Overrated Ships

CureRainbow

I'm so sorry if I start anything or broke any rules in advance I'm sorta new here

With Fates being released some months ago, we probably know a lot about the characters as well as the pairings and supports from them by now. It's enough time to tell which pairings are already well-liked or not. However, the massive popularity might be too tiring for others. With that being said, what pairings in Fates do you think are overrated?

Maybe I should start:

Subaki x Selena: Honestly, this pairing is a little unsettling for me. Selena was annoyed at her mother's perfectionism, so it's weird to see her marry a male version of her, only to give birth to an exact copy of her. I know a lot of people ship this because of the extra tidbit she has with Caeldori, but it's not my cup of tea.

Odin x Elise: This is probably the only popular Elise ship, but I honestly am not that fond of it. Just like Subaki x Selena, Odin is basically marrying someone who's almost identical to his mother. Heck, Ophelia with Elise's hair looks almost exactly like his mother with her hair down. Sorry, not into it.

Hayato x Sakura: While I found the C-A support to be pretty cute, it does seem like a lot of people ship them because Sakura seems "too young" for everyone else, just like why Lissa is usually paired with Ricken. Even though they ship Elise with an adult *shot* I honestly can't really picture Sakura as that young, but it's probably because she doesn't show her childish side as much as Hayato or Elise do. That's just me, though.

Kaden x Azura: I'm sorry to say this, but I found the support to be lacking. Yes, Azura could use some time to loosen up, but the support was all like "omg can I pet your fur". Then again the "touch fluffy tail" happened because of the JP support... Sorry, not shipping it.

BTW, they don't have to be ships that you dislike. Hell, I ship Xander x Charlotte and Takumi x Oboro, but I haven't found anyone who doesn't ship them.

Edited by CureRainbow

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't ship Oboro X Takumi. I ship Oboro with Benny/Silas (even though everyone hates him) and Takumi with Mozu/Setsuna. I also ship Tsubaki X Nyx. Also, Ryoma X Mozu, Xander X Mozu, Saizou X Mozu, Hinata X Mozu, Arthur X Mozu everyone X KILLager essentially im serious btw

I don't personally ship Shiro X Caeldori. The support was okay and I see why everyone likes it but I do have a guilty pleasure of Shiro X F!Kana. I like to imagine that Shiro waits for her to properly grow up and mature ala shoujo manga style. pls dont judge

I also don't like really like Tsubaki X Selena, not because she is marrying a male version of her mother. If anything, I find Tsubaki to be a better character because he actually has several, very noticeable flaws. I don't find Selena marrying Tsubaki weird because I interpret it as Selena finally moving past the hostility she felt towards her mother and realizing that achieving perfection is unrealistic and nigh impossible, therefore enabling her to see Tsubaki as his own, flawed individual. Caeldori's existence messes that notion up a little bit, though.

I don't like Saizou X Kagero, honestly. People ship them because they have past history but I see no chemistry between the two of them. I personally ship Odin X Kagero because of the burst of emotion, faith and enthusiasm she shows in regards to him; Kagerou hardly ever gets pumped about anything.

I don't like any one of the royal siblings together, either. Everything is okay but, once that S-rank is put into the equation, everything goes downhill for me.

Ryoma X Camilla. Ew. Lilac-haired Shiro. EW. Support rank C-A. EW! (The kiss part was funny, though.)

Hinoka X Xander. Meh. Cherry-haired Sieggy. Ew. Support C-A. Meh. (The two boring together, in my opinion.)

Basically, I prefer them with other characters that are not each other. Also, S-rank kills supports. lol

all of these are my opinions pls dont get mad at me

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Anything with Corn, tbh. Azura/Corn is terrible. (sorry, Phillius) Mostly because of blood related reasons. Corn with any of the siblings (Nohr or Hoshido) is a bit bad too.

I like it, but Leo/Takumi is really overdone.

Subaki x Selena: Honestly, this pairing is a little unsettling for me. Selena was annoyed at her mother's perfectionism, so it's weird to see her marry a male version of her, only to give birth to an exact copy of her. I know a lot of people ship this because of the extra tidbit she has with Caeldori, but it's not my cup of tea.

Its funny because i did this ship for a reason. Selena as Severa upset me in Awakening in a great deal of ways. Shes the only member of the playable cast not named Emmeryn that i wholeheartedly disliked. So as a kind of cosmic punishment, i paired her with Tsubaki so she can have that shitchild for a daughter. She really deserved it.

tumblr_m8ygu2yqas1qgvto4.gif

im actually not that big of a fan of Hinoka/Xander. But its really not that overrated. I only know of one person who loves that ship.

