New Vestaria Saga The Exiled Knight and the Star Maiden trailer released

MCProductions

Kaga is a passionate guy when it comes to SRPG. I wouldn't be surprised if he did this out of passion. I also believe Fire Emblem's rise to popularity made him want to work on the style of game he created again.

Maybe he's been inspired by Keiji Inafune's private success with projects like Mighty No. 9

I was hoping they'd fix up the choppy battle animation framerate a little, but maybe there's not much you can do about it in the engine. I suppose I'll get used to it.

The trailer looks good apart from that, though, from what I can tell. The music is great. I forgot the release date was getting so close, but I'm looking forward to it.

Game looks cool. Will hope that the game is Mystery level difficult and and not Thracia level though. I don't really think I could do that.

The character designs look good as well, even if Deirdre is still around I see.

Game looks cool. Will hope that the game is Mystery level difficult and and not Thracia level though. I don't really think I could do that.

The character designs look good as well, even if Deirdre is still around I see.

I believe Kaga said in an interview that the game is supposed to be pretty difficult. It's targeted at classic SRPG fans, not newcomers.

Am I getting the "unit allegiance is directly proportional to looks" vibe? Totally.

The music is amazing, and I really hope Kaga wouldn't be horribly offended if an English patch came out for this!

Am I getting the "unit allegiance is directly proportional to looks" vibe? Totally.

The music is amazing, and I really hope Kaga wouldn't be horribly offended if an English patch came out for this!

Would there be enough interest for an English patch? Berwick never got off the ground in that regard. (I'd volunteer to help)

Berwick would've required a few different downloads on my part. It sounds like this game is free, so I'd be interested in it (even if my translation skills are shaky at best).

I'd help, but I don't know any Japanese so I don't know what I could do to pitch in besides double checking the English.

That's exactly my problem unfortunately. I know I could at least help make a menu only translation, but that's only because I'd mess around with the Japanese version so much I'd learn what each option did thru trial and error.

Still, if the translators need help from someone like me who knows 0 Japanese, I'm happy to help.

Is the composer the same person as for Berwick Saga? The musical style seems kinda similar. I think there was even a melody straight from Berwick Saga in there somewhere. The music is damn good, too.

Waiting for this game's release since the last year... Finally we see the final game almost complete . I'm excited to play it.

I doubt I would be much use in a translation effort, but I hope we'll see one. I don't know how things are in Japan, but there seems to be a decent amount of interest in English communities.

I'm planning on trying to play it in Japanese, but... I don't know how reasonable that'll be. I'm far from an expert in the language.

I doubt I would be much use in a translation effort, but I hope we'll see one. I don't know how things are in Japan, but there seems to be a decent amount of interest in English communities.

I'm planning on trying to play it in Japanese, but... I don't know how reasonable that'll be. I'm far from an expert in the language.

Usually, when I play games in Japanese (such as Touhou Chemblem, which someone did translate but had trouble hacking it in), I can normally figure out menus through trial and error.

So I'd say doable, just missing out on the plot.

i wanna say "looks neat" bbut it actually looks pretty ugly, to be honest. still, looking forward to it. love that Kaga.

if i can find the time (and motivation) i'll try translating it, but i can't make any guarantees. i'll at least try to translate the menus and stuff if no one else will. hopefully we'll be able to actually put the translation into the game

So, regarding Kaga's recent response...

We’ve been calling Vestaria Saga an “indie game”, but that’s not to say it’s comparable to a commercial indie game. Essentially, it’s simply Mr. Kaga’s “fan game” that he’s been making with the Fire Emblem equivalent of RPG Maker, with the help of a few like-minded volunteers.

Joke's on you, Kaga. That's exactly why I'm looking forward to it.

...Also, er, more seriously:

Please understand that it would also mean making separate text characters, and that I am not allowed to mod or change [the tool] in any way.

Does anyone know what he means by this? My first thought was that SRPG Studio doesn't support the English alphabet, but that kinda doesn't make sense, since it's a computer program and all.

Can you not change the menu option names or something?

So, regarding Kaga's recent response...

...Also, er, more seriously:

Does anyone know what he means by this? My first thought was that SRPG Studio doesn't support the English alphabet, but that kinda doesn't make sense, since it's a computer program and all.

Can you not change the menu option names or something?

I don't have much experience with SRPG studio, but to my understanding, the software only has a Japanese text font, and to add an English one would require modifying that Japanese font, which requires modifying SRPG studio itself