New Vestaria Saga The Exiled Knight and the Star Maiden trailer released

MCProductions

I'm getting a pretty heavy FE4/5 vibe from it. It's looking good.

we'll need a kind soul to volunteer translating the moonrunes though

I just hope that they will enhance battle animations, especially when an attack hits.

Stoic animations are the way to go! Just look at the GBA titles! ...Nah, I agree. Some variety would be nice.

Music is fantastic and the graphics are beautiful! Can't wait for this to come out and a fanslation so I can read it!

It looks pretty great so far. It looks like an improved FE4. For what console is it? Or is it for Mobile?

Edit: also there was a girl that looks like Deirdre, all my love!

Edited by Quintessence

It looks pretty great so far. It looks like an improved FE4. For what console is it? Or is it for Mobile?

Seeing as it's being made in SRPG studio, I believe it's to be played on a PC

Game is 90% complete, with just the cutscene images to be finalised, so I'm assuming the trailer is a good representation of the final product.

Girl who looks like Deirdre is Nyna Kaga totally not stealing ideas from his own games BTW.

Love the new subtitle as well. "The Knight of the Fallen Realm and the Priestess of the Stars". Good luck trying to compact that : P

Game is 90% complete, with just the cutscene images to be finalised, so I'm assuming the trailer is a good representation of the final product.

Girl who looks like Deirdre is Nyna Kaga totally not stealing ideas from his own games BTW.

Love the new subtitle as well. "The Knight of the Fallen Realm and the Priestess of the Stars". Good luck trying to compact that : P

Nice, I actually didn't even notice the subtitle.

Edits topic to reflect this

So it's almost done, then! What was the release window for this?

I'm getting more Berwick Saga vibes from this game, well, aside from the gameplay of course. Looks cool, though I must admit that the battle animations are a bit choppy which, subsequently, makes the game look really bad. Wasn't too impressed with the map tiles either. I wish Kaga had more volunteers that could have made custom tile sets.

Man, if we had a Fire Emblem Fates that had more "Kaga-like" elements, that would have been a fantastic game right there...

Though one bad thing about Kaga is that he does have a tendency to get "samey" with his characters and plot. I swore I saw characters from Tear Ring Saga in the trailer.

Edited by Leif

This looks more like what I want out of FE than what we've been getting from the actual series!

Really looking forward to being able to play the game!

Edited by Glaceon Mage

My analysis

I also took the liberty of shortening the subtitle to "The Exiled Knight and the Star Maiden".

Noted, and edited the thread's title to reflect that.

This looks more like what I want out of FE than what we've been getting from the actual series!

Really looking forward to being able to play the game!

While I adore Fates to the point of it being my favorite FE, I can't deny that I'm very much looking foward to this.

I'm getting more Berwick Saga vibes from this game, well, aside from the gameplay of course. Looks cool, though I must admit that the battle animations are a bit choppy which, subsequently, makes the game look really bad. Wasn't too impressed with the map tiles either. I wish Kaga had more volunteers that could have made custom tile sets.

Man, if we had a Fire Emblem Fates that had more "Kaga-like" elements, that would have been a fantastic game right there...

Though one bad thing about Kaga is that he does have a tendency to get "samey" with his characters and plot. I swore I saw characters from Tear Ring Saga in the trailer.

I liked the map tiles, but I'm actually considering turning off the animations when I play, because they do look baaaaaaaaaaaaad. I don't mind the samey characters tbh tho, because if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I only take concern with DeirNyna.

Why would a bard use a whip to refresh units?

Kaga... Are you into BDSM???0_o

This is the same guy who had a cleric become a slave dancer in TRS so...

This is the same guy who had a cleric become a slave dancer in TRS so...

Terrorized dancers are a bit of a recurring theme in his games. Leen/Laylea, Lara, Plum...

As I said in the other thread, I think the game looks pretty great and I'll be looking forward to it, though a lot of the character designs are very FE-esque, particularly Deird- I mean Nyna. And I could have sworn that there was a character, an enemy wyvern rider, who looked like Travant.

Edited by The Geek

I'm kinda scared for this game if anybody at IS/Nintendo spies those character designs... at first glance, they look exactly like FE/TRS characters (it's not, for instance, like Beck and Classic Mega Man where the former references the latter but has definite stylistic and visual differences).

I'm kinda scared for this game if anybody at IS/Nintendo spies those character designs... at first glance, they look exactly like FE/TRS characters (it's not, for instance, like Beck and Classic Mega Man where the former references the latter but has definite stylistic and visual differences).

Tbf, Kaga isn't charging money for this game, so samey character designs and plot aren't huge lawsuit bait like TRS.

Terrorized dancers are a bit of a recurring theme in his games. Leen/Laylea, Lara, Plum...

As I said in the other thread, I think the game looks pretty great and I'll be looking forward to it, though a lot of the character designs are very FE-esque, particularly Deird- I mean Nyna. And I could have sworn that there was a character, an enemy wyvern rider, who looked like Travant.

So I wasn't the only one who saw Not!Travant

I'm not sure if you can be sued for stylistically similar character designs; besides, the supposed character designer did work on FE5.

It would be a dick move, but I doubt they'll care about this game being literally Fire Emblem, I'm sure they won't do a thing. Retro FE has few relevance in the market.

Besides, if they did care, they'd have to take down srpg maker too, since that is also "Fire Emblem except not".

Tbf, Kaga isn't charging money for this game, so samey character designs and plot aren't huge lawsuit bait like TRS.

I'm not sure if you can be sued for stylistically similar character designs; besides, the supposed character designer did work on FE5.

It would be a dick move, but I doubt they'll care about this game being literally Fire Emblem, I'm sure they won't do a thing. Retro FE has few relevance in the market.

Besides, if they did care, they'd have to take down srpg maker too, since that is also "Fire Emblem except not".

...How did I forget it was free?

Well, I think the main driving purpose is that Kaga had a lot of leftover ideas, but no money or team to execute those ideas until now (well, at least the team!). There's probably some overlap with that concept though, but moreso because Kaga wants to revisit the days of yore.

I think Kaga even specified that the game's meant for people who appreciate old-school/hardcore games. Which is mostly the older generation, but I guess there are some newer fans who like that kind of thing too : )

Edited by VincentASM