I dont care for Saizo/Kagero. I want her with Orochi lmao

I don't ship Xander x Charlotte, I'm not a fan of the support convo's that much, no romantic chemistry at all in my eyes. And these are two characters I like very much, which furthers my disappointment.

Other than them, I'm cool with most ships honestly. Even the "canon" one I felt was really well for the most part. (They've learned from their mistakes with Awakening).

Selena x Tsubaki. I prefer Nyx x Tsubaki and usually Selena x Hinata.

I'm also okay with Peri x Laslow but I prefer Azura or FCorrin for Laslow by a large margin. I like Takumi x Oboro but I like Niles x Oboro slightly more.

Don't understand Takumi/Oboro. I just.. don't see whatever magical amazing romantic chemistry everyone else sees. Its really boring. Its the only Takumi ship I ever do though, because I don't have to think really hard.

To be honest, the reason OdinxElise is so popular is less about the characters, and more because of gameplay reasons.

They are pretty much each other's best spouse when it come to stats. Elise, in particular, has one only other good gameplay husband, since she can't marry Leo.

Said husband being Niles. Which is pretty good pairing too, since it creates a hybrid Nina.

So really, they are popular because they don't have a lot of other options.

Edited by Water Mage

I don't like Saizou X Kagero, honestly. People ship them because they have past history but I see no chemistry between the two of them. I personally ship Odin X Kagero because of the burst of emotion, faith and enthusiasm she shows in regards to him; Kagerou hardly ever gets pumped about anything.

I agree wholeheartedly, both about Saizou/Kagerou and Odin/Kagerou. Went with the former during my first Birthright run and was really excited because I heard that they had a history with each other, but nothing about the support really struck a chord with me? I S-supported them still, but I felt like a little kid who really wanted mom and dad to get back together after the divorce.

Did Odin/Kagerou on a whim during my Revelation run and I adored it. Kagerou really respects and believes in Odin in a way a lot of other characters don't, and it's one of the only supports where both her love for art is mentioned and the other character actually likes her art. Also it was hilarious.

do people like Hinata/Orobo? i was pretty fun with it until the whole "takumi is like fantasy but your like reality" and i'm like "whew this reminds me of Frederik and Cordelia settling for each other.

other then that i'm not too big on ships i don't like that might be overrated.

with that said I do like Hinata with Rinka and Kagerou and Orobo with Benny and Silas.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

I don't really like M!Corn/Azura because it seems like even the game wants to make it canon most of the time.

Also Xander/Charlotte even if they make the best mulletman the pair doesn't really appeal to me.

I'm with the opinion that I don't really like Laslow/Peri or Laslow/Azura too much. I think that they have great supports but it's just not my cup of tea. (Then again, I don't really have good tastes as my OTP is Laslow/Hana)

Ryoma x Camilla is popular? All I see is hate against it, since their entire support is about who know Corrin better. I bet it is a eugenic thing, since pairing Camilla with any physical children make them god tier.

I'm also not a fan of those "support that should happen" like Joker X Flora and Ryoma X Scarlet. I do feel like they should get more supports like I would love to see Scarlet/Hinoka or Saizo/Flora. If they do get supports with their crushes, I would rather have it end with A support with them confessing but Joker and Ryoma don't see them that way.

Takumi/Camilla

Peri/Laslow

Ryoma/Xander

Male Royals or her servants/F!Corrin

Sakura/Saizou

Ophelia/Soleil

Selena/Tsubaki, Laslow, or Odin

Wew

I like Leokumi, but ever since the US release it's kinda been getting on my nerves on how it's everywhere on Ao3. During the days of when Fates was only out in Japan, it was my OTP.

Edited by Dolphin

Laslow x Peri. A couple of lines from Laslow aren't going to even begin to change Peri, and her baby talk is nauseating.

Someone suggested looking at Peri x Odin and I like that so much better. We see Peri actually taking action to help herself, and she comes off better than Odin in their C-rank conversation! I'm admittedly anti-Peri but I quite like Odin/Peri.

(I also ship everyone x Mozu. She's like best wife and has fantastic supports in general. I'm also most men x Azura. I think Azura has better supports with almost anyone else, rather than Corrin.)

Nyx x Leo. 'Let me propose to you by describing some vision of our future child' - just no. Too creepy. (Odin x Nyx is also bad for this same reason, although I don't see Odin x Nyx touted as much. I did like Ophelia with dark hair, though.)

