both the lower forts, out of the range of the upper ninjas (and pray for Frederick and Chrom). You want to sit on both the upper forts and lower forts if possible, since you'll have to deal with less Ninjas on Turn 5.

Turn 5

Get rid of any remaining Ninjas first. After that, it's a Rout race. You wanna try to take out the boss before Frederick or Chrom gets there, since the boss has Counter and will most likely kill them.

(Not sure if difficulty changes the Ninja spawns, but this is for Lunatic difficulty.)

Played on Normal/Casual; can confirm that the ninja spawns don't change.

But yeah, staying on the forts in the first 4 turns will help you a lot. Just the bottom 2 should be fine, but if you can then definitely stay on the top 2. If you plan on completing this xenologue in the later part of the story this will definitely be useful as the ninjas get tougher, so you'd want less of them.

Rinkah should be effective against the ninjas given her weapon, but you'd have to be cautious since they can lead you to a samurai who can easily OHKO her. I forgot who else gets little to no damage against them though...

Turn 1

You prolly can't reach the top forts on Turn 1, so don't worry about it. Just kill the Oni Savage closest to you towards the upper-right of your starting area.

Turn 2

Sit your butt on the bottom-right fort on Turn 2, so that one of the Ninjas is unable to spawn at the end of Turn 2. I would say sit on both forts, but you should leave the bottom-left Ninja alone so that Chrom and Frederick have something to distract themselves with so that they don't advance too far.

Turn 3

Kill the 2 Ninjas that have advanced to the bridge.

Turn 4

Take out both upper Ninjas. This is so that Frederick and Chrom are less likely to die a Ninja-y death. If you are unable to, then camp on both the lower forts, out of the range of the upper ninjas (and pray for Frederick and Chrom). You want to sit on both the upper forts and lower forts if possible, since you'll have to deal with less Ninjas on Turn 5.

Turn 5

Get rid of any remaining Ninjas first. After that, it's a Rout race. You wanna try to take out the boss before Frederick or Chrom gets there, since the boss has Counter and will most likely kill them.

Thanks o/ You helped me a lot here. Took me half a dozen of tries before I finally figured a working configuration (I did this just after chapter 7 or 8 so I didn't have many options of units and weapons with Conquest). This would have been a piece of cake had I been allowed to control everybody (Yes Chrom, you really are a horrible strategist). Still I couldn't outrun Frederick and I had to rely on him surviving one hit before I finished the boss and then try to make my Kamui an appealing target for what was left so that they wouldn't attack him T_T

Edited by Arkayjiya