Overrated Ships

CureRainbow

I find that a lot of the Corrinmui supports are somewhat one-sided. That is, the other character prattles on about some personal feelings or reiterate their gimmick, Corrinmui says some choice words that appeal to them and then everything is fine. It reminds me of the Social Link system from the Persona series, honestly. Except the impact isn't as great because supports in FE are limited to three-to-four conversations, which make the majority of the character development smashed into a single support and lost when doing the supporting with another character.

I wonder why they didn't make the A+ rank into a proper conversation. I would have liked to see an Oath in the Peach Garden between Kaze and Silas, Arthur and Niles, Ryoma and Xander--essentially any of the platonic supports, regardless of gender.

I can't comment on the brothers; I have done the sin many times. I married Ryoma (and regretted it), Xander and Leo.

Takumi, I'm most likely going to marry to get the children support conversations but, after that, he's going back to fighting with his brother over KILLager. As a person that has social anxiety and self-esteem issues, I would realistically find Takumi as a kindred spirit of sorts but nothing more because of his issues. I know through experience that being with someone with deep insecurities takes some time, patience and perseverance; there will likely be times where they seem like they don't want to help from anyone, though it's obvious they do, and sometimes it will seem like they don't even want to help themselves.

At any rate, during the support with F!Corrinmui, she offers nothing in a relationship that Takumi would benefit from.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Lady Corrin does come across as being mean to Odin for sure! Hinata, I think their support can be interpreted differently. She's also pretty mean to Arthur and Kaden has My Room lines that suggest she's mean to him there.

According to some of the responses from Fem!Corrin's spouses when she wakes them up roughly in MyRoom, she's actually hitting them. Like legit hitting them. M!Corrin just shakes his spouse awake

So yeah. Fem!Corrin's a lot meaner than M!Corrin.

As a person that has social anxiety and self-esteem issues, I would realistically find Takumi as a kindred spirit of sorts but nothing more because of his issues. I know through experience that being with someone with deep insecurities takes some time, patience and perseverance; there will likely be times where they seem like they don't want to help from anyone, though it's obvious they do, and sometimes it will seem like they don't even want to help themselves.

At any rate, during the support with F!Corrinmui, she offers nothing in a relationship that Takumi would benefit from.

Although overall I feel we've definitely been able to help each other, there are definitely times when my husband and I have played off each other's anxieties and made each other grow more paranoid. But I'd absolutely go for a kindred spirit-type again; at the very least, you understand what the other's actually going through.

As for what Lady Corrin offers, I feel like that's hard to say when the S-supports are so scant and Corrin never replies to any of the My Castle dialogue, spoken or otherwise.

According to some of the responses from Fem!Corrin's spouses when she wakes them up roughly in MyRoom, she's actually hitting them. Like legit hitting them. M!Corrin just shakes his spouse awake

So yeah. Fem!Corrin's a lot meaner than M!Corrin.

Leo, Niles and Shura in particular made me feel terrible. :(

And a couple of post-marriage lines that also made me feel bad:

Kaden: "I try to be good while you're gone. I never touch anything-just like you asked" (So Lady Corrin specifically asks him not to touch things? Like a child? So odd...)

Hayato: "Sorry, I'm not really in the mood for this right now"

Have I mentioned that the fandom portrayal of F!Corrin irks me beyond belief? Because it does. Especially when they ship her with her brothers, and especially when they use that to "fix" them, completely dismissing the power of platonic and familial love as if Corrin would refuse to help their siblings unless they get laid.

Yeah, I remember this was a discussion back in the 4Koma thread. And I completely agree with you. It's gotten to the point of me avoiding the fuck out of every story with f!Kamui that I see, especially if she's paired.

What is it people don't like about Corrin/Leo?

There is no romantic chemistry between them. There's nothing Corrin can't do for Leon as his wife that s/he can't also do as his sibling. This pairing is literally everywhere. People portray it to be much more romantic than it really is. They're supposed to have been raised as siblings, and it's a slap in the face to the strength of familial bonds. If what Water Mage said about MyRoom spousal lines is true, then THAT.

They were designed to appeal to female players. What a lot of hardcore Leo/Takumi x Corrin shippers want is to have a relationship with an insecure guy with issues but without all the work, patience and time it would take to make such a relationship work in real life. It's cute for them to be dependent on Corrin in-game, but in real life it would get annoying (and possible creepy/disturbing) very quickly.

THIS STILL SQUICKS ME OUT. I'm not even talking about people who have anxiety issues and truly love one another, I'm talking about people who just want a person to mold to their ideals or even control emotionally. I mean, it's not some a harmless fantasy to help an insecure person out through their issues. You need to truly care about that person, and it gets very tiring even then. I don't think a lot of these fangirls have that patience, and I think for those who are not careful or don't care about the person enough it can turn into some sort of emotional manipulation or trying to mold the guy to what you want them to be.

Edited by Sunwoo

If what Water Mage said about MyRoom spousal lines is true, then THAT.

Here are some of Leo's MyRoom lines:

Japanese version:

"Treating only me like a toy, would you please stop it?"

"I love you. If you were to go someplace far away... It makes me terrified, and I would't know how to do anything without you. A world without you has no meaning to me. Just remember that."

English, when woken up by hitting:

"Ow! Do you have something against naps, Avatar? There's no need for violence!"

