I'm extremely curious about the Omega Yato. I was doing a my castle battle in a random castle and something weird happened. My Soleil, whose skills are Vantage, Counter, Rend Heaven, Astra, and Lifetaker, attacked the enemy avatar who had the omega yato equipped. I thought "Ok, i have 30 hp, whateves she dies for the castle battle no big. OH WAIT, she has counter, so i should kill him if he hits" however, with his 44 dmg x2, counter didn't activate. My question is, does the Omega Yato nullify counter? because Soleil was attacking adjacent to him, yet it didn't activate.

huh.... that's kinda dumb, i was hoping it would have worked. Kinda stupid i couldn't use counter for my advantage

let's flip that. do you want the enemy ramming you with Counters on EP?

It's still one of the more useful skills to have, since you can put out someone who's tanky enough and put them into enemy range (like and MU with a Dragonstone equipped) and watch as all of the enemies damage/kill themselves. It's really quite hilarious.

I did that to Ryoma on my Conquest run. I just healed with Elixirs/Concoctions and he slowly but surely finished himself off.

Big thank you to the kind person who had an MU with both Counter and Countermagic on their My Castle team!

Likewise, its still quite annoying when enemies have it. Those three pesky archers on Conquest chapter 11 come to mind. I had to put Odin and Nyx in harms way in order to lure and kill them, with a bit of healing in between. I really am glad that there weren't that many more enemies with Counter on the map.

Counter does not work when the one who has it is the one who is initiating the attack.

Also, a killing blow will never be countered.

If you think that's dumb, then I'm assuming you didn't play Awakening on Lunatic. Counter that activates when the one who has the skill attacks is stupidly broken. Enemies with health likely far greater than yours would simply suicide into you. They hit you, you have no choice but to attack them back, and your own attack kills you. It was completely unfair. Thank god it's gone!

You can still use Counter to your advantage by planning for its use on the enemy phase, though.

Edited by Delfino

If you think that's dumb, then I'm assuming you didn't play Awakening on Lunatic.

Or as I like to call it, scan the map to see who has Counter.

Or as I like to call it, scan the map to see who has Counter.

then add instant move reinforcements to that and have fun. it's still an undo burden since non-players can afford to suicide. the fact that its the only skill that demands so much of your attention just tells you its not balanced