Kingdom Hearts 2.8 prologue trailer revealed!

Water Mage

At the end of the day, I'd actually like it if Square made a spiritual successor of sorts starting from scratch; nothing to do with Disney or Final Fantasy, but just a flashy, colorful action RPG.

Sir, I think you literally just asked for The World Ends With You. Thank me later.

Sir, I think you literally just asked for The World Ends With You. Thank me later.

I know of it, but I don't think it matches my criteria. It's not really KH-like in gameplay; that's what I meant.

And further thoughts on the story: half the game's convolution comes from the whole release order; if you line up everything chronologically, yeah it's still confusing but it's mostly eye-rolling "Really? Eh whatever" and not MGS/BlazBlue level "WTF is even going on any more" brain implosion.

Edited by The DanMan

Oh hey, this trailer I saw several hours ago.

I'm not interested in the 3DS redo. The Aqua side story I'm very interested in, if only to know what is going on with her. The gameplay looks okay, but I won't be able to play it in the near future so not bothering. I'm so happy the heartless hoard from that very old KH3 trailer is back (and with a proper gameplay appearance). It's still cool for me.

I'm sort of interested in Back Cover, but that's only because I have zero idea what is going on. I cannot play the game with my phone, and I haven't read up on anything related to it (except little snippets that existed before the game was released to US). All I took away from this was "unicorns," but I cannot wait to have some context to the whole thing.

SURE, I get to watch my union leader get his butt kicked because STORY. /salt

Ahem. . .DDD was really hard to play on the 3DS, so I hope a bigger screen and better controller makes it more bearable. I adored BBS, though my PSP went on the fritz while I was playing it. It'll be wonderful if I can play through BBS properly, attempt to do something with DDD, and watch my union leader get his butt kicked again. Or something.

SURE, I get to watch my union leader get his butt kicked because STORY. /salt

Ahem. . .DDD was really hard to play on the 3DS, so I hope a bigger screen and better controller makes it more bearable. I adored BBS, though my PSP went on the fritz while I was playing it. It'll be wonderful if I can play through BBS properly, attempt to do something with DDD, and watch my union leader get his butt kicked again. Or something.

Ahh.... that's on 2.5, which was released a year and a half ago on PS3. The Aqua story here is more of a continuation that serves as a "special demo" for KH3.

And I never had much trouble with 3D... guess I'm just used to the DS in general (hardly ever get hand-cramps or anything of the sort).

Perhaps, some them have similarities, like Aced, the Ursus Foreteller's keyblade having an earth theme, and Ava, the Vulpeus Foreteller's keyblade having a water theme, they might be counterparts, but I'm not so sure about the whole reicarnation theory, I know about it, but I'm don't think it is right.

Something interesting though, didn't the sixth apprentice, the black hood guy, had an attitude similar to Xigbar/Braig?

Oh, I promised to talk about Skuld and the Dandelions, right?

Okay, so Skuld is a female keyblade wielder who, like the player character in Unchained, befriended Ephemera, and again, like the player, had dreams about Ephemera after he vanished.

Ephemera told Skuld in the dream that the world they know would soon end.

Skuld and the player decided to enter the foretellers's castle to look for Ephemera.

The eventually run into the foreteller of the player's guild, who asks Skuld and the player what are they doing there.

When they say they are looking for Ephemera, the foreteller says that Ephemera was meddling too much and he was eliminated.

Skuld and the player get angry and get ready to fight the foreteller, however the foreteller vanishes and it was revealed that it was an illusuion created by Ava, the Vulpeus Foreteller. She created the illusion to test Skuld and the player.

She says she's gathering keyblade wielders, whom she calls Dandelions, to protect them from the war, and to the protect the future as well. And when she says future, I believe she says she will send them into the future. But I'm not sure if she means time travel or that they will sleep and wake up in the future.

Yeah, he is acting with a great confidence towards Unicornis: perhaps he could be the sixth foreteller and perhaps he is the real traitor.

Maybe they'll make Balloon less broken in HD 3D, doubtful haha.

Well, the deck command wasn't present in the trailer and won't probably be in the complete game too, so I don't think there will be any other magic that isn't Blizzaga, Firaga, Thundaga or Curaga.

Btw, when Terra arrives, It looks like the scene in Cinderella's castle from BBS. Maybe I'm thinking too much about it.

Edited by The Wyvern Rider

Well, the deck command wasn't present in the trailer and won't probably be in the complete game too, so I don't think there will be any other magic that isn't Blizzaga, Firaga, Thundaga or Curaga.

Btw, when Terra arrives, It looks like the scene in Cinderella's castle from BBS. Maybe I'm thinking too much about it.

He was talking about 3D, not .2.

Thats because it is Cinderella's castle.

... unless you mean the ACTUAL scene where the two cross paths, which I see what you mean, but might just be coincidence

SPEAKING OF TERRA, I was a little bewildered on how and/or why he's even there, but then I remembered one of the extra scenes in KH FM with Riku. You don't suppose it could be the same occasion?

I was pretty hyped for this, but by what others said it is not going to utelize the potential that it has.

Dissapointing, really. Oh well, there is always KH 3... eventually.

Yo, just about everyone~!

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X is now available in a bunch of different regions!

Also, if anyone missed the demo (like me):

(courtesy of /r/KingdomHearts)

EDIT: Oh, and if you DO have KHUx, you'll want to log in sometime this week. You'll see why~!

Edited by eclipse

Looks like Latin America and SE Asia got the shaft FSR. Can you download the NA version?

It's possible, but it's such a hassle, and as much as I want to play it, I'm not sure if it is worth the effort of having to go through making another account, and even then I'm not sure if the other account thing would work either...