And you saw on Takumi's line earlier, but here's his english line when he is roughly awoken:

"Gah! Next time just dump a bucket of cold water on my head, why don't you?" It's quite clear that Corrin hit him.

Edited by Water Mage

Here are some of Leo's MyRoom lines:

Japanese version:

"Treating only me like a toy, would you please stop it?"

"I love you. If you were to go someplace far away... It makes me terrified, and I would't know how to do anything without you. A world without you has no meaning to me. Just remember that."

English, when woken up by hitting:

"Ow! Do you have something against naps, Avatar? There's no need for violence!"

And you saw on Takumi's line earlier, but here's his english line when he is roughly awoken:

"Gah! Next time just dump a bucket of cold water on my head, why don't you?" It's quite clear that Corrin hit him.

Yeah, F!Corrin can be a bit of a jerk. It's why I prefer the cinnamon roll that is M!Corrin.

Edited by Phillius

Yuri/Yaoi between the Royals. Especially Leo x Takumi.

Saizo x Kagero - They may have a past together, but that doesn't mean much.

Silas x Corrin - Supports are kinda bland.

Niles x Everybody but Mozu - He found an item precious to her and genuinely wants to help. As opposed to his Oboro support which I simply loathe.

Laslow x Peri - Being comrades is nice, but nothing special happens between the two.

Yuri/Yaoi between the Royals. Especially Leo x Takumi.

Saizo x Kagero - They may have a past together, but that doesn't mean much.

Silas x Corrin - Supports are kinda bland.

Niles x Everybody but Mozu - He found an item precious to her and genuinely wants to help. As opposed to his Oboro support which I simply loathe.

Laslow x Peri - Being comrades is nice, but nothing special happens between the two.

Well that's less because it's an outstanding pairing and more that it's Peri's only good one.

Yeah, Corrin can be a bit of a jerk. It's why I prefer the cinnamon roll that is M!Corrin.

Agreed. Between the fandom's portrayal of Fem!Corrin, how mean she can be, and my weakness for sweet dorky guys, I genuinely like M!Corrin more.

• 4 weeks later...

Corrin x any royal or neutral character tbh (except maybe Leo and Mozu). Look, I get it if you wanna marry a main character or someone who's always in your party no matter what. But as someone who doesn't (gasp), it's just been so tiring to see most Fates fanarts and fanfictions of the last year be of these ships. I'm bored! (Leo sort of gets a pass because of his implied sister complex, and Mozu because I love her and she's literally great with everyone)

Laslow x Azura I see like others see Subaki x Selena and Odin x Elise - interesting enough supports, but seems to be popular because he marries a singer/dancer just like his mom. And although I like Soleil, she's a problematic character enough that I find difficulty seeing her as Azura's daughter as opposed to, say, Camilla's or Peri's. Also, I don't like the idea of Azura marrying Laslow or Odin in Conquest because in that path

she pretty much FUCKING DIES. After all the tragedy Inigo and Owain have been through, I would never want to put them through even more suffering.

Ophelia x Soleil makes me wanna die. Again, I do like Soleil, but I also love my precious cinnamon roll Ophelia. As entertaining as their supports are, they showcase the flaws of Soleil as she pretty much sexually harasses Ophelia. I can barely even see those two as friends, let alone a romantic couple, and that's only because of their A support where they make up. I swear, this ship is only popular because Soleil's openly bisexual and the first person that comes to fans' minds as to which girl she should date is her dad's best friend's daughter. Expectation ā‰  reality, sweetheart.

I have a bit of a Saizo bias, but I do find him with Sakura and Kagero to be a tad overrated. I was satisfied enough with their supports, but I truly believe Saizo especially has better supports with characters like Mozu, Beruka, and of course Corrin. Hell, I think I'm starting to like him with Subaki and Laslow.

Edited by twistedxgrace

Yeah, F!Corrin can be a bit of a jerk. It's why I prefer the cinnamon roll that is M!Corrin.

Sounds a lot like the differences between male and female Robin and male and female Morgan where the guy is nice while the girl can be really mean (see: Chrom/M!Robin vs F!Robin and Yarne/F!Morgan)

Laslow/Peri, Selena/Keaton, and Sakura/Kaden are the pairings I see frequently that I can't stand, especially in PMUs. People let their OTPs make their goddamn picks for them and it bugs me. Especially when I wanna give something like Peri/Kaden for Paladin Selkie and Kaden. I'm honestly not a fan of most of the common pairings the fandom seems to love.

Edited by Emeraldrox

• 2 years later...

I'm currently still playing through Revelations with this time trying to get as much 'S' supports as I can. Unfortunately I accidentally saved the one where I ended up pairing Mozu/Saizo together (but thankfully I like them). (So they will be 's' supported in a different save file)

Right now - not a fan of Takumi/Oboro - mostly because I have a hard time warming up to her. Haven't done much of her 'S' supports so we'll see if that changes.

I'm also not a fan of Corrin/sibling pairingsĀ so...meh for me, I guess.

Or Corrin/Azura pairing too. I'm not a big fan of games trying to force a 'canon' relationship on me. Funny enough - I actually liked Azura/Hinata though I'm a Azura/Ryoma fan (the glare she gave him when he tried to stop her from approaching Dragon!Corrin was just a wife look - in my opinion anyway).

This might get updated - we'll see, providing I manage not to accidentally save any more.

Though - funny enough - I've fallen for Jakob/Selena - that was actually quite sweet...