The only pairings I'd call overrated are the Corrin/siblings ships (especially Fem!Corrin/male siblings), but honestly you'll bury me before I ship those.

That's really it. The only one I think would count is usually just done for eugenics and the eugenics are pretty good so I can't fault them.

I always dislike popular pairings ´cause I´m a weird human, but here we go:

TsubakixLuna/Severa/asadaa: CureRainbow said everything that I think of this pairing, also I dislike Matoi and Tsubaki, and FlannelxLuna is my OTP so, that is

SaizoxKagero: They have zero chemistry, it's no weird that they broke, also, marry them is like when a child want to his parents marry again after a divorce like someone up say

OdinxElise: She'S like Lissa but more loli, marrying a girl that look like your mother is creepy, and he trate her like his lil' sis, that and I hate Ophelia with ELise's hair color

ZeroxOboro: I see a lot of people liking the together, but I don't see them together, also, ZeroxSetsuna is cuter for a Revelation pairing

Edited by Truffa

I don't ship Xander x Charlotte, I'm not a fan of the support convo's that much, no romantic chemistry at all in my eyes. And these are two characters I like very much, which furthers my disappointment.

Other than them, I'm cool with most ships honestly. Even the "canon" one I felt was really well for the most part. (They've learned from their mistakes with Awakening).

I personally don't ship Xander and Charlotte either. With all that Xander is going through of becoming Nohr's next king he does not deserve to marry a gold digger.

I actually find Arthur and Charlotte supports pretty good because the conversation does not start off with Charlotte making lunch for him.

Edited by Czernyl

Oh, this is going to end well...

Subaki x Selena: Like most other people have said, the concept of marrying Selena to a male version of her mother so she can give birth to her mother is ultra-creepy and screams Freudian issues to me.

Odin x Elise: Alright, I get it, they have great gameplay viability. But they also have better supports elsewhere, and similar to the above, Elise is just a little too similar to Odin's mom for my comfort.

Fem!Corrin x royal brothers: God these are everywhere and I hate it. I'd actually hate these even if they weren't popular, because they came about as a result of IntSys throwing away the promising family theme in the beginning so fangirls could bang their attractive brothers.

Ryoma x Camilla: This kind of reminds me of Frederick x Cordelia in that people always hate it on the forums, but ff.net is full of stories with it, so it's both popular and disliked. But for me? Bleh, their supports were so boring. Such wasted potential.

Edited by Abvora

Adding to the short list

Ophelia x Soleil

Xander x FCorrin (like even among the royal siblings this is the one I see most and probably my least favorite - I prefer him with Hinoka, Charlotte, or Selena)

Ryoma x Camilla

MCorrin x Camilla

Saizo X Kagero supports came off as dull and unromantic, and I like setting Saizo up with Mozu better anyway.

Ryoma X Camilla for somehow having nothing better to talk about than Corrin - and even Corrin gets fed up with it off-screen

Takumi X Oboro just didn't hold my interest

If we're bringing up odd pairs we like, then Arthur X Kagero is great to me since he never puts down her art and his bad luck actually serves to improve it, plus Percy comes out with super strength

Kaden X Setsuna since the supports weren't a complete running gag of her messing up one way or another

Azama X Effie and Azama X Hana for him having less chance to be an asshole during them (even if it can be funny when he is)

I like Oboro and Hinata better than Oboro with Takumi purely because I think it'd be really cute if she fell for her annoying partner instead of the guy she idolises.

Hinata and Oboro bicker like a couple all through their supports, and it's quite amusing. The S support actually ties it together, as opposed to coming out of nowhere.

There are no ships popular enough to deem overrated.

Except Leo x Takumi.

Fuck that one. It's so unoriginal it's not even funny.

Not that big on Benny x Beruka, especially since she tells him to go away constantly throughout their C-A rank. The S rank is especially jarring since they're still so awkward with each other, to the point where they can barely talk to each other.

Concur with Selena x Tsubaki being hilariously creepy. I'd rather not give Selena an Electra Complex.

Laslow x Peri since it's the classic, nauseating example of the idea that psychopathy can be cured with a talking-to and deep dicking, which is fucking impossible. Psychopaths like Peri do not "get better", no matter how much that DLC convo between her and Soleil tries to make us believe that.

Leo x Takumi is snoozeworthy and spammed to the point of ridiculousness.

Camilla x Hinoka is equally snoozeworthy and Camilla comes across as rapetastic in most of their interactions.

Edited by Dark Sage