Hello, howdy, hi?

Lisa_Lee

Howdy. I finally decided to get a forum account on here, after, like, ten or so months. It's a long story best summed up as "my professor is allowing me to go join a fandom and write on it as a final. I should do Fire Emblem, so I should get a forum account here- I'm far too scared," and "the beginning of 2016 has been the worst of my life so far. I'm just gonna focus on my class work to feel better about everything." On the bright side of all that, I'm on summer break! That gives me some free time to do practically anything. Such as finally joining this forum. This is such an awful introduction.

I'm a 22 year old woman whose first Fire Emblem was Radiant Dawn back when it was first release. Family friend's son introduced it to me as an something anime that I might like, and I did so much that I eventually bought it and beat it. I also somehow managed to get my hands on Path of Radiance, but I didn't get far into that game. My interest in the series died down when I got into survival horror games and into that mess called JRPGs. It was really by pure chance I managed to get back into the series with Awakening.

Jesus, so many ups and downs with that game, I cannot decide whether I love it or hate it.

It's thanks to Awakening I'm back into Fire Emblem, but not why I haven't gone back and play the Tellius games (that's due to where the Wii is) or play any games before it (I would like to physically/digitally own the English release ones. The ones never released outside of Japan is more of a "I don't know if I want to emulate them" personal issue). It's also thanks to Awakening (and some previous games) I decided to go with Conquest.

I don't know why, but I just really enjoy difficult games and doing bad decisions in them.

Welcome to the Forest, Lisa Lee!

It's a long story best summed up as "my professor is allowing me to go join a fandom and write on it as a final. I should do Fire Emblem, so I should get a forum account here- I'm far too scared,"

Heh, there is so many people who are scared to join!

I will tell you the same thing I tell the others : we don't bite!

Have a nice day, enjoy your summerbreak and enjoy your stay!

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone. I'll try and remember all your advice (though, I should. It's on my topic that I have easy access to).

Hey there, Lisa_Lee.

What class are you taking that would want you to write about a fandom?

It was an Expository Writing class, but my professor had free reign of the class to do whatever. He decided we would focus on fandoms as a community with a basis of how a fandom was defined with the Star Trek fandom long ago and how an internet community applies to that definition (or take the class seriously and write 10 posts about an issue closely related to you with research and other sort of stuff). He would let us run amok for ten or so weeks interacting with our fandom, and, with the remaining weeks, we write a paper of our findings and class is over. It was a low priority class for both professor and students, but I enjoyed it. I got to do class work for something I care about.

Hi Lisa, I'm a newbie as well, but the first few encounters I've had here were super friendly and helpful so I think you'll be fine ;)

Also, it's nice to read about your class. I don't think this is something that's done around here a lot, interesting to read a bit about the differences in our cultures.